Transfer Rumours 24/25

Posted (edited)

Seem to remember Lang making a mockery of Monthe. Don't think he handled the mighty Chris O'Grady with ease either.

That being said, we're now at a level where the word 'Barnet' strike fear. So, he'll probably do alright.

Edited by GKing521

7 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Seem to remember Lang making a mockery of Monthe. Don't think he handled the mighty Chris O'Grady with ease either.

That being said, we're now at a level where the word 'Barnet' strike fear. So, he'll probably do alright.

Yep, reality has to kick in sooner or later.  Lang is now a Championship player.  We are where we are

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve seen that which conflicts what I had read earlier.

If Rochdale are willing to let him go and we are prepared to pay a small fee you would have to be a little concerned?

50 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

jesrun under contract till 25

I doubt we've ever had a player who started his career at AC Milan before.  Although Genarro Gattuso wouldn't have been a bad shout!

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I doubt we've ever had a player who started his career at AC Milan before.  Although Genarro Gattuso wouldn't have been a bad shout!

Lanzoni was at Sampdoria. 

25 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Rochdale are willing to let him go and we are prepared to pay a small fee you would have to be a little concerned?

You can't really ask for much more than a winger with career goal ratio of 0.04

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I hope im wrong but he looks like a downgrade on Green in almost every way

Something must be showing up on the stats to show Jesrun to be good. Rochdale played a lot of boring sidewards backwards football passing it about. Maybe they didn’t play to his strengths. 

hopefully he comes here and is the missing piece what we need on the wings. We severely lacked paced last year, we were slow and struggled to get the ball forward.

41 minutes ago, LaticsEddie said:

I hope im wrong but he looks like a downgrade on Green in almost every way

If that were true then we wouldn’t be interested in signing him, surely?

With regards to our transfer business over the last 12 to 18 month I find it weird we've gone to a number of clubs and picked up players no better than average when the majority have alternatives playing in the same positions many of us would rather take, I'll give examples;

Lundstrum who played with Conn-Clarke

Ward who played with Olley

Kay who played alongside Haughton

Latest we are linked with is Uchegbulam who played alongside Sinclair.

It's like we send scouts out to games and they can't even spot the obvious, we are shopping in Pound Bakery when we should be buying from Greggs, I'd guarantee if we had the latter of the four examples I've mentioned we'd be up by February. 

Not saying the man who knows what good looks like is wrong or questioning Unsworths undoubted eye for a player for that matter but I find it particularly strange we keep going in for players who aren't even the best at the club we are buying from in their chosen position, it's a recurring theme.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With regards to our transfer business over the last 12 to 18 month I find it weird we've gone to a number of clubs and picked up players no better than average when the majority have alternatives playing in the same positions many of us would rather take, I'll give examples;

It's like we send scouts out to games and they can't even spot the obvious, we are shopping in Pound Bakery when we should be buying from Greggs, I'd guarantee if we had the latter of the four examples I've mentioned we'd be up by February. 

Not saying the man who knows what good looks like is wrong or questioning Unsworths undoubted eye for a player for that matter but I find it particularly strange we keep going in for players who aren't even the best at the club we are buying from in their chosen position, it's a recurring theme.

It's the BP fallacy though - we can't just sign the best player from every team we play, that's not how football works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

It's the BP fallacy though - we can't just sign the best player from every team we play, that's not how football works.

All you can do is recommend them, its up to the manager at the time to sign who he thinks fit. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Playing devil's advocate - in each of those examples:

Was the better player available?

Could we afford them?

Did they want to join us?

Just because there are better players, doesn't mean we get free choice.

• Like 1