Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I was never confident.  I am surprised clubs have taken them, especially the higher earners. What have other clubs seen that we haven't?

Let's not forget we could be paying some of their wages

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clearly would be difficult to move some of these players on. The fact we've managed it doesn't necessarily mean MM was lying to you, maybe he's just good at his job...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

That was always a message to the board of back me or I will walk. 

It was never going to be difficult to shift these players on. They came here with a reputation and they couldn’t afford 18 months out the game, no matter what money they have been earning.

It was made a far bigger issue than it ever needed to be. 

I don’t disagree with you, that’s probably exactly what it was. He was having a good old moan at the board. 

But when you put things out there with fans, don’t be surprised when some people might believe him. Fans didn’t create the impression of no money/budget trouble. Mellon did. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Clearly would be difficult to move some of these players on. The fact we've managed it doesn't necessarily mean MM was lying to you, maybe he's just good at his job...

Or maybe it was more smoke and mirrors rubbish from our Micky. Bit like when he reflected on what a good job he’d had done because he was worried we might get relegated after Flyde away. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just asked a Rochdale supporting friend about Uchegbulam, he didn't seem to think much of him. Said that he's good for about 15 minutes then runs out of steam. Can trouble defences but isn't consistent enough with the end product. Basically said that if we can get him fit enough to be effective throughout the game, he could be a decent player for the level but nothing to get excited about. 

They did a good job improving big Mike's fitness last season, so if we sign this lad, hopefully they can do the same. Won't be judging him until he's played for us for a while. 

5 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Halifax have agreed terms with a forward in our league. Rumour its Reid or Kurt. 

Someone on Facebook believes it's actually Hallam Hope?

:detectivegm0:

8 minutes ago, OAFC Blues said:

Just asked a Rochdale supporting friend about Uchegbulam, he didn't seem to think much of him. Said that he's good for about 15 minutes then runs out of steam. Can trouble defences but isn't consistent enough with the end product. Basically said that if we can get him fit enough to be effective throughout the game, he could be a decent player for the level but nothing to get excited about. 

They did a good job improving big Mike's fitness last season, so if we sign this lad, hopefully they can do the same. Won't be judging him until he's played for us for a while. 

Dale season ticket holder at work said similar. Not bothered about losing him and said his best performance for them was against us.

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Charsley confirmed 

I'm starting to think that MM knows what good looks like.

Some decent signings already, talk of a couple more to come. It's all about settling in and gelling as a squad but I am mildly optimistic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

I'm starting to think that MM knows what good looks like.

Some decent signings already, talk of a couple more to come. It's all about settling in and gelling as a squad but I am mildly optimistic.

Better get off here quick before it's drummed out of you !   😁

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JoeP said:

Hobson ahead of Raglan, I reckon..

The evidence from last season suggested he preferred Raglan but let's see what happens it could be they are both fighting for the same spot either way our defence could/should look stronger, and with 2 new midfielders in hopefully that department will be stronger too.

The squad is now starting to take shape. Think we will get atleast another 4 or 5 in before the season starts.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Could be 442. 

I think we will go 4 at the back Mellon moved away from 3-5-2 last season and was playing 4-2-3-1 quite abit. 

Although I expect us to play 2 or 3 different formations over the course of the season I thibk it's most likely we will be seeing 4-3-2-1 4-3-3 and 4-4-2. Horses for courses and dependent on opposition, availability and form.

• Like 1

Still a bit concerned that we're going for EFL players who will want decent money to drop down to the NL. Would like some younger players from our level and below who are on the way up with potential sell on value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Yep. And also a level of expectation management. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Still a bit concerned that we're going for EFL players who will want decent money to drop down to the NL. Would like some younger players from our level and below who are on the way up with potential sell on value.

jesurun uchegbulam is 23 and playing in the same league. 

3 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Kay is from this league. 

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

To be fair Mick, I don’t think Mellon would be given the time to build a young side who could develop together. The club/Mellon/fans want success asap,  not in 2/3 years time.