Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

How do you know I’m not the number plate spotter…

Cause it's Dean Hutchings.

But wouldn't be surprised if you are involved this year cause that account has been miles off it this summer, so that would figure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Will we need to wait for Wigan to bring in other strikers beforehand? Or is it happening regardless?

Loan or permanent?

It's got a Connor Ripley vibe all over this. Wait all summer and not be able to get him in after all.

They've just signed a striker and winger on 12month loans this week.

16 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Saw the number plate BR4D 8EG with a guy knocking one out whilst watching the players train, any ideas ? 

Just the 4 times I’ve been invited down to training to see the new players before announcement. You want an invite and we can knock one out together? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Will we need to wait for Wigan to bring in other strikers beforehand? Or is it happening regardless?

Loan or permanent?

It's got a Connor Ripley vibe all over this. Wait all summer and not be able to get him in after all.

Wigan boss Maloney again insisting that Stones and Joe Hugill will be his first-choice strikers and he now just wants a full-back to complete his squad.

Could be lying, of course,  but it doesn't look promising. 

I see the forum's pre-season is going well with some great comments and comebacks from Shankly and Brad that made me smile, all bubbling up nicely for the big kick off.

Simplythemost you need to up your game , you're way off form :)

• Like 1

If we go into the season with just Fondop and Reid I'd be hugely disappointed, that could turn in to just Reid after 5 minutes of the Braintree game if Fondop has a brain fart and Reid doesn't look half the player he was prior to his exile to me and I'd be looking to shift him on as he doesn't seem up to it or up for it for that matter, with the distinct lack of goals preseason it's a huge worry.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Wigan boss Maloney again insisting that Stones and Joe Hugill will be his first-choice strikers and he now just wants a full-back to complete his squad.

Could be lying, of course,  but it doesn't look promising. 

I keep reading this, who at are end is holding out for a deal then because to me it's never been on the way Maloney has been talking. 

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If we go into the season with just Fondop and Reid I'd be hugely disappointed, that could turn in to just Reid after 5 minutes of the Braintree game if Fondop has a brain fart and Reid doesn't look half the player he was prior to his exile to me and I'd be looking to shift him on as he doesn't seem up to it or up for it for that matter, with the distinct lack of goals preseason it's a huge worry.

Agreed. 

I know we can sign others after the season starts, but now more than ever we need a good start. Any player coming in needs time to settle and it will be a few weeks before we see the best of them. Nors and Garner are coming back from quite lengthy injuries and again will need time to settle. It’s very possible it will be September before we see a really strong first 11. By which time your 6/7 games in. . . 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This we have had all summer to sort the strikers out. Reid from what I’ve seen two friendlies he’s barely touched the ball. 

fondop doesn’t have the brain or the ability to play the lone striker. I’m all for Fondop coming on last 10 15 minutes offering something different.

i just hope we have not spent all summer chasing Stones. We keep going back asking. 

First question that needs asking is who is it that keeps going back asking? Second question is why when Wigan's manager has stated that Stones and Hugill will be his first choice front pairing and also that people thinking Stones will be going back out on loan can carry on dreaming.

The club need to move on from this and go out and identify an actual target they stand a chance of landing before we are left scratching through what is left after other teams have made their moves. At this rate i can see us ending up panic signing some free agent who didn't manage to get fixed up, or loaning somebody at the last minute just to fill a gap just because they are avalable who would have never even been considered until that point.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OAFC1981 said:

First question that needs asking is who is it that keeps going back asking? Second question is why when Wigan's manager has stated that Stones and Hugill will be his first choice front pairing and also that people thinking Stones will be going back out on loan can carry on dreaming.

The club need to move on from this and go out and identify an actual target they stand a chance of landing before we are left scratching through what is left after other teams have made their moves. At this rate i can see us ending up panic signing some free agent who didn't manage to get fixed up, or loaning somebody at the last minute just to fill a gap just because they are avalable who would have never even been considered until that point.

Norwood will be back in a week or so 👍

16 minutes ago, OAFC1981 said:

Perhaps the club has moved on….its all rumours, conjecture & guesswork. We know Stones will be on our radar but I’m pretty sure there will be others!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OAFC1981 said:

lots of assumptions here

58 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lots of assumptions here

The main assumption is that Bradleys info of we keep going back asking about Stones is correct. If it is the fact we keep doing so indicates we haven't moved on. What Wigans manager has said about Stones is written in numerous articles and has been from many weeks ago right up until a couple of days ago.

The bit about what i can see happening is just that, more what i fear may happen than what will.

Guest O.A.F.C.
59 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'd be really surprised if Stones isn't an Oldham player by the end of August...

You are really pushing this Stones story.  I hope you are right, it will go against your recent trend of being wrong though...