Transfer Rumours 24/25

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Just what part of his game is he unwilling to adapt, stop scoring goals ?

We're constantly told he's a great finisher given the service. Fine. But what if he can't get the service? He's going to have to do something else to help the team. 

He certainly doesn't need need to adapt his penalty taking technique, mind...

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We're constantly told he's a great finisher given the service. Fine. But what if he can't get the service? He's going to have to do something else to help the team. 

He certainly doesn't need need to adapt his penalty taking technique, mind...

I haven't noticed him stopping making runs even when the ball rarely arrived so hopefully, if available, he'll add the finishing touches to our better midfielders.

Norwood had Gardner on one wing, Hammond on the other. - Both playing out of position. 

He then had to deal with Sheron continuously launching the ball over his head and Lundy petrified of controlling a football. 

He then had Sutton a centre back and a disinterested Kitchen after the Reid situation to provide any service. 

It’s not hard to think he may get better service this season. When he does, he will score even more goals and look happier. 

He was clearly sold a vision by Unsworth, hence his announcement video. They basically lied to him so he was probably still miffed from that and frustrated as a result. 

If anyone can get him back on track it’s Mellon and Brabin. But as a fan base, let’s not get on the back of a player who has the potential to score the goals to get us out of this shit division? If Mellon decides it’s best he goes, then fine. 

But, the current alternatives are Reid, Kurt, Garner and Fondop. None of which will score the goals to get us out of this division. 

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norwood had Gardner on one wing, Hammond on the other. - Both playing out of position. 

He then had to deal with Sheron continuously launching the ball over his head and Lundy petrified of controlling a football. 

He then had Sutton a centre back and a disinterested Kitchen after the Reid situation to provide any service. 

It’s not hard to think he may get better service this season. When he does, he will score even more goals and look happier. 

He was clearly sold a vision by Unsworth, hence his announcement video. They basically lied to him so he was probably still miffed from that and frustrated as a result. 

If anyone can get him back on track it’s Mellon and Brabin. But as a fan base, let’s not get on the back of a player who has the potential to score the goals to get us out of this shit division? If Mellon decides it’s best he goes, then fine. 

But, the current alternatives are Reid, Kurt, Garner and Fondop. None of which will score the goals to get us out of this division. 

Absolutely on the money!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Bang on. Ultimately strikers rely on service, and with a barely functioning midfield and no wingers last season I think any striker would've struggled. I don't think he was at his best last season but there were mitigating factors and he still managed a bit less than 1 in 2. Given his track record I've every confidence he'll do much better this season with a better side behind him.

Some fans just don't like the guy, and I get it to an extent. Some of the bollocks rumours and taking friendly digs at teammates at face value doesn't help matters 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Yep, fair post. 

Possibly dissolving Norwood of any personal responsibility a little, but let's see how things shape up this season.

I think I’m missing something. 

You know all shit players, and no service and being lied to, and non of it being his fault. How did he manage an absolutely superb individual performance against Chesterfield in the face of such adversity? It’s almost like he is choosing when to bring his A game. . . 

Just now, League one forever said:

You know all shit players, and no service and being lied to, and non of it being his fault. How did he manage an absolutely superb individual performance against Chesterfield in the face of such adversity? It’s almost like he is choosing when to bring his A game. . . 

I'd be interested to hear what the lie was.

1 minute ago, JoeP said:

Possibly dissolving Norwood of any personal responsibility a little,

Possibly. . .

A little. . . 

😂😂

We have to accept Joe, the rules don’t apply to our James. If he plays well, it’s in spite of the shit around him. If he play badly, it’s because of the shit around him. 

One wonders how he managed to cope when Unsworth sold him the lie, might be because we offered what league one clubs wouldn’t. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yep, fair post. 

Possibly dissolving Norwood of any personal responsibility a little, but let's see how things shape up this season.

I think he’s a controversial character, one some people clearly don’t like. He clearly does have an attitude, but honestly, I don’t care. 

I have watched enough strikers who have a great attitude be absolutely shit for us. I just want a striker that can score goals, which Norwood can. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Did you see Dallas that game ? The lad was playing like a man possessed. 

The whole team turned up that day. They still bottled it mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Possibly. . .

A little. . . 

😂😂

We have to accept Joe, the rules don’t apply to our James. If he plays well, it’s in spite of the shit around him. If he play badly, it’s because of the shit around him. 

One wonders how he managed to cope when Unsworth sold him the lie, might be because we offered what league one clubs wouldn’t. 

What rules has he broke sorry ? 

Or have you just determined a 33 year old doesn't run enough?

No coincidence we get the best version of Norwood when we have legs around him and he gets service. 

• Like 1

Anyhow, until we get a decent alternative or Norwood leaves. I look forward to seeing him play for us again. 

After seeing Fondop on the weekend playing the lone striker role, I’m sure we can all agree on the above. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Is that so unusual? Some players are big game players, others do their best stuff in lesser games against poorer opposition when it counts less and the pressure is off (see Fondop).

It's up to the manager to get the best out of each individual for the good of the team, consistently over the course of a season. I'm pretty sure one thing we can all agree on is there was very little consistency at all on the playing front as a club throughout last season. Hopefully, we'll get that this year and see better results.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

What rules has he broke sorry ? 

Personal responsibility for his own performance. 

You think he played well against Chesterfield because Dallas played well and they linked well. 

I don’t. 

I think he played well against Chesterfield because he pressed, he ran the channels, he fought.

You’re not arsed about any of that, as long as he scores. You define him by his goals, and think the team should be set up to feed him. 

I don’t. 

I think he should part of the team and lead from the front. ( like Tranmere and Barnsley’s said he was renowned for) If he contributes more he’ll score more. 

Most of the time he’s a Billy big bollocks walking around wondering what’s he doing here. 

Against Chesterfield he was every inch the player he can be and was the best player on the pitch. 

I want Chesterfield more often. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Good to know Norwood and teenage catering staff have already been targeted for scapegoating for this season by the OWTB's brains trust.

It’s a forum guy. If you don’t like differing opinion or can’t formulate an a counter view without cheap shots, maybe give it a swerve for a bit. 

Just now, League one forever said:

It’s a forum guy. If you don’t like differing opinion or can’t formulate an a counter view without cheap shots, maybe give it a swerve for a bit. 

Nah I'd rather circulate nonsense rumours and call teenage catering staff twats if that's ok

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is that so unusual? Some players are big game players, others do their best stuff in lesser games against poorer opposition when it counts less and the pressure is off (see Fondop).

He’s our best player, we need as many big games from him as possible. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Personal responsibility for his own performance. 

You think he played well against Chesterfield because Dallas played well and they linked well. 

I don’t. 

I think he played well against Chesterfield because he pressed, he ran the channels, he fought.

You’re not arsed about any of that, as long as he scores. You define him by his goals, and think the team should be set up to feed him. 

I don’t. 

I think he should part of the team and lead from the front. ( like Tranmere and Barnsley’s said he was renowned for) If he contributes more he’ll score more. 

Most of the time he’s a Billy big bollocks walking around wondering what’s he doing here. 

Against Chesterfield he was every inch the player he can be and was the best player on the pitch. 

I want Chesterfield more often. 

But against Chesterfield the whole team played 10 yards further forward than about 95% of the other games this season. 

There is literally no point in Norwood pressing the centre backs if the midfield players are sat on the defenders toes. It’s actually counter productive for many reasons for him to do that. 

So the reason you have seen a better version of Norwood on that day is because the whole team pressed and we pushed them back. What other games did we do that last season? 

Norwood runs the channels, he is always making runs so that’s nonsense. 

• Like 4