Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

I’ve promised myself I won’t be getting excited about any player until I see them for myself. However, what type of player is he? 

Tall, two footed wide player. Wouldn't class him as a classic old-style winger. Has a good cross on him and can play on either flank, often cutting in. Suited Fylde's system last year which was fast counter attacking high energy football. Also won promotion with Barrow after a five seasons with them.

Check out the highlights of Fylde's 5-0 win at Aldershot from last season. A good showcase of what he's like. On paper, he looks like the type of player we're missing; a runner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dan Gardner close to moving to Rochdale as I understand.

If Kay is true then that’s 4 more, Reid and Willoughby unless any daft offers come in will report back for training. The only way of offloading them is to loan them out to a club who will take some of the wage burden.

Fylde very keen on Willoughby but a loan back to Chester is the on cards.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

If Kay is true then that’s 4 more, Reid and Willoughby unless any daft offers come in will report back for training. The only way of offloading them is to loan them out to a club who will take some of the wage burden.

Do you know when the players are due back in? 

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Surprised no one has come in for Reid. For all his faults, he’ll score goals.  

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Surprised no one has come in for Reid. For all his faults, he’ll score goals.  

Same, he’s a good player tbf. He’ll usually pop up with a goal. 

Wonder what him and Willoughby are earning, as you’d have to think its high enough that they don’t see the benefit (or want too) of leaving. 

I could see both being on 2-3k a week. 

6 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Same, he’s a good player tbf. He’ll usually pop up with a goal. 

Wonder what him and Willoughby are earning, as you’d have to think its high enough that they don’t see the benefit (or want too) of leaving. 

I could see both being on 2-3k a week. 

Yeah. Don’t think you’re too far away there. 

I can understand it with Kurt, it’s a big outlay for another club for a player unproven at this level. 

Reid though- has shown he can do it. Maybe his reputation is well known amongst the clubs. 

I hope we have all the most significant business done by the time they go to Scotland.

That will be the time when expectations and standards will be set.

I don't think signing Norwood, despite his ability ,a couple of days prior to last season did anything for the mood and dynamics of the squad.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

I hope we have all the most significant business done by the time they go to Scotland.

I don't think signing Norwood, despite his ability ,a couple of days prior to last season did anything for the mood and dynamics of the squad.

I can see our most significant signing being late in the day it usually is as early doors in pre-season the available players are demanding bigger wages they start to come down as the season starts. Infact I would be surprised if we do all our business before the opening fixture I wouldn't be surprised if it takes us to September before we get the squad "right" so to speak. Which is not ideal but if we have to wait then so be it.

We will get a few in before we go to Scotland so we will have the majority of the squad ready to go by then. But it's more important we get the right signing rather than a player who signs for us just because he's available now.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

One signing by the end of June isn't screaming major revamp.

The idea that Reid has the summer off, comes back and trains with the first team but isn't considered for selection is ludicrous, should have been sorted long before now.

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The idea that Reid has the summer off, comes back and trains with the first team but isn't considered for selection is ludicrous, should have been sorted long before now.

I think they're just making up their plans as they go along. 

Just like last summer. 

3 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

The problem for me was that we'd had a decent pre season and had four forwards, who had either been signed or extended by the manager.

A lot of noses out of joint there.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

😂😂😂

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So how I'd read into that is that if Wigan do get the opportunity to sign a couple of strikers we have a chance of signing him by the looks of it on loan. If it's going to happen it will happen late in the day.

Shaun Maloney telling their local paper that Stones is going nowhere even if they sign two strikers. He's the only No9 on their books at the moment.

Still, we live in hope.