Transfer Rumours 24/25

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Over analysis is the death of humour. If the day ever comes when you can't rip it out of your mates then it's game over

Absolutely agree 100%, but there is a time and place for it. In the privacy of the dressing room and out on the training pitch having the craic with your teammates just like ourselves at work and in the pub is part & parcel these days but airing it to fans on the club’s media is probably not, especially after what happened with Reid?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

The figures quoted for Norwood aren’t far wrong. Every 5 goals he gets a very big bonus. 

there has been interest from league one clubs. The 20 appearances mark is correct so will be very surprised if we see 19 games and him binned.

So he needs shifting then. No point in paying him 5k a week plus whatever else to sit on his arse for over half the season. 

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Absolutely agree 100%, but there is a time and place for it. In the privacy of the dressing room and out on the training pitch having the craic with your teammates just like ourselves at work and in the pub is part & parcel these days but airing it to fans on the club’s media is probably not, especially after what happened with Reid?

Nah! Nothing to see here - let’s move on

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Chesterfield.    Funny how when they came here, and moving up a league this new season, Norwood looked as good as he had done all season. Maybe he put a show on for them with the hope that they may take a punt on him.  :unsure:

25 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move to Chesterfield.    Funny how when they came here, and moving up a league this new season, Norwood looked as good as he had done all season. Maybe he put a show on for them with the hope that they may take a punt on him.  :unsure:

Cook wouldn't put up with him.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Latest on Norwood is he's played his last game for the club and has been asked to look for a new club, that's from a pretty reliable source. Be interesting to see if it's true or not.

There was rumour of this at the end of season. Fluff intimidated at an unsavoury incident that sealed his fate but wouldn’t go into it. 

I’m not saying this to point score, but it’s been obvious he doesn’t want to be here by how he plays. (Cue the outcry)  Then add in not turning up at presentations (I defended him over that)  and various other rumours about his conduct. It wouldn’t surprise at all if he’s moved on. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

That's a decent bit of long range planning by Norwood, for me I would love for Norwood to be here this season, get him the supply lines there is your 30 goal a season striker. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Mmm, Weird isn’t it. His best performance by a mile is against the league leaders. . 

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Latest on Norwood is he's played his last game for the club and has been asked to look for a new club, that's from a pretty reliable source. Be interesting to see if it's true or not.

It will be true. Norwood himself told someone I know he didn't think he'll be here next season about 2 months ago.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

Cook thinks he’s a bad apple and wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole 

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

They’ve signed Paddy Madden they don’t need him

11 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Adds up with some of the stories I'd heard at the back end of last season.

The question is, whos going to take on his inflated wage at this stage of his career?

Hopefully someone like Salford might.

It might be a case of loaning him out and still paying some of his wages 🙄.

32 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Hamer going Lincoln think we have a 50% sell on fee as Burton bought really cheap.

Hamer was given plenty of flak, similar to that of Sutton - who will eventually go higher than us. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Hamer was given plenty of flak, similar to that of Sutton - who will eventually go higher than us. 

You could come up with an endless list of youngsters given pelters on here who've gone on to do just fine in divisions above. 

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

You could come up with an endless list of youngsters given pelters on here who've gone on to do just fine in divisions above. 

True.

16 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

we would have got relegated without Norwoods goal involvements. what a set of whingeing, entitled twats we are 😳🙄

If Paul Cook's alleged character assessment of him is right, we might have got promoted!

Penalties count and all that jazz, but I'm sure we'd have scored enough of them without Norwood to have survived..

20 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

we would have got relegated without Norwoods goal involvements. what a set of whingeing, entitled twats we are 😳🙄

No we wouldn't that's just not true is it, we probably  had our best run of the season when he was out of the team and when he returned he scored one goal against Chesterfield (only game for me he gave a shit about), we are also winless when he's played in our last 13 games.

Now I was looking forward to what James might add this season with a fresh start but it appears Mellon has seemingly had enough of his attitude and tbh I can't blame him, he isn't a team player it is as simple as that and I'll  be surprised if anyone takes him off our hands.

• Like 3