Transfer Rumours 24/25

15 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

There anything to us wanting Matt Smith? Seen rumblings on twitter

Hope not - at this rate we'll have to get a stair lift fitted to the tunnel steps to get our strikers onto the pitch. Nothing against Matt, he'd still do a job alongside a younger faster striker but can't see him with Norwood, Garner, Reid or Fondop.

10 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Hope not - at this rate we'll have to get a stair lift fitted to the tunnel steps to get our strikers onto the pitch. Nothing against Matt, he'd still do a job alongside a younger faster striker but can't see him with Norwood, Garner, Reid or Fondop.

Agree, hope it’s bollocks. 

We do need a striker though, maybe 2 if Reid goes

4 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Agree, hope it’s bollocks. 

We do need a striker though, maybe 2 if Reid goes

I can’t see us having more than 4 strikers given Mellons previous comments. 

Norwood, Garner and Fondop are fine. But we need this 4th one to be young with some much needed energy. 

17 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I can’t see us having more than 4 strikers given Mellons previous comments. 

Norwood, Garner and Fondop are fine. But we need this 4th one to be young with some much needed energy. 

Best forget Hiwula then

slower than all three

15 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Matt Smith would be an upgrade on Fondop but surely we aren’t in for another 30 plus striker who can barely move. 

we need some legs uptop 

Exactly Matt Smith id take over both Fondop and Garner. But in the current setup of strikers, he’s the opposite of what we need. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

So -

Kurt Gone. 

Reid maybe to Kiddy. 

Nors and Garner injuried. 

Looks like we’re starting the season with Mikey up top on his own. . 

Don't think kurt was every played in his best position when you watch some of the goals he scored and alot from free kicks don't think every saw him take one.

6 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Don't think kurt was every played in his best position when you watch some of the goals he scored and alot from free kicks don't think every saw him take one.

Agreed, nor was he ever given a run of games. I don’t care who you are you need a run. Judging anyone off 45 mins or the odd start isn’t fair. Having said that three managers saw him him in training every day and didn’t play him. So it’s probably best for all concerned. 

31 minutes ago, kev1970 said:

Think he was more 'kin Kurt than King Kurt.

I was quite excited when he signed hoped he be our a Macaulay Langstaff but it wasn't to be he didn't play much but when he did he never got going or showed that he deserved more of a chance no doubt he'll bang them in for fun for them he's loved there.

Edited by GlossopLatic

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think he was more 'kin Kurt than King Kurt.

I was quite excited when he signed hoped he be our a Macaulay Langstaff but it wasn't to be he didn't play much but when he did he never got going or showed that he deserved more of a chance no doubt he'll bang them in for fun for them he's loved there.

Think he's part of a group of strikers who ultimately can't cut it any higher. Gold Omotayo who bagged for fun at Kings Lynn is similar, he's played NL a few times and never scored a lot. Was lauded as a 'fantastic signing' for Fylde last season by 'analysts' but is now back at Kings Lynn. Not everybody is Langstaff and everyone who bags at that level now is seen as such which doesn't help, hope he rips it up back at Chester.

3 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Please please please not be true. 

Norwood, Garner, Smith and Fondop. - Christ. 

Please please please don't let us sign a striker who scored 24 goals in the division above last season. Anything but that!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Boyyou said:

Maloney  keeps saying he wants 2 more to compete with Stones, not replace him. 

However, we all know that managers often tell half truths or downright lies.

Fingers crossed 

I think we'll make a cash bid for Stones. Definitely a player you'd take as an investment.

Not sure on Smith unless he's a direct replacement should Norwood leave. Matt Smith and Stones with Fondop and Garner as back up rotational strikers wouldn't be too shoddy. Reid maybe kept as a wide option in a front three.

With Kurt leaving I definitely anticipate a striker incoming.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think we'll make a cash bid for Stones. Definitely a player you'd take as an investment.

Not sure on Smith unless he's a direct replacement should Norwood leave. Matt Smith and Stones with Fondop and Garner as back up rotational strikers wouldn't be too shoddy. Reid maybe kept as a wide option in a front three.

With Kurt leaving I definitely anticipate a striker incoming.

Surely that's what Wigan see him as? Know they spoke highly of him when he came here last season. 

Be shocked if Wigan sold him to us, unless it was a for a substantial figure that I just can't see us paying.

Will be a season long loan if anything which I think will end up happening. 

Biggest worry is people hyping him up to be the next messiah, yes he was good for three and a bit games last season alongside Nors but that's three and a half games. Not saying he's wont score 30+ but if we do sign him I can imagine the fanbases expectations will be OTT for sure.