Transfer Rumours 24/25

15 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Trialist 31 

He looked composed and could find a pass, you'd probably want to have another look at him maybe from the start of a game but he has ability, looked physically strong and went about his business effortlessly. Might be one Mellon brings in to work with as he definitely has potential. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He looked composed and could find a pass, you'd probably want to have another look at him maybe from the start of a game but he has ability, looked physically strong and went about his business effortlessly. Might be one Mellon brings in to work with as he definitely has potential. 

He actually likes a forward pass. Get him signed. 

On 7/14/2024 at 7:23 AM, b0ndl1ne said:

Have they given an indication that they will value your input more than last season BP?

Yes, had a good chat and on the same wave length, but I will be purely advisory in passing on info of any potential gems I see. At my age I will only be taking in local matches, but as I saw at one Curzon Ashton game there players among the opposition who can be recommended. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

Signings have dried up....is that it now unless these trialists earn a deal?

I’d imagine at least one on loan striker is a priority with the two long term injuries. A holding midfielder and a wide player and we’re probably done, unless we lose Hudson.

37 minutes ago, Lags said:

Signings have dried up....is that it now unless these trialists earn a deal?

one mans 'dried up' is another mans 'business done early'

l think youre scarred by a combo of Corney needing to sign 20 players every summer to try and saved ten grand and Lemmie just signing anything he could get his hands on.

we need one player (CDM) and probably want an extra winger and striker on loan. we are in a great place IMO. uncharted/long forgotten waters amongst the fan base.

E I E I E I O

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Dan Adshead one of the trialist tonight 

familiar story of a strong start leading to being hoovered up by a high flying academy then being binned of because he hasn't developed enough. good player. shows we aren't sitting on our hands..

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Absolutely no way have we finished our business, 4 more by the end of August I reckon.

Can see us utilising the loan market though but not exclusively.

Bring back last years pies.

16 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

I miss the days of having to learn 25 new players names, 15 of whom you'd only see play for us 3 times 

Halcyon times

It's hard enough learning the lad from Rochdale's name.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It's hard enough learning the lad from Rochdale's name.

If it helps, you can sing his name to the tune of Ninety Nine Red Balloons.  Scans perfectly.

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Norwood will get a new deal on 7 grand a week if he plays 20 games this season apparently. 

No wonder we can’t spend much atm! 

WTF was going on in that boardroom last summer with these contracts. 

Edited by aaronoafc

19 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Norwood will get a new deal on 7 grand a week if he plays 20 games this season apparently. 

No wonder we can’t spend much atm! 

WTF was going on in that boardroom last summer with these contracts. 

Name your source or stop causing unrest with fake news.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Name your source or stop causing unrest with fake news.

Causing unrest 😂

I don’t have one, someone who told me does though. Anything I put in here is said by someone who is usually there or there abouts. I won’t just make stuff up.

We’ll see if @Lukers1 can confirm as he (or she) is usually spot on. 

Was also mentioned Birmingham where interested in taking Norwood on loan a few week ago. 

Edited by aaronoafc

On 7/11/2024 at 6:41 PM, GlossopLatic said:

How local? abit random but I saw Dean Furman walking through spinningfields today I think he still lives around Manchester.