Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

But against Chesterfield the whole team played 10 yards further forward than about 95% of the other games this season. 

There is literally no point in Norwood pressing the centre backs if the midfield players are sat on the defenders toes. It’s actually counter productive for many reasons for him to do that. 

So the reason you have seen a better version of Norwood on that day is because the whole team pressed and we pushed them back. What other games did we do that last season? 

Norwood runs the channels, he is always making runs so that’s nonsense. 

You could say that about literally every single player. . . he played better that day because he had more support. 

Kitch is a great example- pre Christmas last season, he had no support on the left, with centre mids often playing on his side. He was literally our only creative outlet for 3/4 months. He was our most consistent player, despite playing with shit, having no help or support. So if Kitch can his job for team- so should every player. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

Thats a very good point. 

😂

I think a lot of the constructive criticism about Norwood is absolutely fair, and it would be regarding any players performance last season. The stuff that pisses me off is when it gets a bit more personal, or when people post unsubstantiated rumours about things he's apparently done. I think there's enough to criticise and expect improvement about without resorting to all that

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You could say that about literally every single player. . . he played better that day because he had more support. 

Kitch is a great example- pre Christmas last season, he had no support on the left, with centre mids often playing on his side. He was literally our only creative outlet for 3/4 months. He was our most consistent player, despite playing with shit, having no help or support. So if Kitch can his job for team- so should every player. 

Let’s just agree to disagree on this one. 

Hopefully the situation will get sorted. I don’t care who scores the goals, Norman can score them all for all I care. 

I just don’t want us in a few years time to regret anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

😂

I think a lot of the constructive criticism about Norwood is absolutely fair, and it would be regarding any players performance last season. The stuff that pisses me off is when it gets a bit more personal, or when people post unsubstantiated rumours about things he's apparently done. I think there's enough to criticise and expect improvement about without resorting to all that

We have all these rumours but he’s been spotted at the gym, was at the game and Mellon commented on him coming back in 3 weeks. 

Based on the above, I don’t believe the rumours currently. Obviously that could change if anything more comes out. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I've criticized Kitch's crossing previously but he's already put in 5 or 6 goalworthy ones this pre-season.

Maybe having a reliable left sided (left footed) centre half behind him has helped.

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I've criticized Kitch's crossing previously but he's already put in 5 or 6 goalworthy ones this pre-season.

Maybe having a reliable left sided (left footed) centre half behind him has helped.

I thought his crossing was very good pre Christmas. After Christmas his whole game faded. Good to hear he’s showing some form. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think I’m missing something. 

You know all shit players, and no service and being lied to, and non of it being his fault. How did he manage an absolutely superb individual performance against Chesterfield in the face of such adversity? It’s almost like he is choosing when to bring his A game. . . 

It's a big difference between being lied to and things not quite working out as hoped for

39 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Nah I'd rather circulate nonsense rumours and call teenage catering staff twats if that's ok

You going to go on about that forever. You weren’t there and haven’t a clue what was said!……give it a rest

Just now, Dave_Og said:

It's a big difference between being lied to and things not quite working out as hoped for

Absolutely. 

I was being facetious, every player will be told the right things. Every player also knows most of it is bullshit. It’s sales talk. 

Norwood will have known our plight, he will have seen our results. He will have known the squad quality at the time of joining.  I don’t think for one second he thought we’d win league. 

He came for the money- and good to luck to him, it’s a short career. But let’s not pretend that he came for the dream and the challenge, and has been let down. They go where the best offer is. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely. 

I was being facetious, every player will be told the right things. Every player also knows most of it is bullshit. It’s sales talk. 

Norwood will have known our plight, he will have seen our results. He will have known the squad quality at the time of joining.  I don’t think for one second he thought we’d win league. 

He came for the money- and good to luck to him, it’s a short career. But let’s not pretend that he came for the dream and the challenge, and has been let down. They go where the best offer is. 

I reckon he may have been sold a bit of a dream by Unsworth/Darren Royle. Let’s be honest the bookies had us finishing 2nd last year and most fans thought anything between 2nd and 6th was a realistic finish. I’m sure he did join thinking we would be right up there. 

