Transfer Rumours 24/25

3 hours ago, hillside blue said:

Having read some of the previous posts about Norwood, I'm guessing this article is just bollocks.

Oldham Athletic strikers "a few weeks away" from training | The Oldham Times

Ooooh that's unfair on Suzanne! Presumably the treadmill is what the article refers to as "undergoing treatment" and she does actually say at the start of the article that Norwood and Garner have not yet been involved in "full pre-season training". Seems accurate enough.

28 minutes ago, daniel said:

Or the narrative surrounding Norwood amongst our fan base is bollocks? Be interesting if when fit (if he’s injured) he features in the squad. 

My information came from someone pretty well connected to the club who said similar about Nuttall and that proved correct.

Saying that we were told by some that Reid wouldn't turn out again but he since has so I suppose time will tell with Norwood. I find it difficult to believe but you never know.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, daniel said:

Or the narrative surrounding Norwood amongst our fan base is bollocks? Be interesting if when fit (if he’s injured) he features in the squad. 

My information came from someone pretty well connected to the club who said similar about Nuttall and that proved correct.

Saying that we were told by some that Reid wouldn't turn out again but he since has so I suppose time will tell with Norwood. I find it difficult to believe but you never know.

19 hours ago, drw1909 said:

I remember Tony Foster. He scored a shed load of goals in Rhodesia and Malawi.

Yes, had one of the best debuts I've ever seen then went rapidly downhill after. Hence the 'Foster' shout. 

Khan has ripped us a new one a few times . If his head is right and hes fit could be decent . Same with Ridehalgh  at this level could be ok for 12 months good experienced pro. 

3 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Khan has ripped us a new one a few times . If his head is right and hes fit could be decent . Same with Ridehalgh  at this level could be ok for 12 months good experienced pro. 

Khan showed a great attitude today, always looking to recieve the ball and make things happen. 

On that showing he must be in with a chance of a contract. 

Ridelalgh looked rusty to me and may not be up to full training speed. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Khan is a Pakistan international. How many games a season might we lose him for?

Would signing him help to encourage other Asians to follow the Latics?. Nothing wrong with that if it were to happen

2 minutes ago, another fan said:

Would signing him help to encourage other Asians to follow the Latics?. Nothing wrong with that if it were to happen

And he's a local lad from Ashton under Lyne. 

• Like 1

Josh Stones not in the Wigan squad at Fylde today. 

No Matt Smith in the Salford squad either 

Injured or on their way here I wonder? 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

What about Matt Smith, is he injured too? 

Smith was announced as leaving Salford when they did their retained list. He isn’t attached to any club. 

9 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ooooh that's unfair on Suzanne! Presumably the treadmill is what the article refers to as "undergoing treatment" and she does actually say at the start of the article that Norwood and Garner have not yet been involved in "full pre-season training". Seems accurate enough.

Thanks for the link but the bastards at O.T won't let you read the full article without sub scribing to them.