Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Tollitt did alright. Carries the ball, pacey, scores from range - I know a team who could do with a player like that! 

Biggest irritation for me with Tollitt was his inability to release the ball at the right time. The number of times we had someone free on the overlap and he chose to come back inside instead. Coach that out of his game and he's a decent player...

Doesn’t contribute enough for me Joe. 

Can beat man, and has an eye for goal. But those are moments in games, and that’s what he’s good at- moments. Even then,  it’s not a few moments in every game, some games he is invisible. He holds the ball for far too long like you say, and looks and plays a like a stiff breeze would knock him over. Reminds me a bit of Danny Boshell. 

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It says they're now plying their trade in the actual football league

An upgrade on us

Well yeah- that’s obvious. 😂

I thought you were implying something about us a club, like we didn’t get the best out of them, or that’s the level they should be at. . . 

3 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It says they're now plying their trade in the actual football league

An upgrade on us

Signing 15 players all at once is abit wacky behaviour really isn't it, its out of the Lemsagams playbook 

I certainly wouldn't want either of them back and I think Morecambe might be in trouble.

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s almost 30, he ain’t going to change at this stage!

Didn't realise that. His agent has done well!

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Well yeah- that’s obvious. 😂

I thought you were implying something about us a club, like we didn’t get the best out of them, or that’s the level they should be at. . . 

No, Just the obvious

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Signing 15 players all at once is abit wacky behaviour really isn't it, its out of the Lemsagams playbook 

I certainly wouldn't want either of them back and I think Morecambe might be in trouble.

We know only too well ourselves what happens when a bad owner takes over,

Morecambe appear to have had their problems but it seems to have galvanised them and they have a top manager who got them into league one, which is crazy given their standing and budget.

Adams will no doubts make those 15 players far better than they have been and if they get taken over, it's a given they'll be extremely competitive 

26 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Absolutely no chance

They have a better manager than ours

Adams recent record in League 2 would suggest not, nearly got Bradford relegated a couple of seasons ago and hardly shone in his last spell with the Shrimpers winning about one game every four.

If they are bringing in the likes of Tollitt and Hope they are fucked, it's as simple as that.

12 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We know only too well ourselves what happens when a bad owner takes over,

Morecambe appear to have had their problems but it seems to have galvanised them and they have a top manager who got them into league one, which is crazy given their standing and budget.

Adams will no doubts make those 15 players far better than they have been and if they get taken over, it's a given they'll be extremely competitive 

I'm really not concerned about losing either of them. Tollit plays in moments couldn't make it here or Kidderminster last season and had to step down to Chester to get football. Hope while being a willing runner doesn't do much else.

Let's not kid ourselves that Derek Adams has some kind of midas touch/magic wand either.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Adams recent record in League 2 would suggest not, nearly got Bradford relegated a couple of seasons ago and hardly shone in his last spell with the Shrimpers winning about one game every four.

If they are bringing in the likes of Tollitt and Hope they are fucked, it's as simple as that.

Adam's isn't at Southend he's at Morecambe 

Judging by previous times he's been there, this will be his third time, he's managed to keep them in the league on the lowest budget.

Any man that can turn Jordan Slew into a regular starter in league two, most certainly has what it takes to improve the standard of the above.

Until we're at the same level, I wouldn't be casting aspersions 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm really not concerned about losing either of them. Tollit plays in moments couldn't make it here or Kidderminster last season and had to step down to Chester to get football. Hope while being a willing runner doesn't do much else.

Let's not kid ourselves that Derek Adams has some kind of midas touch/magic wand either.

Derek Adam's has my full respect as a man

He went back over the border and told them Scottish football was totally shite

They gave him absolute pelters for it but judging by the performance of the national team, he was bang on.

14 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Derek Adam's has my full respect as a man

He went back over the border and told them Scottish football was totally shite

They gave him absolute pelters for it but judging by the performance of the national team, he was bang on.

Saying Scottish isn't that good isn't going to turn Hallam Hope into a 20 goal a season striker is it? 🙃

Edited by GlossopLatic

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Hallam Hope is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. 

Not even close!!…..Segbe, Vera, Kokos, Sefil, Egert, Mchale, Clarke, Shelton…….would you like me to carry on?
There’s plenty more where they came from!😂😂😂

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

So nothing more happening on the incoming transfer front then?

Probably didn't expect anything to happen during the training camp. 

Rumours continue to circulate about Hudson to Wigan with Stones coming the other way, possibly on loan.

The injuries to Norwood and Garner may have led to a change of strategy on the transfer front. Perhaps we might look to bring in a front man in the short term to bolster Fondop, Reid and Willoughby.

Reid seems to have been reintegrated into the squad, although again, there are rumours he will be off soon.

While he's here it will be interesting to see if he's partnered up front with Mike in pre-season. 

32 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Probably didn't expect anything to happen during the training camp. 

Rumours continue to circulate about Hudson to Wigan with Stones coming the other way, possibly on loan.

The injuries to Norwood and Garner may have led to a change of strategy on the transfer front. Perhaps we might look to bring in a front man in the short term to bolster Fondop, Reid and Willoughby.

Reid seems to have been reintegrated into the squad, although again, there are rumours he will be off soon.

While he's here it will be interesting to see if he's partnered up front with Mike in pre-season. 

Last pre-season they looked a good match.

11 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Last pre-season they looked a good match.

It would be a ‘massive ‘ u turn if Reid were to come back into contention, however, the fact he is still here is surprising in itself, with what went on I would have thought he would have been first out of the door!

Perhaps he’s on decent money and it’s put a few clubs off because I’m sure there will have been plenty of inquiries as to his availability.

Personally, I still think he’ll leave before the season’s opener.