Transfer Rumours 24/25

On 7/4/2024 at 12:58 PM, L1onheartNew said:

Shoot! Was brilliant!

It was great wasn't it. I've still got the very first copy from 1969 somewhere, wonder what it's worth lol.

They had a bit of a scoop when Best retired from playing for United, as he, Bobby Moore and Alan Ball were the 3 guest "writers" back then. I seem to remember Best's explanation for retirement may have been accompanied by a photo of Susan George draped across him on a sunny beach in Marbella, though that may have been another occasion!

55 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I seem to remember Best's explanation for retirement may have been accompanied by a photo of Susan George draped across him on a sunny beach in Marbella, though that may have been another occasion!

Was probably another magazine as well 😄

• Like 1

On 7/5/2024 at 9:06 AM, kev1970 said:

The Port Vale fans do not like Gavin Massey not rated and glad he has left the club.

Mind you that was read on there forum I always wonder what people from other clubs think when they read some of the stuff on here after  we have a rant about some of our players.

Spent pretty much his whole career playing regularly in League One / Championship. I think he'll be fine at our level... 

On 7/1/2024 at 8:01 PM, yarddog73 said:

Nice to see Reid and Norwood both involved today, both have been rumoured by some to be on their way. Anyone else think the club should update the support on the Reid situation?, it's just weird.

You've got to hand it to Reid, if he is back in the fold.

Think too much was made out of the Christmas Day thing personally and he's been ostracised because of it and "other things" that have apparently happened.

FWIW, he has never really seemed to give off a bad attitude vibe on the face of it and if he's someone who's learnt his lesson and has fought his was back from the cold with the way he's conducted himself since, that has to be respected and would be good example to have in the squad.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

You've got to hand it to Reid, if he is back in the fold.

Think too much was made out of the Christmas Day thing personally and he's been ostracised because of it and "other things" that have apparently happened.

FWIW, he has never really seemed to give off a bad attitude vibe on the face of it and if he's someone who's learnt his lesson and has fought his was back from the cold with the way he's conducted himself since, that has to be respected and would be good example to have in the squad.

If Reid is back in the team. That’s our four strikers then ? - Norwood, Garner, Fondop and Reid. 

Shame we have Garner for another year at his age to be honest. 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

If Reid is back in the team. That’s our four strikers then ? - Norwood, Garner, Fondop and Reid. 

Shame we have Garner for another year at his age to be honest. 

I think getting Garner was poor business tbh. The money would have been better used elsewhere.

For the money he’ll probably be on he needs to be a starter but he won’t start many this season I’m sure!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

35 minutes ago, latics22 said:

If Reid’s back in the team u have to question why he didn’t play late last season ..

I said at the time that it was a total overreaction by MM - a quiet word/small fine and warning would have been enough.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I said at the time that it was a total overreaction by MM - a quiet word/small fine and warning would have been enough.

I agree. 

What would be immense is if Alex Reid got something out of this whole thing and Mellon let it be known that he's not playing games...

28 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

But apparently it wasn’t the first time and he’d been warned previously!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I think getting Garner was poor business tbh. The money would have been better used elsewhere.

For the money he’ll probably be on he needs to be a starter but he won’t start many this season I’m sure!

I think at this level he's a good option to have as back up/off the bench. Even at 36, I reckon he's still a capable goal scorer and can chip in with enough to make him worthwhile having. 

Along with Norwood not being a spring chicken we need to minimize the amount of running they need to do. We need a midfield with industry and creativity so the likes of Norwood and Garner can focus on putting chances away. 

7 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

He won’t ever play under Mellon and they apparently desperate to offload him.

If they were that desperate they would settle his contract surely?

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

If they were that desperate they would settle his contract surely?

That comes right out of the playing budget so that’s not a great option👍

44 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Why?…..that money is already committed for the season whether he plays or not.

You have to pay him so what’s the difference? Ideally, finding him another club to contribute to his salary  would be the best way forward but it seems that’s proving difficult.

He’s been on the transfer list effectively since January…..Perhaps other clubs are aware of his misgivings? Either way, It can’t be beneficial having him in and around the other players can it?

57 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

If that's the case and I've no reason to disbelieve you given you are normally pretty accurate, why is he being allowed to train with the first team, makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If that's the case and I've no reason to disbelieve you given you are normally pretty accurate, why is he being allowed to train with the first team, makes no sense whatsoever. 

He certainly looks happy enough on the photos and I hope that he is here next season - MM talks about making individuals into better players - Reid has all the attributes to be a real handful on the pitch.

43 minutes ago, League one forever said:

If Reid is still out of favour, Nors injuried, and we’re trying to offload Kurt.

We only have Mikey and Garner. . . 

Need another Striker. 

Josh Stones.

(cough)

• Like 1