Transfer Rumours 24/25

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s funny because the damage this does by causing pointless rumours and discontent amongst the fanbase which people like the usual suspect on here stirs up, far outweighs how the events have unfolded, which is a nonissue anyways. 

I doubt any damage has been caused Mr Angry, calm down...

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Back on topic.....we could do with a couple more coming in before next Saturday....if Big Mike gets injured, sent off or something else, not sure where the goals will come from??

I really hope there is a plan around this

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There wouldn't have been any speculation, people would have worked it out for themselves, that's the point...

It's great that you keep saying these comments as it's setting people up for some great witty remarks but come on , really?

Not a single club anywhere has changed the captaincy and left it until the supporters noticed a different guy wearing the arm band on  a matchday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

There wouldn't have been any speculation, people would have worked it out for themselves, that's the point...

Why have we changed captain?

That would have been the first question- and so speculation would have begun.

Instead the manager and club were perfectly honest and open in  their dealings with all concerned. No doubts, no rumours,  no problem- we'll other than for one on here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

It's great that you keep saying these comments as it's setting people up for some great witty remarks but come on , really?

Not a single club anywhere has changed the captaincy and left it until the supporters noticed a different guy wearing the arm band on  a matchday.

Are there many examples of it being announced from a position of strength and all parties being happy with it? Genuine question, there might be lots.

1 minute ago, Boyyou said:

Why have we changed captain?

That would have been the first question- and so speculation would have begun.

Instead the manager and club were perfectly honest and open in  their dealings with all concerned. No doubts, no rumours,  no problem- we'll other than for one on here

Well when you let it be known that a player is free to find another club it kind of follows that they won't be the captain, doesn't really need spelling out...

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Well when you let it be known that a player is free to find another club it kind of follows that they won't be the captain, doesn't really need spelling out...

So if Hogan accepts he has been free to find another club, and obviously loses the captaincy, what is your problem. He doesn't seem to have one. Training hard, available for matches, etc

3 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The worst part was, Mellon promised to buy Hogan an ice cream when they were done, and then he didn't.

The club needs to answer for this really. Shameful 

Oh it's even worse than that. Apparently MM and DR wanted to put Hogan in the stocks in the Spindles, but were unable to order a set in time. As ever, thank goodness for @deyres42, the man with his finger on the pulse of all things Latics.

22 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

So if Hogan accepts he has been free to find another club, and obviously loses the captaincy, what is your problem. He doesn't seem to have one. Training hard, available for matches, etc

No idea if he has a problem or not, can't imagine he is happy about it. That isn't the point though. Other managers would have been hammered for pulling the same trick. Not Saint Micky though...

34 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Are there many examples of it being announced from a position of strength and all parties being happy with it? Genuine question, there might be lots.

I genuinely don't know what you mean. What position of strength are you talking about? Also it is irrelevant whether all parties are happy or not as I thought it was the manner in which it was done, wasn't it?

I still actually don't know what OAFC did wrong in this instance.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Oh it's even worse than that. Apparently MM and DR wanted to put Hogan in the stocks in the Spindles, but were unable to order a set in time. As ever, thank goodness for @deyres42, the man with his finger on the pulse of all things Latics.

Get that report in lad...

1 minute ago, Only Blue said:

I genuinely don't know what you mean. What position of strength are you talking about? Also it is irrelevant whether all parties are happy or not as I thought it was the manner in which it was done, wasn't it?

I still actually don't know what OAFC did wrong in this instance.

When has a manager not on the back foot decided to publicly remove the captaincy from someone?

29 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fucking hell Rob you're having a nightmare on here at the minute

Can't be worse than you Faz, you had us as champions after the famous 0-0 vs Lincoln then did a swift 180 after the next game...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

No idea if he has a problem or not, can't imagine he is happy about it. That isn't the point though. Other managers would have been hammered for pulling the same trick. Not Saint Micky though...

At every club in the land managers have held talks with players about whether or not they will continue to figure. Some are out of contract,  others made available for a move. The results are transmitted to the league and made public. Agents then get to work. That's how football operates.

Mellon and Latics have done nothing different.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

When has a manager not on the back foot decided to publicly remove the captaincy from someone?

It's this "publicly" thing I am struggling with.

Regardless of how the team did, MM feels there is a better captain than Hogan. He has told him this in his one to one meeting, so how then should this be communicated to everyone else?

Are you questioning the actual removal of Hogan as captain or the way this info was communicated to the wider public?

I feel I am back to square one and my my whole world has ground to a halt until I solve this conundrum!!! :)

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

A whole new level of who gives a toss.

I was just trying to get into the mind of why people see something wrong when nothing wrong was done... and got properly ensnared!!!

I apologise :)

19 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

At every club in the land managers have held talks with players about whether or not they will continue to figure. Some are out of contract,  others made available for a move. The results are transmitted to the league and made public. Agents then get to work. That's how football operates.

Mellon and Latics have done nothing different.

Correct. That has nothing to do with the captaincy.

7 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

It's this "publicly" thing I am struggling with.

Regardless of how the team did, MM feels there is a better captain than Hogan. He has told him this in his one to one meeting, so how then should this be communicated to everyone else?

Are you questioning the actual removal of Hogan as captain or the way this info was communicated to the wider public?

I feel I am back to square one and my my whole world has ground to a halt until I solve this conundrum!!! :)

The communication.

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Correct. That has nothing to do with the captaincy.

So Mellon's only "crime" was stating  the bleeding obvious. Hogan is free to leave so won't be considered for captain

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bloody hell, wish I'd not said anything now.

PS he wouldn't have had to relocate...

If he has decided to stay can we not give him back the captaincy to placate our disgruntled fellow Tic

2 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Ohh wow that clears it up.

Let's take it one step at a time then.... please elaborate, what about the communication that was so wrong?

The bit where someone, presumably not Hogan, leaked to the Oldham Times that he would not be captain regardless if he stayed at the club or not.