Transfer Rumours 24/25

12 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Hallam Hope is one of the worst players I’ve ever seen. 

I don’t know why you support us sometimes. The only player you like is Norwood who is a marquee signing and has spent a lot of his career playing a lot higher. (Or in other words his level isn’t normal for this division) 

We are a shit (until proven otherwise) 5th division team. Hope has played the vast majority of his football in the football league. But he’s awful. . . He was our best player for a while under shez. 

Your player rating is far higher than the club you support. Most players in 4/5th division are good on their day but not consistent. Hope is one of them. Amazing- no. Awful- no. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t know why you support us sometimes. The only player you like is Norwood who is a marquee signing and has spent a lot of his career playing a lot higher. (Or in other words his level isn’t normal for this division) 

We are a shit (until proven otherwise) 5th division team. Hope has played the vast majority of his football in the football league. But he’s awful. . . He was our best player for a while under shez. 

Your player rating is far higher than the club you support. Most players in 4/5th division are good on their day but not consistent. Hope is one of them. Amazing- no. Awful- no. 

Hallam Hope for us, was rubbish. Every time he got the ball he would turn back, he would also miss sitters regularly. 

Hudson, Kitching, Raglan, Hobson, Sutton, Conlon, Lundy, Gardner, Reid, Norwood and Garner. - I rate all these players. 

Norman, Hogan, Fondop - these can be okay on a good day. 

Sorry that I like players to be good, for the level. 

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To put this back on you. I don’t know why you support us when all you want to do is find faults in a player that will score our team goals. 

But that’s your opinion. 

We both support the club because we love the club. I don’t support the club to watch players like Hallam Hope turn back. 

30 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

To put this back on you. I don’t know why you support us when all you want to do is find faults in a player that will score our team goals. 

Been done to death this now.

It’s because he’s the best player. . But you think that means everything and everyone should work around him. I don’t. I think he should contribute more in lots of different aspects. Many of which Barnsley and Tranmere fans said he would, and he hasn’t. Apart from Chesterfield at home. 

34 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Hallam Hope for us, was rubbish. Every time he got the ball he would turn back, he would also miss sitters regularly. 

Hudson, Kitching, Raglan, Hobson, Sutton, Conlon, Lundy, Gardner, Reid, Norwood and Garner. - I rate all these players. 

Norman, Hogan, Fondop - these can be okay on a good day. 

Sorry that I like players to be good, for the level. 

Up to this point. Hope has had a far better career than Hudson, Kitch, Hobson, Sutton, Lundy, Reid, and is back in the football league. (I like those players as well, just using a comparison) He is very far being rubbish, he scored some great goals. Rochdale away immediately comes to mind, and would always put a shift in. 

There is a correlation here. I am defending Hope because above all else I’ll take his faults because I know I’ll get a performance. I pull Norwood up because although he’s much better than Hope you don’t know what type of performance you’ll get. 

I think we just have very different ideas of what makes a good team and what player attributes you need to be successful. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Been done to death this now.

It’s because he’s the best player. . But you think that means everything and everyone should work around him. I don’t. I think he should contribute more in lots of different aspects. Many of which Barnsley and Tranmere fans said he would, and he hasn’t. Apart from Chesterfield at home. 

Up to this point. Hope has had a far better career than Hudson, Kitch, Hobson, Sutton, Lundy, Reid, and is back in the football league. (I like those players as well, just using a comparison) He is very far being rubbish, he scored some great goals. Rochdale away immediately comes to mind, and would always put a shift in. 

There is a correlation here. I am defending Hope because above all else I’ll take his faults because I know I’ll get a performance. I pull Norwood up because although he’s much better than Hope you don’t know what type of performance you’ll get. 

I think we just have very different ideas of what makes a good team and what player attributes you need to be successful. 

We see the game very differently, nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

What’s happened to Alfie Atherton? Is he now an ex-player…..of sorts?

Been at a big EPL club and 2 recent EPL ones so will probably take up the best offer. 

Edited by BP1960

7 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Norwood has missed a load of sitters. So has Haaland for City. All players do

3 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Norwood has missed a load of sitters. So has Haaland for City. All players do

My mate went to watch Morecambe play today. Hope was shit. Tollitt had 12 shots all of which were off target. 

I see my recommendation Jack Hazelhurst of Chorley signed for Burton Albion yesterday. 

A cracking player who will do really well IMO.

I will be helping out Latics with a bit of scouting this season so hope I can find more like him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I see my recommendation Jack Hazelhurst of Chorley signed for Burton Albion yesterday. 

I will be helping out Latics with a bit of scouting this season so hope I can find more like him.

Amazed we didn’t go for him. He stood out like a bear’s arse in the friendly at Chorley last pre-season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have they given an indication that they will value your input more than last season BP?

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Been at a big EPL club and 2 recent EPL ones so will probably take up the best offer. 

Thanks BP, a real shame Mellon didn’t throw him in last season as that might have increased his value or made him want to stay for regular first team football. 

Wonder if we are due compensation?

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Thanks BP, a real shame Mellon didn’t throw him in last season as that might have increased his value or made him want to stay for regular first team football. 

Wonder if we are due compensation?

Yes,  but it wont be much unless we get some big add ons. 

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Not sure add ons are allowable if it’s a compensation payment.

I'm pretty sure they're not as they are the result of negotiations between clubs and compensation is just set rather than negotiated 

20 hours ago, BP1960 said:

FI see my recommendation Jack Hazelhurst of Chorley signed for Burton Albion yesterday. 

Good luck BP, find us some gems.

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm pretty sure they're not as they are the result of negotiations between clubs and compensation is just set rather than negotiated 

It’s different with academy players as a lot of the time the money received will be minimal but clubs with take a percent of the next sale. Its not like someone already playing first team football. 

43 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Was speaking to my mate at my sons football said this lads parents where sat next to him in the main stand, they started crying when he came on. 

Probably because they dreamt of him playing tin the PL... :)