Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, aaronoafc said:

Causing unrest 😂

I don’t have one, someone who told me does though. Anything I put in here is said by someone who is usually there or there abouts. I won’t just make stuff up.

We’ll see if @Lukers1 can confirm as he (or she) is usually spot on. 

Was also mentioned Birmingham where interested in taking Norwood on loan a few week ago. 

2 hours ago, aaronoafc said:

Causing unrest 😂

I don’t have one, someone who told me does though. Anything I put in here is said by someone who is usually there or there abouts. I won’t just make stuff up.

We’ll see if @Lukers1 can confirm as he (or she) is usually spot on. 

Was also mentioned Birmingham where interested in taking Norwood on loan a few week ago. 

I can confirm that these figures are way out of proportion. Expect a new goalie to be added before the season starts👍

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Where are we at overall Lukers? 

New keeper. 
Possibly Stones. 

Anyone else? 

I’ve not heard anything really concrete in the last few days. The new keeper looks a cert as obviously Hudson swap with Stones is still on. I’ve not been to a game but that’s why we are trialing goalkeepers.

I’m a my clients next week and he’s my source, if I have anything else Ill let you know.👍👍

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lukers1 said:

The new keeper looks a cert as obviously Hudson swap with Stones is still on.

I take it that Hudson would be a permanent move and Stones would be a loan?

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Latest on Norwood is he's played his last game for the club and has been asked to look for a new club, that's from a pretty reliable source. Be interesting to see if it's true or not.

He almost went to Birmingham recently on loan. 

If the 7k a week figure is wrong the contract extension/pay rise doesn’t seem to be. I imagine the club want him off the books before that.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

new seven grand deal??? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

some mothers do ave em

Given he’s already on 5k a week plus bonuses it’s not entirely out of the question that we allowed something like this in his contract. 

Crazy transfer. 

14 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

He almost went to Birmingham recently on loan. 

If the 7k a week figure is wrong the contract extension/pay rise doesn’t seem to be. I imagine the club want him off the books before that.

With respect the likelihood of such a transfer seems far fetched at best.

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Latest on Norwood is he's played his last game for the club and has been asked to look for a new club, that's from a pretty reliable source. Be interesting to see if it's true or not.

Wow if this is true , makes you wonder if he is injured or not . I would have thought Mellon would have got the best out of him having previously worked with him .Especially this coming season, If he is not staying we need to get rid asap. A long drawn out saga with him could severely hamper our season. Wonder if Wigan are interested ,despite his goal record he could be difficult to shift.

59 minutes ago, penrhyn said:

Wow if this is true , makes you wonder if he is injured or not . I would have thought Mellon would have got the best out of him having previously worked with him .Especially this coming season, If he is not staying we need to get rid asap. A long drawn out saga with him could severely hamper our season. Wonder if Wigan are interested ,despite his goal record he could be difficult to shift.

It does make you wonder, not sure of the extent of his injury given he's doing sessions on his own in the gym. I remember rumours circling at the back end of last season but I dismissed that when he showed up for pre season, given he's broke down on the first day back it's starting to come across a little fishy to say the least.

• Like 1

The figures quoted for Norwood aren’t far wrong. Every 5 goals he gets a very big bonus. 

there has been interest from league one clubs. The 20 appearances mark is correct so will be very surprised if we see 19 games and him binned.

20 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The figures quoted for Norwood aren’t far wrong. Every 5 goals he gets a very big bonus. 

there has been interest from league one clubs. The 20 appearances mark is correct so will be very surprised if we see 19 games and him binned.

Baffles me why clubs put these stupid clauses in contracts and then only 1 year later we’re sat here thinking “oh shit, we probably shouldn’t let him hit this trigger” as we can’t afford it. 
I’ve said it before, we’ve come a long way as a club in 2 years, but we are still making big mistakes with recruitment, and i’d be pissed if I was FR. 

6 minutes ago, daniel said:

Baffles me why clubs put these stupid clauses in contracts and then only 1 year later we’re sat here thinking “oh shit, we probably shouldn’t let him hit this trigger” as we can’t afford it. 
I’ve said it before, we’ve come a long way as a club in 2 years, but we are still making big mistakes with recruitment, and i’d be pissed if I was FR. 

TBF that was a year ago and under a different manager….I don’t think the same mistakes will be made again.

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

If they do that the club wont be any different to the Abdallah Era. Get rid of him now and get 2/3 good players in to replace him if we really have to. 

I know it was only a ‘joke’ but I can’t imagine that Mellon was too impressed with Norwoods comment about Fondop when he rocked up for training on day 1. Doesn’t really buy in to the togetherness and squad culture that we’re seemingly trying to cultivate. Can’t have one player acting billy big bollocks and thinking they are better than everyone else (even if it’s true). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I know it was only a ‘joke’ but I can’t imagine that Mellon was too impressed with Norwoods comment about Fondop when he rocked up for training on day 1. Doesn’t really buy in to the togetherness and squad culture that we’re seemingly trying to cultivate. Can’t have one player acting billy big bollocks and thinking they are better than everyone else (even if it’s true). 

I can see the humour in the joke, if Mikey saw the funny side. Depends how Norwood conducts himself the rest of the time, I suppose. 

If Norwood's on a fat bonuses/ massive contract trigger on top of his big salary, then that's bonkers. I don't think you need to be particularly experienced in business to know what a calculated risk looks like and the offer we've potentially made to him seems way OTT..

3 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

I doubt it will have been enough to force a move. Plus I'd like to think that their is abit of banter flying about the changing rooms which is occasionally abit brutal so I wouldn't think much of it. If the figures around a contract renewal are true then I can understand why he might be being asked to look for a new club. I also hope that their is a learning curve going on at Boardroom level regarding negotiation on this too.

Edited by GlossopLatic

53 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I can see the humour in the joke, if Mikey saw the funny side. Depends how Norwood conducts himself the rest of the time, I suppose. 

If Norwood's on a fat bonuses/ massive contract trigger on top of his big salary, then that's bonkers. I don't think you need to be particularly experienced in business to know what a calculated risk looks like and the offer we've potentially made to him seems way OTT..

What did he say ? 

19 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

What did he say ? 

They where doing a random question game and Norwood got asked if he’s been inspired by anything in/out of football lately. 

To be fair someone off camera said fondop, Norwood then basically said yeah if Fondop can get another contract then anyone can. 

I just took it as a bit of banter tbf…

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

They where doing a random question game and Norwood got asked if he’s been inspired by anything in/out of football lately. 

To be fair someone off camera said fondop, Norwood then basically said yeah if Fondop can get another contract then anyone can. 

I just took it as a bit of banter tbf…

Over analysis is the death of humour. If the day ever comes when you can't rip it out of your mates then it's game over

• Like 11