Transfer Rumours 24/25

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s the 1st of July. 

If we start with this squad- I agree. 

But we won’t- so I don’t. 

The man was clearly just rope-a-doping everyone last season, a new era of fast attacking football with big Dev Green providing the bullets for Joe Garner beckons.

Rumours of 3-4 in this week and 2 possibly leaving. You would imagine the main 2 we are trying to move are Willoughby and Reid, maybe Hogan. 

Providing Mellon/Reid can move on from whatever happened after Xmas Day, I’d be giving Reid another look. He’s a good player and will get goals. He’s always in good nick but he’s got himself into incredible condition during the off season. If we can’t shift him we may as well use him. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Rumours of 3-4 in this week and 2 possibly leaving. You would imagine the main 2 we are trying to move are Willoughby and Reid, maybe Hogan. 

Providing Mellon/Reid can move on from whatever happened after Xmas Day, I’d be giving Reid another look. He’s a good player and will get goals. He’s always in good nick bu he’s got himself into incrediblte condition during the off season. If we can’t shift him we may as well use him. 

I take he's been posting selfies on social media ?

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Really looking forward to seeing a significant change in playing style with much the same squad that he was making do with last season, bring it on.

You'd get amazing odds on Oldham Athletic signing no more than 1 player before the start of the season. Lump on.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

But we’ve seen none of that in his tenure with us, no picking young players. (Kofi got one game, and didn’t pick another youth all season) no playing with wingers. (He binned Tollit)  We didn’t dominate midfield. (He was limited here, but 6 signings in Jan and we only signed Conlon to rectify it).  He has changed formations - but it’s not made any difference to the out put. In fact it went worse the more he played around with it. We were doing fairly well with 352 then it got dumped. 

Im just adding some other opinions to the mix, Im sure sections of the Tranmere fanbase didnt like the style but I cant find any accounts of that, infact it seems mostly to the contrary.

I think thats a consequence of getting by with players he doesnt see as at the required standard. I include Tollit in there along with Sheron, Shelton, Willoughby, Nuttall and so its no surprise they have been focusing on getting those lads out of the club. If I put myself in his shoes I wouldnt be gambling throwing young lads in there with a bunch of players that cant support or get the best out of them. Conlon didnt rectify the midfield but Barnet home and Altrincham away he showed that fully fit he will boss the midfield IMO.

Time will tell. We will see from the 1 or 2 in today where we're heading anyway.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

On the contrary Adz, our manager knows what good looks like so how can anyone not be excited by that...

Exactly, hope you’ve got your ST! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

Im sure sections of the Tranmere fanbase didnt like the style but I cant find any accounts of that, infact it seems mostly to the contrary.

On the contrary. . what I read wasn’t disparaging they said it was effective. A lot of our fans want lovely football- I  go back to what I said. I don’t think he’s a manager who will get us playing like Williamson did with Gateshead. But he’s won nothing and Mellon has. . it’s just about winning ultimately- which is what I took from the stuff I read from tranmere fans. 

40 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

I think thats a consequence of getting by with players he doesnt see as at the required standard.

A lot of those players got us into a good position, disproving the point we weren’t good enough or we had to get by. He was given the 6 signings and they didn’t kick us on. 

Anyway- let’s see how we get on with more of his team. 

1 minute ago, aaronoafc said:

Is he decent? Mixed reactions on twitter I can’t say I know much about him

Quick, strong, chips in with assists and goals. Should be a good foil for Kitch.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kay signs

Think we will sign a couple more wide players it's an area we've been weak last season Green was out injured and Mellon didn't fancy Tollit much. 

While alot has been said about the centre of our midfield I think it's been the lack of width has actually been arguably a bigger concern certainly if we want to play a system with 4 at the back and midfielders on either flank. Hopefully this help solve it

Edited by GlossopLatic