Transfer Rumours 24/25

Apparently Jeserum Uchegbulam played for Mossley before eventually being picked up by Chesterfield, anyone see him there? Think Monthe is a good signing, we hav e 3 good CBs at this level now, wonder if MM is sticking with 3 at the back?

3 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

Apparently Jeserum Uchegbulam played for Mossley before eventually being picked up by Chesterfield, anyone see him there? Think Monthe is a good signing, we hav e 3 good CBs at this level now, wonder if MM is sticking with 3 at the back?

3-4-3 anyone?

Just now, Dickie Down said:

Played very well against us at Rochdale.

Yes he did, if he signs 2 wingers and 2 full backs like the good old days. 

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So with Monthe in that pretty much sorts out our back 4 Kitch Monthe Raglan Ogle. That's probably lying a stronger defence than last season.

The fact we've attracted a player who played 2 divisions higher should also put to bed any ludicrous notions of the fact we are completely out of money.

Which no one said. 

The manager said it. 

But don’t the truth get in the way of a good story. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Which no one said. 

The manager said it. 

But don’t the truth get in the way of a good story. 

Mellon only said we needed to get rid of people to free up the budget. That was always going to be achievable, people just assumed we wouldn’t be able to shift players on which was never going to be the case. 

• Like 1

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Mellon only said we needed to get rid of people to free up the budget. That was always going to be achievable, people just assumed we wouldn’t be able to shift players on which was never going to be the case. 

No he didn’t. 

He went to great lengths to explain how difficult the summer would be because we would have so many under contract and you can’t just pay them up. Turns out - it’s pretty easy. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

I was never confident.  I am surprised clubs have taken them, especially the higher earners. What have other clubs seen that we haven't?

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No he didn’t. 

He went to great lengths to explain how difficult the summer would be because we would have so many under contract and you can’t just pay them up. Turns out - it’s pretty easy. 

. . and that the budget for next season was already partially spent. 

His words. Not mine. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

No he didn’t. 

That was always a message to the board of back me or I will walk. 

It was never going to be difficult to shift these players on. They came here with a reputation and they couldn’t afford 18 months out the game, no matter what money they have been earning.

It was made a far bigger issue than it ever needed to be. 

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

. . and that the budget for next season was already partially spent. 

His words. Not mine. 

If you have players under contract you could argue that the budget for any forthcoming season is always partially spent!

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

I was never confident.  I am surprised clubs have taken them, especially the higher earners. What have other clubs seen that we haven't?

They have all done okay or well at previous clubs, the reason we signed them. Other clubs will take a gamble.