Transfer Rumours 24/25

14 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Really torn on Smith. Love him to bits, gave me some of my greatest ever days in 2013. But is a 35 year old target man really what we need alongside Garner and Norwood...?

Quite. 

It’s not that he isn’t a good player, it’s more - can two 35 year olds be relied upon every week. . possibly, but our play would be very predictable and formulaic to get the best out of them. 

Norwood played his best football with Stones, who did a lot of his running. 

The balance of the striking options isn’t right for me. 

4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Fondop. Reid is off...

Why would anyone not want someone who scored 25 goals in the league above is last season??

So what if he's older than we would like.

Get one good season out of him and it gets us promoted.... job done.

If it's in the budget then why get rid of anyone if we don't want to? 

Norwood, Smith, Garner, Fondop and Stones all like an injury so get all 5 if we can.

Agree Reid will probably go

It's Franks money......

13 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Harsh on Reid. He's paid his dues.

But not playing well.

He's lightweight and doesn't run off the ball much which is a pre-requisite for a non-target man forward !

Edited by Bobledgersheart
spelling

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Quite. 

It’s not that he isn’t a good player, it’s more - can two 35 year olds be relied upon every week. . possibly, but our play would be very predictable and formulaic to get the best out of them. 

He Smith played all 46 games for Salford last season.

39 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Quite. 

It wouldn't be formulaic apparently.

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

You’ve missed the point. I’m not arguing whether he’ll score goals or if I rate him. 

I’m saying a strike force of Nors, Garner, Smith, Fondop, has no pace, to many similarities an isn’t well balanced or complimented. 

It’s a huge worry. 

On 4/29/2024 at 10:00 AM, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We sign players from clubs in lower divisions "why we signing players from tinpot clubs? 😡"

We sign players from teams who have won this division "well it didn't work when we signed players from Stockport 😡"

We sign players from higher divisions "why we signing L2 rejects 😡"

We don't sign anyone "😡😡"

Another one for the list

We potentially a player who scored 24 goals in the division above last season "😡"

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Another one for the list

We potentially a player who scored 24 goals in the division above last season "😡"

No one is questioning his ability, it’s will he compliment what we have- to get the best out of him and us.

Macleny scored 20 for us and went to Salford and did nothing. Nuttall had scored 16 at Scunny and did nothing. Ben Garrity wasn’t great for us and plays in league one.  It’s about how players gel/settle. 

Nors and Smith might be class, but it’s not unreasonable to have doubts about their combined age and if our playing style and lack of depth will get the best out of two 35 year olds. 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No one is questioning his ability, it’s will he compliment what we have- to get the best out of him and us.

Macleny scored 20 for us and went to Salford and did nothing. Nuttall had scored 16 at Scunny and did nothing. Ben Garrity wasn’t great for us and plays in league one.  It’s about how players gel/settle. 

Nors and Smith might be class, but it’s not unreasonable to have doubts about their combined age and if our playing style and lack of depth will get the best out of two 35 year olds. 

I'm only having a laugh. Personally I wouldn't have resigned Fondop, think the idea of signing Smith would be better to most if we didn't already have two not particularly quick target men on the books. 

Doesn't look like it's gonna happen anyway 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Smith needs pace I still feel we lack that and creativity.

smith is an upgrade on Fondop 

Where have we heard that before, Fondop bats them aside every time!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

My info suggests they aren't signing Smith...

Apparently his parting words after Salford were he wanted to perhaps look into projects away from football