Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Good one - Rob Harker and Callum Cooke still free agents according to twitter. Two decent pickups - surprised Alty didn't go for Harker rather than Nuttall.

Is that the Callum Cooke that was ex Bradford?

He’s a quality forward thinking midfielder.

2 hours ago, penrhyn said:

One player I havnt seen mentioned who is available for at least a loan or maybe transfer is, Sam Dalby at Wrexham. I think he would be a good partner for Norwood.

1 goal in 31 last season... 

Most of those games he was a sub coming on for last 15-20 minutes .Just think he would be a good mobile target man . His scoring record in the national league is ok . He scored and made one against us last time we played Wrexham. We need an alternative to Fondop .

I'm surprised we aren't in for a forward given the injuries to Garner and Norwood and the persistent rumours about Alex Reid. If Reid were to leave we'd look very light up top. His performances in pre-season are unlikely to have set the hearts of potential suitors racing. Perhaps bringing a striker in is dependent upon Reid leaving.

36 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

I'm surprised we aren't in for a forward given the injuries to Garner and Norwood and the persistent rumours about Alex Reid. If Reid were to leave we'd look very light up top. His performances in pre-season are unlikely to have set the hearts of potential suitors racing. Perhaps bringing a striker in is dependent upon Reid leaving.

If the pre season campaign is anything to go by then we need Norwood back pronto plus one more to bring in. We can’t be losing ground again from day one and signing stones in September or whenever isn’t ideal 

Anyone getting slightly concerned about the lack of activity this last couple of weeks? We are now a week and abit out from the start of the season and this thread isn't as hot with rumours as it should be.

We are a couple of players light and I feel we are giving teams a head start, August is usually a shit month for us Im not sure this one will be any different. Fingers crossed something happens soon.

Edited by GlossopLatic

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anyone getting slightly concerned about the lack of activity theclast couple of weeks we are now a week and abit out from the start of the season and this thread isn't as hot with rumours as it should be.

We are a couple of players light and I feel we are giving teams a head start, August is usually a shit month for us Im not sure this one will be any different. Fingers crossed something happens soon.

Yep, and the trialists we're looking at don't really fill me with any confidence. Need a couple of good signings asap.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anyone getting slightly concerned about the lack of activity this last couple of weeks? We are now a week and abit out from the start of the season and this thread isn't as hot with rumours as it should be.

Get the rumours out @Oldham_till_i_die 

28 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Yep, and the trialists we're looking at don't really fill me with any confidence. Need a couple of good signings asap.

Just grateful Mike bagged last night. Going into the season he's looking like first name on the team sheet (admittedly down to injuries). Remarkable given he wasn't initially offered a contract. 

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Think one problem is shifting players out first, as hinted at by MM post-match. Could be scope for a couple, but I  suspect MM would like possibly four to complete his squad

Interesting contrast to how Rochdale are recruiting compared to us - more younger signings from NL and NLS as opposed to mainly experienced EFL types. If they work out then you have a sell on value. Think we need a couple like that.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not at all, everything is rosy in the garden, the big deals don't get done until late in the window.

13 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Think one problem is shifting players out first, as hinted at by MM post-match. Could be scope for a couple, but I  suspect MM would like possibly four to complete his squad

We've already moved on/released/loaned out 13 players and only brought 5 in. I'd be abit concerned if we are at a 1 in 1 out stage. I understand we need to get 2-3 more out the door as they aren't in our plans but surely it shouldn't be the case that we need to get them out before more come in.

33 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Interesting contrast to how Rochdale are recruiting compared to us - more younger signings from NL and NLS as opposed to mainly experienced EFL types. If they work out then you have a sell on value. Think we need a couple like that.

MM seemed to emphasis 'Men'  needed in the Warrington Town interview. I've recommended a couple of teenagers who I think will be gems in a couple of years time, but it seems the priority is the here and now, which is I guess understandable to get out of this division. 

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We've already moved on/released/loaned out 13 players and only brought 5 in. I'd be abit concerned if we are at a 1 in 1 out stage. I understand we need to get 2-3 more out the door as they aren't in our plans but surely it shouldn't be the case that we need to get them out before more come in.

Don't think MM wants the squad to get too big/unwieldy. That can cause problems with disgruntled players.

I  am guessing there is scope to bring in a couple. Any more and I  reckon people would first need to go.

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

We still have quite an old squad, only Oli Hammond and Jes out of the players we might expect to feature regularly are young. I'd like to see us signing more players with potential. We haven't done well so far in picking up players from NL/NLN/NLS and below. 

1 hour ago, mick26 said:

Let's see...

Willoughby was a 'Star' at NLN, and looked well and truly out of his depth at this level.

11 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Let's see...

Willoughby was a 'Star' at NLN, and looked well and truly out of his depth at this level.

He didn’t manage to make the step up….doesn’t mean to say that will be the case for future lower league signings.

1 hour ago, Boyyou said:

Don't think MM wants the squad to get too big/unwieldy. That can cause problems with disgruntled players.

I  am guessing there is scope to bring in a couple. Any more and I  reckon people would first need to go.

Exactly. 

He said 3 months ago this summer would be difficult and so it’s proved with some not leaving. Then add in he wants a smaller tight knit squad and he can’t just sign players and have the likes of Reid and Hogan doing nothing because discontent will set in again.

I think he’s d like 4/5 but will have to settle for two. 

It’s a summer of evolution not revolution. 

• Like 1