Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If that's the case and I've no reason to disbelieve you given you are normally pretty accurate, why is he being allowed to train with the first team, makes no sense whatsoever. 

The club appear to be handling him in a very professional way.

I can’t really comment much more but now his mate Shelton has gone he will be next.👍

22 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

If Reid is back in the team. That’s our four strikers then ? - Norwood, Garner, Fondop and Reid. 

Shame we have Garner for another year at his age to be honest. 

Garner will get 15 plus goals next season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Can anyone clarify if there is any truth to the rumours of an injury to Norwood?

I’ve heard it’s pretty reliable. Can see a loan to cover him and/or the Josh Stones deal gets pushed over the line.

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

The club appear to be handling him in a very professional way.

I can’t really comment much more but now his mate Shelton has gone he will be next.👍

I thought his mate was Kitching?

10 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Why?…..that money is already committed for the season whether he plays or not.

You have to pay him so what’s the difference? Ideally, finding him another club to contribute to his salary  would be the best way forward but it seems that’s proving difficult.

He’s been on the transfer list effectively since January…..Perhaps other clubs are aware of his misgivings? Either way, It can’t be beneficial having him in and around the other players can it?

Because say he's on 50k and you pay that up, you then budget 50k to replace e him so you've spent 100k

Alternatively you get someone else to take him and save paying him off then you have his salary to pay someone else.

Not rocket science and makes the "pay them all off" argument a ridiculous one

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Because say he's on 50k and you pay that up, you then budget 50k to replace e him so you've spent 100k

Alternatively you get someone else to take him and save paying him off then you have his salary to pay someone else.

Not rocket science and makes the "pay them all off" argument a ridiculous one

Who said pay em all off?

I said ideally finding him a club would the best outcome

Who says we’ll replace him?

We’ve got Willoughby, Garner, Fondop & Norwood + Stones coming in on loan hopefully.

And no…it ain’t rocket science!

I work with a few wigan fans, they seem to think Stones will be one of their main forwards unless something majorly changes in this transfer window. Apparently they have missed out on quite a few targets already. 

Any of the trialists gone up to Scotland? I imagine we would only take the one(s) we are fairly sure we want to sign. 

Would be good to hear about Garner and Norwood, both apparently injured already…

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Any of the trialists gone up to Scotland? I imagine we would only take the one(s) we are fairly sure we want to sign. 

Would be good to hear about Garner and Norwood, both apparently injured already…

It's hardly surprising the two fellas into their thirties that are here for their last pay day are claiming injury the week of the most intensive pre season training.

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Agreed. It would be nice to be updated - it’s preseason so not giving anything away to any opposition.

1 hour ago, LaticsLegend said:

It's hardly surprising the two fellas into their thirties that are here for their last pay day are claiming injury the week of the most intensive pre season training.

Oh behave yourself. Heard it all now claiming that players are pretending to be injured. 

Just now, daniel said:

Oh behave yourself. Heard it all now claiming that players are pretending to be injured. 

Would you put it past Norwood? He's here for money and has chosen to toss it off on plenty of occasions since he's been here.

Look at the physical state of him at the back end of last season. Seen smaller bellies in the pie queue at half time.

6 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Would you put it past Norwood? He's here for money and has chosen to toss it off on plenty of occasions since he's been here.

Look at the physical state of him at the back end of last season. Seen smaller bellies in the pie queue at half time.

I really don’t understand it. We’ve got the best striker we’ve had in a long long time and one who is more than capable of scoring the goals to get us out of this division yet you, and one or two others, seem hell bent on putting him down at every opportunity. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Don’t think we will find out re trialists until Saturday at Stockport. Compared to previous times, social team do well in covering them up after years of guess the trialist.

Only ones rumoured are Charlie Kirk and Gavin Massey so would be the two I’d look out for.

48 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

I’ve literally heard it all now.
Yes, I would 100% state that our top goalscorer from last season who has been a professional footballer for 15+ years would not fake an injury because he simply couldn’t be arsed playing. He played with niggles last season, and missed 6 weeks with a hamstring injury, which will have been scanned and cannot be faked. If it’s a 3 month injury layoff as suggested on here and other outlets then again that is impossible to fake as he’d have had scans etc. 

Yet another example of our fans talking utter drivel. No wonder he doesn’t smile ffs! 

• Like 4

Some accusation, to accuse two senior pros of faking injury to get out of pre season training..

Last season went completely tits-up, we all know that, but let’s not start ratting players out and assigning people to the ‘boo-boy’ role before a pre-season game has been played, eh?

• Like 1

Players do feign injury, it happens from the PL down, you get it in every walk of life particularly when the going gets tough and footballers are no different.

Not suggesting these two are, my gripe is someone in their mid thirties would be more susceptible to injury than a younger twenty something, if the average age of the squad is knocking on 30 we will get our fair share that's for sure. Problem with Garner and Norwood now is they will likely be playing catch up given they will be missing quite an important phase of preseason. 

9 hours ago, daniel said:

I’ve literally heard it all now.
Yes, I would 100% state that our top goalscorer from last season who has been a professional footballer for 15+ years would not fake an injury because he simply couldn’t be arsed playing. He played with niggles last season, and missed 6 weeks with a hamstring injury, which will have been scanned and cannot be faked. If it’s a 3 month injury layoff as suggested on here and other outlets then again that is impossible to fake as he’d have had scans etc. 

Yet another example of our fans talking utter drivel. No wonder he doesn’t smile ffs! 

It is easy as an amateur footballer who would have loved to play for Oldham, to think professional players would love to play/die to play for their present professional team. The truth is some get tired of the hard work to get fit, the commitment of nearly every day being controlled by going to training for a team they have no attachment to. Those players dread this time of year and this is mainly an issue with older players.