Transfer Rumours 24/25

57 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Agree with this. Things were also a bit different when Green played. I did the analysis before and with Green in the side our PPG would have got us into the playoffs, our awful run at the end of the season coincided with his unavailability.

Causation/Correlation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

My take on the difference is last season we had limited threat if the opposition got on to Kitchen early as there was little creativity other than him. On the opposite side Hobson always had an eye on where Sutton was so he could cover and we had little respits as we had no player who could hold the ball. Then Stones arrived and did all the running for Norwood and we looked decent going forward ..... Midfield we had Mcgehey as a holding midfielder and the others interchanged with little or no effect for the majority of the games. We were one dimensional going forward with little width and weak at both full backs. Gardner created a little from midfield but again we lacked width and forward runners from midfield. 

Those issues look to have been addressed and quite well, therefore as a team we improve even of its by three to five points then thats the playoffs 

top post 👍🏻

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Definitely. 

Reading about Kay or Charsley they don’t strike me as bullies, and we know Lundy, Conlon, and Mr Biscuit certainly aren’t.  I do worry that we’ll get out battled in the middle of the park as things stand. 

Dno about Kay, bully maybe not but far from pushover. A physical player, got a sh*tshouse streak in him and gets stuck in- hence the disciplinary record

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

It’s the hope that kills you. . 

I’m just not investing either way, and trying to be objective. Which is easy when there’s no games. 😂

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

It's a carry over from last season - there always seemed to be hope...

.... until we actually played. 

I still shudder when I look back to our opening game of last season... Southend in disarray, 700+ had made the long trip down, this was going to be the season... and then we crossed the white line and it all went Pete Tong 😱

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I still shudder when I look back to our opening game of last season... Southend in disarray, 700+ had made the long trip down, this was going to be the season... and then we crossed the white line and it all went Pete Tong 😱

I think that was the Nadir of Unsworth’s Reign. Thanks for the reminder. 😂

1 hour ago, LaticsEddie said:

Dno about Kay, bully maybe not but far from pushover. A physical player, got a sh*tshouse streak in him and gets stuck in- hence the disciplinary record

l love his disciplinary record, looking forward to see him play

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Looks like we’ve brought in potential rather than the finished article?

Dale fans are hardly complementary and generally glad to get shut of him.

Uchegbulam gone to Oldham? on 15:31 - Jul 3 with 1670

Views

Great result.

999Dale

Uchegbulam gone to Oldham? on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 1660

Views

We'll have done well to offload him if so. Surely far more productive/reliable options out there this summer.

Uchegbulam gone to Oldham? on 16:08 - Jul 3 with 1491 views

Confirmed on our O/S.

https://rochdaleafc.co.uk/uche

Kingstdale

16:10 - Jul 3 by NorthernDale

wonder, if we got a fee for him?

If so, remarkable piece of business since getting a fee for gorgeous George Donnelly.

Uchegbulam gone to Oldham? on 16:54 - Jul 3 with 1203

Views

Great news!

He can be replaced by a proper footballer.

Certainly a project. There is potential there but his end product really will need to improve. 

If the ball is played to feet he often takes 3/4 times to beat his man and the impetus is lost or he loses the ball. He will be best used with balls in behind, taking a touch and getting it in the box IMO.

Delivery isnt often aimed and lumps in the box, contributing to the low assists and success rate of his crosses.

I can imagine he will be really dangerous off the bench against tiring defenders but I expect another winger to come in to be in the XI.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Gavin Massey & Charlie Kirk 👍

Massey's quite versatile. Played most of last season at right wing back for Vale, but can play in a more forward role. Scored against us in that 0-6 hammering by Wigan.

Kirk definitely looks worth a look too. Moved to Charlton for big money after leaving Crewe. Left winger (but right footed!), roams and takes on defenders with a good cross on him. Set up Crewe's equaliser and scored a last minute winner against us just before Covid hit in 2020. Highlights below:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Port Vale fans do not like Gavin Massey not rated and glad he has left the club.

Mind you that was read on there forum I always wonder what people from other clubs think when they read some of the stuff on here after  we have a rant about some of our players.

1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

Kirk would be a no-brainer for me, if his head is in it.

I can't see him dropping down personally.

Then why would he be here?

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Quite. 

You don’t turn up if you don’t want a deal. 

We had one a few years ago, played one trial game then signed for a Premiership club. 

Agents hawk them around several clubs for the best deal. 

• Like 1

Kirk could potentially be a huge signing, seems to have lost his way a little bit the last season or two but he should be entering his prime now, operated at a much better level he would be a strong addition to the group, I suspect Mellon wants to have a look at him as his appearances recently poses a question or two but he'd be a major upgrade on anything we've had wide left in some time. Not seen much of him since the League 1 days and surprised he's not kicked on.