You are right though in terms of he 100% came for the money, it’s as simple as that. This is the case for loads of footballers in the lower leagues, it’s basically location and/or money. 

Who wouldn’t? 3.5-4k a week at Barnsley on a 1 year deal and we offered just under 5k on 2 years with all sorts of bonuses. On the premise the job should be easier dropping down, He lives in Manchester as well so closer to home. He simply came because we threw an offer at him that was too good to turn down. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I reckon he may have been sold a bit of a dream by Unsworth/Darren Royle. Let’s be honest the bookies had us finishing 2nd last year and most fans thought anything between 2nd and 6th was a realistic finish. I’m sure he did join thinking we would be right up there. 

You are right though in terms of he 100% came for the money, it’s as simple as that. This is the case for loads of footballers in the lower leagues, it’s basically location and/or money. 

Who wouldn’t? 3.5-4k a week at Barnsley on a 1 year deal and we offered just under 5k on 2 years with all sorts of bonuses. On the premise the job should be easier dropping down, He lives in Manchester as well so closer to home. He simply came because we threw an offer at him that was too good to turn down. 

But for that money you expect more at this level. 

Just now, BP1960 said:

But for that money you expect more at this level. 

I agree. 

I’ve only scanned the last few pages but I kinda feel like both sides are right. 

Norwood is right to be pissed off by how the last season went for every reason mentioned already, however he is capable of better and we should have seen better performances more frequently from our star player. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely. 

Of coarse he did but he said at the time the fact we were aiming for promotion was a factor too and I believe him. Unsworth had signed a few players that we all thought were decent and he no doubt spread the bullshit at the signing.

The Southend game must have been a massive wake up call and as we know, everything went downhill from that point.

He ran his bollocks off in the following games and more so after MM turned up. He was constantly making forward runs that his teammates never even looked for and when you see the ball flying over your head or constantly hoofed into touch at every available opportunity it must be completely demoralising.

He probably thought busting a gut was pointless and rightly or wrongly I would probably have been similarly pissed off….it was bad enough watching it never mind playing in it!

Lets see how he is this season and if it’s the same I’m sure he will feel the full wrath of the supporters and rightly so!

Personally I think we will see a very different player. I just hope we can provide him with a decent partner!

Edited by oafc1955
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

In other news is there anything to this striker to Kidderminster rumour? 😂

Bloke at work who knows someone on the board just told me Reid is on his way out this week but didn't know where to...

Probably 2+2=5 but if I'd have to guess I'd go with him...

Would hope we've got one on the way in if we're willing to let one go with the injuries we have.

58 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Bloke at work who knows someone on the board just told me Reid is on his way out this week but didn't know where to...

Probably 2+2=5 but if I'd have to guess I'd go with him...

Would hope we've got one on the way in if we're willing to let one go with the injuries we have.

Pray4kitch if it's true.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Of coarse he did but he said at the time the fact we were aiming for promotion was a factor too and I believe him. Unsworth had signed a few players that we all thought were decent and he no doubt spread the bullshit at the signing.

The Southend game must have been a massive wake up call and as we know, everything went downhill from that point.

He ran his bollocks off in the following games and more so after MM turned up. He was constantly making forward runs that his teammates never even looked for and when you see the ball flying over your head or constantly hoofed into touch at every available opportunity it must be completely demoralising.

He probably thought busting a gut was pointless and rightly or wrongly I would probably have been similarly pissed off….it was bad enough watching it never mind playing in it!

Lets see how he is this season and if it’s the same I’m sure he will feel the full wrath of the supporters and rightly so!

Personally I think we will see a very different player. I just hope we can provide him with a decent partner!

Hope so, we have seen a different Conlon so far. 

1 minute ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Latest news I'm hearing is that we'd negotiated a swap deal of Norwood for Stones with Wigan .... the main stumbling block being Stones doesn't want to come here if Norwood isn't!!

Want's to learn from him and forge a partnership!

Rightttttt