Transfer Rumours 24/25

19 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Apparently Mellon insisted they did it in the middle of the Spindles. Everyone was laughing at Hogan. Disgusting from Mellon really

l heard about it on that massive billboard that blinds you on the mancunian way. too far IMO

58 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There was no need to have the captaincy removed publicly.

Best one yet this 😂😂.

Im sure Hogan had no idea about it before it was said publicly. 

Club can’t win with you, they tell us something and you complain it’s public. They don’t and you complain nothing is made public. 

Next. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l heard about it on that massive billboard that blinds you on the mancunian way. too far IMO

The worst part was, Mellon promised to buy Hogan an ice cream when they were done, and then he didn't.

The club needs to answer for this really. Shameful 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Best one yet this 😂😂.

Club can’t win with you, they tell us something and you complain it’s public. They don’t and you complain nothing is made public. 

Next. 

They didn't need to tell us anything in this instance, just do it quietly over the summer.

40 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Apparently Mellon insisted they did it in the middle of the Spindles. Everyone was laughing at Hogan. Disgusting from Mellon really

Available for all to read in the Oldham Times, a classy touch.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

14,000+ posts of the same monotonous shite and now he gets snarky...

Ah, you boys don't like it when you get a bit back do you.

Get that report sent off to the mods...

At the end of the season MM had individual talks with each player he wanted to keep and each he felt should move on. As part of those private discussions Hogan was told about the captaincy change.

Then, and only then, did the news emerge.

Can't see how that could have been any fairer.

• Like 2

Joking aside , I can't remember how it was communicated to us. So I did think it was quite low-key but I may be wrong on that and just missed it.

Also surely the captaincy gets changed at other clubs as it's not a job for life.

Regardless of whether Hogan did a good job or not if MM brings someone in who he feels is a better captain why can't it be changed?

I don't think it is as major an issue as made out.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Best one yet this 😂😂.

Next. 

🤣🤣🤣 quite

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The worst part was, Mellon promised to buy Hogan an ice cream when they were done, and then he didn't.

The club needs to answer for this really. Shameful 

this is worse than when that guy queing up for libpool tickets didn't get a bacon butty made for him by a Jew. 

l demand a statement.

6 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I don't think very many at all think it's a major issue.

It's almost like it's just another stick to beat MM and the club with from those with an axe to grind.

It isn't a major issue. It just didn't need to be made public, in my humble opinion.

23 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

It isn't a major issue. It just didn't need to be made public, in my humble opinion.

So we turn up at the first friendly and lo and behold there is a new captain.

Talk on the terraces is that Hogan has had a punch-up with the manager or shagged the office cleaner or told Frank to eff off. 

Wild and damaging speculation on social media or a simple announcement about a change in captaincy after consultation with the player.

You choose.

It’s funny because the damage this does by causing pointless rumours and discontent amongst the fanbase which people like the usual suspect on here stirs up, far outweighs how the events have unfolded, which is a nonissue anyways. 

56 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

So we turn up at the first friendly and lo and behold there is a new captain.

Talk on the terraces is that Hogan has had a punch-up with the manager or shagged the office cleaner or told Frank to eff off. 

Wild and damaging speculation on social media or a simple announcement about a change in captaincy after consultation with the player.

You choose.

There wouldn't have been any speculation, people would have worked it out for themselves, that's the point...

Edited by deyres42