Transfer Rumours 24/25

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Back in 2006 I switched jobs to what I thought was a firm that offered the best of the two worlds I was looking to operate here - a seriously large organisation operating in a niche sector to which I could bring my own experience and expertise.  But by about lunchtime on day 2 I realised I'd made a huge mistake and I spent the next twelve months looking for an escape route which had to be right to avoid my CV looking like a battlefield.  It was evident throughout that period that there was little point in me doing anything other than going through the motions as there was no possibility that I could change the organisation. 

Pin page

• Like 3

1 hour ago, samgoafc said:

Faal of supposed St Andrews fame has joined Crawley so he’s out the question.

Been there since the back end of last week apparently. Maybe why he didn't play in the friendly, got wind of a contract offer from Crawley and didn't want to risk injury?

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Been there since the back end of last week apparently. Maybe why he didn't play in the friendly, got wind of a contract offer from Crawley and didn't want to risk injury?

Probably was supposedly on the bench initially against Stockport so presume he must’ve got wind of interest and was only there to make up the numbers. Think only McGann, Moloney (keeper) and Thompson have been around most of pre season, had Hiwula, Adshead, Kirk etc on trial supposedly and all have either left, vanished or like Matt Lowe gone elsewhere.

Presume Mellon will have to sign some soon and I think we get an indication based on the friendly on Tuesday as to who will be signed up. 

1 hour ago, samgoafc said:

Probably was supposedly on the bench initially against Stockport so presume he must’ve got wind of interest and was only there to make up the numbers. Think only McGann, Moloney (keeper) and Thompson have been around most of pre season, had Hiwula, Adshead, Kirk etc on trial supposedly and all have either left, vanished or like Matt Lowe gone elsewhere.

Presume Mellon will have to sign some soon and I think we get an indication based on the friendly on Tuesday as to who will be signed up. 

Adshead was training with us Monday so might see him tonight against Southport

On 7/22/2024 at 8:42 PM, Gaz_Oafc said:

Always played down south, so not a surprise really

2 hours ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Joe Hugill (man u) to Wigan on loan.

Does that free up stones?

Maloney  keeps saying he wants 2 more to compete with Stones, not replace him. 

However, we all know that managers often tell half truths or downright lies.

Fingers crossed 

Edited by Boyyou
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Surely means there's a striker incoming then? 

Wonder what has happened to Rob Harker. Thought he looked okay leading the line for Halifax but doesn't seem to have got fixed up. Just felt he might be a cheap, young  target man to consider

3 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Wonder what has happened to Rob Harker. Thought he looked okay leading the line for Halifax but doesn't seem to have got fixed up. Just felt he might be a cheap, young  target man to consider

Yeah I thought he would have been Fondops replacement. Him or Quigley anyway. 

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Humphries going back Wigan. We have contacted Wigan again for Stones

I hope we have other targets in mind if all this Stones bollocks doesn’t come off. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Humphries going back Wigan. We have contacted Wigan again for Stones

Where you got your humphrys info from  I can’t see it being true 

Edited by Handsy

36 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I hope we have other targets in mind if all this Stones bollocks doesn’t come off. 

I've recommended a very good young EFL striker who hasn't had much game time the last couple of seasons and would likely to be available on loan. It might not happen now though as the clubs main striker is injured.

If we got this player on loan it would be a major coup IMO. 

Nethertheless he's one to monitor if he still can't get a game early season. 

I can't reveal his name as I'm helping the club with recommendations, but watch this space. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Where you got your humphrys info from  I can’t see it being true 

Humphrys not yet fixed up elsewhere and Wigan have been struggling to  get a deal with Blackpool for Kyle Joseph so suppose anything is still possible as the season start rapidly approaches