Transfer Rumours 24/25

25 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

What I was told last about Stones we need to wait for Wigan to find replacements. There has been small talk regarding a permanent transfer. Looking at a small fee with a 50% sell on  was being discussed. 

Surely someone with his profile goes for decent money in the current market? Can't see why they would give him away for buttons.

And if we are the only team interested in him should we actually be interested in him...?

9 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Please please please don't let us sign a striker who scored 24 goals in the division above last season. Anything but that!

Norwood, Garner and Fondop are all capable of scoring goals. But without the service or players around them to complement them, they won’t score the goals they can. 

Matt Smith needed runners around him when he was with us, 10 years ago. When he came to BP with Salford, he looked even less mobile obviously. Another 3 years on and I doubt he moves about much. 

We currently have 2 wingers, one of which Jes, I assume is going to be a sub. We have no midfield player that will run beyond him or a striker that will do the running for him. 

So yeah, the signing of Smith would be a waste given the current strikers we have. If Garner or Fondop was to leave then yes no brainer. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Please please please not be true. 

Norwood, Garner, Smith and Fondop. - Christ. 

With our improved midfield and Kitching and Ogle on the overlap, I would be absolutely made up with Smith, Norwood, Garner & Fondop as the attacking options!

14 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

With our improved midfield and Kitching and Ogle on the overlap, I would be absolutely made up with Smith, Norwood, Garner & Fondop as the attacking options!

Really ? Fair enough more than entitled to your opinion. 

One thing defenders in this league absolutely hate is direct runners. I think centre backs in this league would be happy with marking the above for strikers for 90mins. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Would have been great in 2017.

41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can anyone make sense of that?

I think it means mm might bring in more players. 

I just hope he hasn’t forgotten what good looks like.  There was a lot of dithering there!

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He said that he might bring in some players… it just took him forever to say that 😮

He's a master of the  14 minute interview saying what could be said in 30 seconds

Must be taken from Mellons forthcoming Radcliffe game preview . We all know there is still budget left, we need 3 more out and 4 in.We must be waiting for a big one I think.

It was Willoughby we were supposed to have signed according to Phil Brown.

Last night at Telford there was a tall black guy with a small beard sat by us with two other guys. He acknowledged the other players sat at the back and they all went into the dressing room at the break and the end of the game. Could that have been Reid?  

1 hour ago, Harriers9 said:

It was Willoughby we were supposed to have signed according to Phil Brown.

Last night at Telford there was a tall black guy with a small beard sat by us with two other guys. He acknowledged the other players sat at the back and they all went into the dressing room at the break and the end of the game. Could that have been Reid?  

No Reid doesn’t have a beard 

IMG_1640.webp

Hypothetical scenario

Lets say Reid goes and Norwood goes too and we replace them with Smith and Stones. How would we feel about forward line options of Smith Stones Garner and Fondop? With possibly another midfielder coming in to add some creativity?

Would that be enough to close the book on this summers transfer activity?

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hypothetical scenario

Lets say Reid goes and Norwood goes too and we replace them with Smith and Stones. How would we feel about forward line options of Smith Stones Garner and Fondop? With possibly another midfielder coming in to add some creativity?

Smith needs pace I still feel we lack that and creativity.

smith is an upgrade on Fondop 

19 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Hypothetical scenario

I'd like it. I'd like it a lot...

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I rate Smith- and he’s better than Fondop- but is this going back to the dark days of lob sided squads with too many players playing the same role and not enough balance.

If Smith signs- we still need another striker. Baffling. 

Nonsense, he got 24 goals in the league above.

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I'd like it. I'd like it a lot...

Two who do the exact same job. 

One who is 37 and injury prone. 

And Stones.

Id much Prefer- 

Nors

Stones

Smith 

The fourth could be any from garner/Fondop/another. 

Them 3 would score 15+ in their own right, the rest are fillers. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Nonsense, he got 24 goals in the league above.

You’ve missed the point. I’m not arguing whether he’ll score goals or if I rate him. 

I’m saying a strike force of Nors, Garner, Smith, Fondop, has no pace, to many similarities an isn’t well balanced or complimented. 

• Like 1