Transfer Rumours 24/25

7 minutes ago, Longlostfan said:

maybe he is a 15 minute battering ram against a tiring defence but he surely isn't a main starter.

40 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Mikey isn’t good enough tactically, technically or disciplined enough to start or play regularly. 

But he is unusual. He’s off the cuff. He’s brilliant at coming on in a stale game and ruffling feathers and making something happen.

I think we’re agreed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Mikey isn’t good enough tactically, technically or disciplined enough to start or play regularly. 

But he is unusual. He’s off the cuff. He’s brilliant at coming on in a stale game and ruffling feathers and making something happen. For that alone he was only the player from last season worth a deal as a squad player. 

Absolutely. He’s an unusual player, capable of the unexpected, he’ll give his all and will be a great asset as an impact sub this season. 

But as a regular starter he is well short of the necessary qualities if we want to compete at the top. 

• Like 1

Which striker is coming to the Harriers on loan next week then? 

Would prefer Kurt or Fondop rather than the aging Norwood and Garner but knowing PB's penchant for older players and his old mates then it's going to be one of those two.

2 minutes ago, Harriers9 said:

Would prefer Kurt or Fondop rather than the aging Norwood and Garner but knowing PB's penchant for older players and his old mates then it's going to be one of those two.

It won’t be fondop Garner or Norwood 

4 minutes ago, Harriers9 said:

It would most likely be Reid or Willoughby as both are likely to be moved on before they start of the season either could well be a good signing at that level.

31 minutes ago, Harriers9 said:

There is not a chance it’s Norwood. League 1 teams want Norwood and we pay him 5k a week, I don’t think you guys would even pay half of that. 

It will be Willoughby or Reid, I’d imagine Willoughby if anyone. 

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

That was one of the inherent risks of bringing in Norwood. Suddenly you have a player who is being paid much more then you in the squad, who actually doesn’t do his share of the work “off the ball”. 

Easy for other players to just go “F—k it, why should I work my b——cks off to make up for you when I’m being paid peanuts.”

A lot of us on here love having a quality player about and still want Norwood back in the team.  I personally dislike the bloke and would prefer MM works out how to get rid and replace him.

What are you saying?? Who doesn't do their share of the work off the ball??

Norwood gives 100% every time I've seen him and never noticed Garner being lazy. So who are you talking about??

Norwood would score shed loads if he wasn't surrounded by shit.

I really look forward to seeing him this year because the evidence thus far suggests that we will play football this season.

So who are you saying is being payed big wages and being lazy??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It would most likely be Reid or Willoughby as both are likely to be moved on before they start of the season either could well be a good signing at that level.

Help. Where is all this about Harriers getting one of ours on loan?? Seem to have missed a thread.

12 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Help. Where is all this about Harriers getting one of ours on loan?? Seem to have missed a thread.

It's from the Harriers fan above. Must be rumblings at their end. 

If we believe Mellon and Norwood is three week away where does he fit in as we are currently setting up, can he play that lone striker role or does he prefer to play in a two? If he's watched us the last two Saturdays he'd be excited by the chances we are creating, I'd say we probably would have won the game easily yesterday if Norwood started in front of Fondop given the chances he missed.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If we believe Mellon and Norwood is three week away where does he fit in as we are currently setting up, can he play that lone striker role or does he prefer to play in a two? If he's watched us the last two Saturdays he'd be excited by the chances we are creating, I'd say we probably would have won the game easily yesterday if Norwood started in front of Fondop given the chances he missed.

In 3 weeks he's hopefully fit enough to start his pre-season so we're probably looking at a couple of months before he's ready to start a match.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He'd start infront of Fondop surely though I still believe at his age he needs a player next to him to do his running for him. 

Let's see what happens our striking options could look very different in a months time.

4 hours ago, diggleblue said:

What are you saying?? Who doesn't do their share of the work off the ball??

Norwood gives 100% every time I've seen him and never noticed Garner being lazy. So who are you talking about??

Norwood would score shed loads if he wasn't surrounded by shit.

