Transfer Rumours 24/25

11 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Would you put it past Norwood? He's here for money and has chosen to toss it off on plenty of occasions since he's been here.

Look at the physical state of him at the back end of last season. Seen smaller bellies in the pie queue at half time.

It’s like fans really don’t want quality strikers. The hate since he has arrived is ridiculous, abit like this post. I couldn’t care less if he celebrated, he could stick two fingers up at us every game if he finished top scorer for me. More seem chuffed about Fondop because he does social media and tries hard. 

Edited by adamoafc
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Problem with Garner and Norwood now is they will likely be playing catch up given they will be missing quite an important phase of preseason. 

This could be a big problem. Plenty on here saying Conlon should be better this year after a full pre-season.

Ah the Norwood hating has started already. We really do try our best as a fan base to fuck ourselves over. 

Can’t wait for Norwood to leave and those same people say we need a proven goalscorer. Can’t fucking win. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Ah the Norwood hating has started already. We really do try our best as a fan base to fuck ourselves over. 

Can’t wait for Norwood to leave and those same people say we need a proven goalscorer. Can’t fucking win. 

I keep being told every club has them, but I'm willing to wager that we'd be near the top of the pound for pound bellend fans ratio table.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I keep being told every club has them, but I'm willing to wager that we'd be near the top of the pound for pound bellend fans ratio table.

It’s starting to become really irritating. We won’t move on unless as a collective of fans, we change our mindset. People are already eager for Mellon to lose a couple of games at the start of the season. It is sad to be honest. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Did anyone see his tweet about Harry Kane? And the best thing was that it was seemingly posted with no hint of irony either...

Just read it, dear me that's some lack of self awareness right there.

I really thought this would be a big season for Norwood given our midfield signings but this injury may well hold him and us back.

2 hours ago, adamoafc said:

It’s like fans really don’t want quality strikers. The hate since he has arrived is ridiculous, abit like this post. I couldn’t care less if he celebrated, he could stick two fingers up at us every game if he finished top scorer for me. More seem chuffed about Fondop because he does social media and tries hard. 

Absolute nonsense Ad. 

For 1000th time. No one has ever questioned his ability.  

For the record. I think this injury thing is complete bollocks and he is actually-  just injured.

But he doesn’t always try, his level against Chestefield at home is what he’s capable of, yet we only see it when he can be arsed- which isn’t very often.  17 goals last season was an average return for someone of his ability and maybe if he contributed more to the team his goal ratio would go up. This idea that he is untouchable because his previous record and ability is ridiculous. Then add in the numerous whispers about his off field conduct and you start to get a picture of player that is a bully big bollocks who is bigger than the team. If he showed some humility and did his job more, he’d the player we all know he can be more often. 

And yes- people do like Mikey because he tries, and god forbid he actually gives the impression he enjoys playing for the club. How disgusting. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

The amount of fans that want quality players and don’t give a fuck about their conduct, attitude, or professionalism just because their quality is utterly bizarre. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolute nonsense Ad. 

For the record. I think this injury thing is complete bollocks and he is actually-  just injured.

But he doesn’t always try, his level against Chestefield at home is what he’s capable of, yet we only see it when he can be arsed- which isn’t very often.  17 goals last season was an average return for someone of his ability and maybe if he contributed more to the team his goal ratio would go up. This idea that he is untouchable because his previous record and ability is ridiculous. Then add in the numerous whispers about his off field conduct and you start to get a picture of player that is a bully big bollocks who is bigger than the team. If he showed some humility and did his job more, he’d the player we all know he can be more often. 

And yes- people do like Mikey because he tries, and god forbid he actually gives the impression he enjoys playing for the club. How disgusting. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️

The amount of fans that want quality players and don’t give a fuck about their conduct, attitude, or professionalism just because their quality is utterly bizarre. 

I agree with pretty much every word. Just off for a lie down...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Oh and Fondop had better MPG ratio than Norwood, but that doesn’t suit the narrative does it. . . 

You arnt suggesting Fondop is better than Norwood. Are you ? 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You arnt suggesting Fondop is better than Norwood. Are you ? 

Not at all. 

Im suggesting that an average player had a better MPG than a much better player. 

One is doing more with Less

One is doing less with more. 

