Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Another player over 30, fits Mellon's MO 🙄

Seems like a solid signing, sounds like he's had injury issues which is a concern though 

28 next January according to Wikipedia.

6 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Seems like a solid signing, sounds like he's had injury issues which is a concern though 

Wrong. 27 actually. In his prime?

5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

He’s 27 and doesn't have a bad injury record. Played 33 league games last season and was ruled out of quite a few more because of 11 bookings. That's more of a concern than fitness.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Manny monthe rumoured to he signing tomorrow- never heard of him. Which is usually a good sign. 

Still got a year left at Northampton? - 30 in January and ex Tranmere for Eyresy which does fit the MM MO!

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You seen him play Mick? If so, any good? 

I remember him playing for Tranmere against us and being decent - 6' 4" left sided so fits the bill. Seems to have dropped off though having moved to Walsall and then Northampton but as we know MM knows what good looks like! 2 solid signings but not turning us into promotion contenders yet. Ball winner still needed and 2 or 3 more for the first 11.

• Thanks 1

I wonder if Monthe does sign they have got Hogan out the door. Seems odd to sign him if we can’t shift Hogan. 

Not really Hogan has been told he won't feature which says to me that Mellon doesn't fancy him, he was always going to be replaced as we need better.

I wonder if Monthe does sign they have got Hogan out the door. Seems odd to sign him if we can’t shift Hogan. 

Dont think that will matter…..Hogan has lost the captaincy and if he stays will be a squad player at best. If Monthe comes in he’ll go straight into the side, otherwise what’s the point?

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Not really Hogan has been told he won't feature which says to me that Mellon doesn't fancy him, he was always going to be replaced as we need better.

2 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Agreed on the need to bring in better and he’s left footed.

Just thinking of budget, can we carry 5 centre halves again with a few gaps still to fill. We’ll see. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Just thinking of budget, can we carry 5 centre halves again with a few gaps still to fill. We’ll see. 

It’s not ideal but I don’t think Hogan is the type to sit on his arse and if he’s not playing I reckon he’ll be gone pretty quick.

Nice to see Reid and Norwood both involved today, both have been rumoured by some to be on their way. Anyone else think the club should update the support on the Reid situation?, it's just weird.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Nice to see Reid and Norwood both involved today, both have been rumoured by some to be on their way. Anyone else think the club should update the support on the Reid situation?, it's just weird.

I think it’s pretty obvious Reid won’t play for us again.

22 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

34 games in L1 this season in a team that finished comfortably mid table will do for me. Proper unit and will provide good balance. 

22 of them from the bench. An interesting signing...