That is..... generous. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

That is..... generous. 

I agree with the original comment. Sure Norwood is a moaning, miserable twat but I find it strange some of our fan base say he doesn’t put the effort in because I think thats bollocks to be honest. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Can't imagine Reid would drop into the North. Could see Kurt doing so though.

I'd like to keep him here.

Going off location, Reid could be a fit. He's from Birmingham, has family down there, played for Solihull etc .. on the flip side though he seems very settled in Manchester based on his Instagram. 

9 hours ago, daniel said:

I agree with the original comment. Sure Norwood is a moaning, miserable twat but I find it strange some of our fan base say he doesn’t put the effort in because I think thats bollocks to be honest. 

It must be tough playing in a League 1 playoff final and then having to turn out at Dorking leisure centre, I can't muster the enthusiasm to travel to some of the shithole grounds in this division so I have some sympathy for players who've mixed it on the bigger stage and struggle for motivation.

Before everyone jumps on me I'm not suggesting that's the case but it's probably no coincidence his best performances have come at the bigger venues or against the better teams.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It must be tough playing in a League 1 playoff final and then having to turn out at Dorking leisure centre, I can't muster the enthusiasm to travel to some of the shithole grounds in this division so I have some sympathy for players who've mixed it on the bigger stage and struggle for motivation.

Before everyone jumps on me I'm not suggesting that's the case but it's probably no coincidence his best performances have come at the bigger venues or against the better teams.

In the big games, big moments, I think every fan would agree we would want Norwood at the end of the chance. 

That says it all for me. If we can keep him happy and continue with passing the ball on the floor, he will score goals this year. Like he has every season. 

40 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Bless him. 

That gun to his head to come here and paltry salary we're paying him really must irk him too..

Edited by JoeP

11 hours ago, daniel said:

I mean calling an opinion "bollocks" doesn't really count as evidence for it not being right. 

I think he's a great finisher, if the variables are right. Unfortunately we're not in a position as a club to provide those variables for him at the moment and because of that he comes across as a frustrated figure that doesn't seem happy to be here and is unwilling to adapt his game and accept that he's at a National League club with National League players who won't be able to provide him with the service he's used to... and that is just tough shit! Be part of the rebuilding programme or don't be, but as I say no one forced him to come here and if he thought he wouldn't have to turn out at Southern Leisure Centre's he should've done some quite straightforward research about what division he was going to be playing in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I mean calling an opinion "bollocks" doesn't really count as evidence for it not being right. 

I think he's a great finisher, if the variables are right. Unfortunately we're not in a position as a club to provide those variables for him at the moment and because of that he comes across as a frustrated figure that doesn't seem happy to be here and is unwilling to adapt his game and accept that he's at a National League club with National League players who won't be able to provide him with the service he's used to... and that is just tough shit! Be part of the rebuilding programme or don't be, but as I say no one forced him to come here and if he thought he wouldn't have to turn out at Southern Leisure Centre's he should've done some quite straightforward research about what division he was going to be playing in.

There's a personal parallel here.  Back in 2006 I switched jobs to what I thought was a firm that offered the best of the two worlds I was looking to operate here - a seriously large organisation operating in a niche sector to which I could bring my own experience and expertise.  But by about lunchtime on day 2 I realised I'd made a huge mistake and I spent the next twelve months looking for an escape route which had to be right to avoid my CV looking like a battlefield.  It was evident throughout that period that there was little point in me doing anything other than going through the motions as there was no possibility that I could change the organisation.  With hindsight I could have done more due diligence - although it would have been tougher than identifying that Latics would be playing at Dorking.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Just what part of his game is he unwilling to adapt, stop scoring goals ?

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

There is no evidence. You'll have some saying he's not interested based on what they're seeing and you'll have others saying he is based on watching exactly the same stuff!

I thought the latter last season and I also thought the main issue he had was not necessarily the grounds he was playing at (although I think it's human nature for that to play a part in some way) but more the quality of the players he was playing with. If he does stay I'd hope that we'd see more out of him because of having a better standard of player and playing style.