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But he <Norwood> doesn’t always try, his level against Chesterfield at home is what he’s capable of, yet we only see it when he can be arsed- which isn’t very often.  17 goals last season was an average return for someone of his ability and maybe if he contributed more to the team his goal ratio would go up. This idea that he is untouchable because his previous record and ability is ridiculous.

That’s why, for me anyway, it’s frustrating that he has picked up an injury. With potentially better players to support him, we should see the best of Norwood this season.

And what’s even more frustrating is that the club has provided no update on whether it’s a serious injury or just a niggle.

It all just adds to the rumours.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do we know if Norwood and Garner are even injured nevermind the bizarre theory that they would fake an injury to Jack it off. 

Think it's important to deal with actuals rather than rumour and innuendo.

No we don’t, but it’s clear that along with Garner he doesn’t appear to be at the training camp!

We have almost daily bulletins from the club but no mention of any injuries.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to keep the fans informed as to why our main goal scorer is not in attendance!!

Info coming out of the club regarding injuries, suspensions, illness etc.etc. has been non existent for a while now and it needs to change.

I’d rather the important issues are dealt with rather than the ‘Where is St Andrew’s’ & the ‘What’s Scotland most famous for’ bollocks!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

No we don’t, but it’s clear that along with Garner he doesn’t appear to be at the training camp!

We have almost daily bulletins from the club but no mention of any injuries.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to keep the fans informed as to why our main goal scorer is not in attendance!!

Info coming out of the club regarding injuries, suspensions, illness etc.etc. has been non existent for a while now and it needs to change.

I’d rather the important issues are dealt with rather than the ‘Where is St Andrew’s’ & the ‘What’s Scotland most famous for’ bollocks!!

The where is St Andrews stuff is fine, it is just abit of a gimmick and shouldn't be taken too seriously probably just designed to show that players are a normal group of lads who just happen to play football.

Their could be all kinds of reasons for them not appearing there so I wouldn't rush to draw any conclusions just yet.

21 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their could be all kinds of reasons for them not appearing

Correct, but surely letting the fans in on the secret isn’t too much to ask!

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

That’s why, for me anyway, it’s frustrating that he has picked up an injury. With potentially better players to support him, we should see the best of Norwood this season.

And what’s even more frustrating is that the club has provided no update on whether it’s a serious injury or just a niggle.

It all just adds to the rumours.

Personally I'm glad our club ignores all this social media innuendos and crap. Remember when back page of the chronicle was our info source. No speculation and toxic comments that seem to drive everybody these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Absolute nonsense Ad. 

Have to disagree, especially with the points about his 17 goal return not being that good. Despite our leading assists last season (Green, who missed half the season injured) finishing on 4 assists. When the quality was that bad around him it’s hardly a surprise he gave up. Not sure anyone could blame him.  

6 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Have to disagree, especially with the points about his 17 goal return not being that good. Despite our leading assists last season (Green, who missed half the season injured) finishing on 4 assists. When the quality was that bad around him it’s hardly a surprise he gave up. Not sure anyone could blame him.  

You'd think someone with an ego as large as his would keep their own standards high.

Unfortunately, for us anyway, he seems to combine a toxic mix of arrogance and indifference.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

When the quality was that bad around him it’s hardly a surprise he gave up. Not sure anyone could blame him.  

🤯

So he did give up, but that’s not his fault. .

You’re actually admitting that because he’s good and the others aren’t - he can be excused for not trying!! Nor does he need to take any responsibility for his own performance. 

Well, I’ll tell you what-  don’t bother joining and taking money Barnsley won’t offer two division higher if you’re just going to give up. 

A lot on here can’t believe we don’t like top players. No.  What I don’t like is top players who don’t have to try, are excused from any personal responsibility of performance, and lauded for past achievements not what they do for us. 

I like top players who are the difference between winning and losing, I like top players who lead by example, I like top players to show a level of consistency that is beyond the average player. 

This is hilarious with Norwood now. 

Conlon and Raglan don’t get the same absolute free pass he does. Both have played at the same level he has, both are judged on their performances regardless of who is in the team. 

But our James is being disrespected or picked out unfairly to the point where it’s understandable if he gives up. 😂

• Like 1