Transfer Rumours 24/25

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To be fair Mick, I don’t think Mellon would be given the time to build a young side who could develop together. The club/Mellon/fans want success asap,  not in 2/3 years time. 

I was thinking more of a mixture of the two which still might happen.

28 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

jesurun uchegbulam is 23 and playing in the same league. 

He hasn't signed yet! Thought he looked dangerous for Dale against us at Spotland but some Dale fans saying that was his best game! On the plus side he's another big lad and quick so along with Kay would be a big improvement hopefully.

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

He hasn't signed yet! Thought he looked dangerous for Dale against us at Spotland but some Dale fans saying that was his best game! On the plus side he's another big lad and quick so along with Kay would be a big improvement hopefully.

He has. No idea what he's like though. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Is 1 the Rochdale winger?

Any more leaving this week?

Not sure Aaron, apparently they are trying to ship a couple out still from the squad. Don’t be surprised if it goes a little quiet.

Couple of curve balls may happen, I think Hogans days are numbered and will go out on loan at some point.

Hopefully we can reach agreement with Wigan for Stones which may include losing Hudson but we are in talks.

Anyway, it’s all positive vibes, I don’t understand all the hysteria about no players arriving. There are hundreds of players out of contract.

Definitely 2 more on the way👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, andy_b_100 said:

Welcome Manny ...... if Jeserum Uchegbulam IS next in thats three players whos names will be mispronounced from the off 

Shades of the famous koweniki incident at Deepdale announcer made three unsuccessfull attempts  before resorting to " the bloody polish international " to loud cheers from the travelling tics 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

He has. No idea what he's like though. 

Hope they don't replace him with Hayes from Fleetwood but he's probably too small for MM. Seems to be getting a big side together which isn't the worst way to go in this league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

So, 4 new signings. None of them over 30. All of them in positions that needed strengthening. Not bad business so far

Forget all that, do you know if eyrsey is ok? He’s been very quiet this afternoon, I’m worried about him. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Forget all that, do you know if eyrsey is ok? He’s been very quiet this afternoon, I’m worried about him. 

Basking in the glow of these outstanding signings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I do wonder about some posters here.

Why are we signing players I've never heard of? We need marquee signings that'll demonstrate our ambition!

Why are we signing players who are clearly expensive big names? We need to wheel and deal and find rare diamonds!

Why are we signing 30-something players? We should be signing younger players we can develop and sell on!

Why are we signing youngsters with no experience? We need proven players with games under their belts to get out of this league!

Why are we signing journeymen who are dropping down the league? We should be signing ambitious, hungry young talent!

Why are we signing unproven non-league kids? We need people who've experience promotion and played at a higher level!

Why are we signing anyone at all? We should be bringin local talent through the youth teams!

Why are we signing players and gambling on long contracts? We should be able to get rid easily if they don't cut it!

Why are we signing players on short contracts? We need to tie them down so they don't leave us without compensation!

I'm unconvinced by MM, and like most here I don't know much about the players we're signing. But I'll give them a go. 

Feels like some posters would rather we fail, just so they could say I told you so.

Edited by Crusoe
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Why are we signing players I've never heard of? We need marquee signings that'll demonstrate our ambition!

Why are we signing players who are clearly expensive big names? We need to wheel and deal and find rare ndiamonds!

Why are we signing 30-something players? We should be signing younger players we can develop and sell on!

Why are we signing youngsters with no experience? We need proven players with games under their belts to get us out of this league!

Why are we signing journeymen who are dropping down the league? We should be signing ambitious, hungry young talent!

Why are we signing unproven non-league kids? We need people who've experience promotion and played at a higher level!

Why are we signing anyone at all? We should be bringin local talent through the youth teams!

Why are we signing players and gambling on long contracts? We should be able to get rid easily if they don't cut it!

Why are we signing players on short contracts? We need to tie them down so they don't leave us without compensation!

I'm unconvinced by MM, and like most here I don't know much about the players we're signing. But I'll give them a go. 

Feels like some posters would rather we fail, just so they could say I told you so.

Seems like MM is getting his own men in and we could end up being another Tranmere success story

15 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Why are we signing players who are clearly expensive big names? We need to wheel and deal and find rare diamonds!

Why are we signing youngsters with no experience? We need proven players with games under their belts to get out of this league!

Post office the summer 

Posted (edited)

After my Barry Owen parody act last night after some free flowing Bordeaux, I’m now naturally hesitant to give my lucid view on today’s dealings.

Let’s see. Hopefully they’re the solution to the age old conundrum of bringing success to OL1. 

Edited by GKing521
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Not sure Aaron, apparently they are trying to ship a couple out still from the squad. Don’t be surprised if it goes a little quiet.

Couple of curve balls may happen, I think Hogans days are numbered and will go out on loan at some point.

Hopefully we can reach agreement with Wigan for Stones which may include losing Hudson but we are in talks.

Anyway, it’s all positive vibes, I don’t understand all the hysteria about no players arriving. There are hundreds of players out of contract.

Definitely 2 more on the way👍

Stones would be some capture for us . I wonder if Wigan have been sniffing around Atherton as well as Hudson ?

Mansfield game was EFL 2 we lost 2-3