Transfer Rumours 24/25

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This is hilarious with Norwood now. 

Conlon and Raglan don’t get the same absolute free pass he does. Both have played at the same level he has, both are judged on their performances regardless of who is in the team. 

But our James is being disrespected or picked out unfairly to the point where it’s understandable if he gives up. 😂

He doesn’t given up though, you have just made up/come to the conclusion he does. 

He needs service, you give it him he scores. Like he has done all his career.

• Like 3

Just now, LightDN123 said:

He doesn’t given up though, you have just made up/come to the conclusion he does. 

Unfortunately not mate. Adam (who like you, thinks he’s above reproach/criticism) on the previous page readily acknowledges he gives up and he can’t blamed. 

Hard to know where to go, when your top earner is excused from trying. 

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Personally I'm glad our club ignores all this social media innuendos and crap. Remember when back page of the chronicle was our info source. No speculation and toxic comments that seem to drive everybody these days.

The front page of The Oldham Times (out Thursday) contains the following:

’Latics double injury setback’

😮

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Unfortunately not mate. Adam (who like you, thinks he’s above reproach/criticism) on the previous page readily acknowledges he gives up and he can’t blamed. 

Hard to know where to go, when your top earner is excused from trying. 

Never said he had given up or if I did hadn’t intended to write it that way. If he did give up it’s hardly a surprise given what was behind him was my point. 

Was brought back far too early after his injury. Never got fit after we rushed him back. You could see it in his performances. 

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

The front page of The Oldham Times (out Thursday) contains the following:

’Latics double injury setback’

😮

Where have you seen that…?

5 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Never said he had given up or if I did hadn’t intended to write it that way. If he did give up it’s hardly a surprise given what was behind him was my point. 

Was brought back far too early after his injury. Never got fit after we rushed him back. You could see it in his performances. 

Was rushed back when Garner and Mikey were forming a very fruitful partnership doesn’t stack up. 

If he sulks and doesn’t try it’s understandable. 

If he plays poorly- it’s because of other players. 

If he’s not at it- it’s because he isn’t fit. 

When we signed him, I went on the Barnsley and Tranmere forums and the majority loved him- not only for his goals. But his workrate. A lot said he was a beast, and horrible to play against because he doesn’t give defenders a moments peace. I saw that performance once- against Chesterfield, he was absolutely superb that day. He has shown his obvious quality in patches or moments. But as our top earner I’d like more than one brilliant 90 minute performance a season. 

24 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

On Twitter:

So it seems the rumours are true on that one hopefully it won't be for too long and we don't rush them back I'd rather lose them for a couple of extra days/weeks in August/September than for them to be carrying a knock for the rest of the season.

This is why you have squad so it's going to be someonelses turn to start the season, I still believe one of the new signings will be a forward.

Anyway any further transfer rumours I'm guessing we won't hear much this week with the management team up in Scotland.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Norwood potentially being out for months could be a disaster, whether he cba or not. 

If it is 3 months you’re probably realistically looking at the back end of 2024 before he’s fit and ready to go. That would leave us with:

Reid who is decent but still not fancied (apparently)

Kurt who is crap.

Garner who is also injured and is 36.  
Fondop who on his day is alright but you never know what you will get. 

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is there any actual evidence or rumours from those who know players or club officials for Norwood “not trying” or “giving up”?

Is there fuck, because it’s nonsense!

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Norwood potentially being out for months could be a disaster, whether he cba or not. 

If it is 3 months you’re probably realistically looking at the back end of 2024 before he’s fit and ready to go. That would leave us with:

Reid who is decent but still not fancied (apparently)

Kurt who is crap.

Garner who is also injured and is 36.  
Fondop who on his day is alright but you never know what you will get. 

Reid and Kurt will go and we will bring in atleast 1 striker. I'm also expecting us to bring in another wide man/number 10 who might be able to be a goal threat let's see what happens.

37 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is there any actual evidence or rumours from those who know players or club officials for Norwood “not trying” or “giving up”?

24 minutes ago, daniel said:

Is there fuck, because it’s nonsense!

You don’t rumours to watch a player, as our Micky says. I watch with my eyes. 

His chesterfield performance was unlike anything else. 

So he either he can only produce one 90 minute performance a season, or he isn’t performing to the best of his ability. But apparently that’s not his responsibility, so I wouldn’t worry he can do what he wants. 

Reids a show pony he has had one 16 league goal season 4 years ago , apart from that has never hit double figures in a league season in nine attempts. Should not be anywhere near our first eleven , We need to get rid .

4 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Reids a show pony he has had one 16 league goal season 4 years ago , apart from that has never hit double figures in a league season in nine attempts. Should not be anywhere near our first eleven , We need to get rid .

Didn’t realise that was his stats. .