Transfer Rumours 24/25

13 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Is there any actual evidence or rumours from those who know players or club officials for Norwood “not trying” or “giving up”?

See that’s the fun of a fans forum. If I told you “yes”, you wouldn’t believe it.

You would continue to believe what you want to believe. That’s the way it works.

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

You don’t rumours to watch a player, as our Micky says. I watch with my eyes. 

His chesterfield performance was unlike anything else. 

So he either he can only produce one 90 minute performance a season, or he isn’t performing to the best of his ability. But apparently that’s not his responsibility, so I wouldn’t worry he can do what he wants. 

So are you saying the same about Dallas then ? 

What about Gardner ? A lot of players had the best game on that day. Did they all give up ? 

Or was Norwood better because Dallas his strike partner showed up that game ? Just like Norwood looked miles better with Stones next to him ? 

You just say anything to suit your narrative that Norwood is not good. Go look at his goal scoring stats 👌

8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You just say anything to suit your narrative that Norwood is not good. Go look at his goal scoring stats 👌

. . and you don’t read what people type because it doesn’t suit your narrative. Never questioned if he’s ‘good’ I’ve also said I am well aware of past achievements- which is what he’s living off. On his day- the best player on the pitch. However his day isn’t frequent enough for a player of his ability. Nor should his performance be solely judged by who is playing with him. IE - is it Norwood fault that Dallas has an awful first touch? Of course not. 

We’ll never agree- and that’s fine. 👍🏻

You think he’s untouchable.

I want more from him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pidge said:

See that’s the fun of a fans forum. If I told you “yes”, you wouldn’t believe it.

You would continue to believe what you want to believe. That’s the way it works.

I think it's one of the problems of social media. People believe stuff to be true based on no evidence other than what they see or often what someone else says they saw, they then write it down on the internet and it spreads as "fact" because when something is written down it suddenly looks more believable. Which then culminates in the sort of disgraceful abuse that Norwood got at Oxford away.

For what it's worth with Norwood, what I see is someone who was regularly chasing balls and making runs and berating his teammates for not being better. So I think he tries and he is bothered. But I don't know for sure obviously, so I wouldn't be trying to pass off my opinion as cast iron fact.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Way to big for it to be him

Certainly looks more like Cisse and at 33 just the right age for MM! In fairness played well against us for Ebbsfleet but would prefer younger than that.

8 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Certainly looks more like Cisse and at 33 just the right age for MM! In fairness played well against us for Ebbsfleet but would prefer younger than that.

Don’t want Cisse anywhere near BP!😂

48 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

People believe stuff to be true based on no evidence other than what they see or

This is a football forum. 

You, me and everybody else does this all the time. 

If I don’t rate someone or like something it’s based off what I see and read. If you like a player it’s based off what you see or read. Neither are fact, they’re a difference of opinion. 

We also do it in many aspects of life- the way we vote is based on what we see and read and we form an opinion. Is it that opinion factual? No, of course not. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This is a football forum. 

You, me and everybody else does this all the time. 

If I don’t rate someone or like something it’s based off what I see and read. If you like a player it’s based off what you see or read. Neither are fact, they’re a difference of opinion. 

We also do it in many aspects of life- the way we vote is based on what we see and read and we form an opinion. Is it that opinion factual? No, of course not. 

There's a difference though, there are facts we base your opinions on with football or voting (goals scored, how often out injured, number of children living in poverty). And there are opinions based on stuff other than facts. My issue is when those opinions get passed off as if they are based on facts.

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

There's a difference though, there are facts we base your opinions on with football or voting (goals scored, how often out injured, number of children living in poverty). And there are opinions based on stuff other than facts. My issue is when those opinions get passed off as if they are based on facts.

Poverty is relative - some kids don't have Sky...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Jordy Hiwula on trial up in Scotland. Prolific….

He was one of the most outstanding youths at Manchester City and played for England u18s and 19s. 

Don't know why his career never

properly developed. 

Edited by BP1960

Former player coming back to be part of the management team. Not sure which position but I’d expect it to be developing the youngsters.

I can’t say his name just yet but he still lives local and I’m sure he will be a welcome addition 👍👍

27 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

Former player coming back to be part of the management team. Not sure which position but I’d expect it to be developing the youngsters.

I can’t say his name just yet but he still lives local and I’m sure he will be a welcome addition 👍👍

Frankie Bunn ? Andy Barlow? P. Scholes( f.off)?

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

Does Oldham love him more than he will know?

1 hour ago, Lukers1 said:

How local? abit random but I saw Dean Furman walking through spinningfields today I think he still lives around Manchester.