Transfer Rumours 24/25

4 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

So Mellon's only "crime" was stating  the bleeding obvious. Hogan is free to leave so won't be considered for captain

Yes. So why the need to ram the point home? But look, Saint Micky can't be questioned so who cares about doing the right thing by people.

41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Can't be worse than you Faz, you had us as champions after the famous 0-0 vs Lincoln then did a swift 180 after the next game...

We are still gonna piss the league, I get all the big calls right 🤣

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Yes. So why the need to ram the point home? But look, Saint Micky can't be questioned so who cares about doing the right thing by people.

Do you think he should name Hogan as Captain and then not select him, that would be a bit weird wouldn't it.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think he should name Hogan as Captain and then not select him, that would be a bit weird wouldn't it.

As I say, just say nothing, it would become obvious anyway, at least to anyone with a brain cell.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

As I say, just say nothing, it would become obvious anyway, at least to anyone with a brain cell.

Yeah. 

They could play a cryptic game in his first post match presser. 

‘Hogan on the bench and Conlon named as captain Micky, is that for today or a permanent change?’

(Taps his nose)  - ‘look with your eyes.’

‘I have, and he’s not Captain and Tom is’

‘Well there you go. As I always say,  if you can’t change the captain

- change the Captain. 

‘I don’t know what that means.’

‘Work it out.’

‘Is Tom the Captain.’

’You tell me’

’Thanks for your time Micky’ 

• Like 2

Trying to stear this thread back away from the attention seeker

So another week has gone by and we are still a couple of players light fingers crossed something happens next week. I'm not as confident as I'd like to be right now. 2 more should sort the starting 11 out kind of feel we might need a couple more after that to add that little bit of depth though.

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah. 

They could play a cryptic game in his first post match presser. 

‘Hogan on the bench and Conlon named as captain Micky, is that for today or a permanent change?’

(Taps his nose)  - ‘look with your eyes.’

‘I have, and he’s not Captain and Tom is’

‘Well there you go. As I always say,  if you can’t change the captain

- change the Captain. 

‘I don’t know what that means.’

‘Work it out.’

‘Is Tom the Captain.’

’You tell me’

’Thanks for your time Micky’ 

I mean it would be a bit weird if he told someone to find someone a new club then a few months later picked them as captain in the opening game but I know logical thinking is tough for some of you lot.

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Trying to stear this thread back away from the attention seeker

So another week has gone by and we are still a couple of players light fingers crossed something happens next week. I'm not as confident as I'd like to be right now. 2 more should sort the starting 11 out kind of feel we might need a couple more after that to add that little bit of depth though.

Still hopeful we will use the loan market in the next couple of weeks to at least bolster the squad with a couple who are better than what we currently have. Might not be in time for next week but we should be ok.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

The bit where someone, presumably not Hogan, leaked to the Oldham Times that he would not be captain regardless if he stayed at the club or not.

Why is that MM's fault unless you are accusing him of leaking it? How should we have found out?

Wow in the spirit of debate I tried to see your point of view but you have proper done my head in :)

Anyway back to the title of the thread, there isn't many rumours of signings which I can't work out if that is a good or bad thing.

Are we better at keeping them under wraps or just no signings imminent.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

In 2002 when Dowie took over, he kept Duxbury as club captain but named Matt Appleby as team captain as Duxbury wasn't expected to get as much game time - as it turned out, I think he played a lot more than Appleby.

Mellon could have done that, I suppose, but he clearly wants him gone.

Walters and Dalby are available...

3 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Why is that MM's fault unless you are accusing him of leaking it? How should we have found out?

Wow in the spirit of debate I tried to see your point of view but you have proper done my head in :)

Anyway back to the title of the thread, there isn't many rumours of signings which I can't work out if that is a good or bad thing.

Are we better at keeping them under wraps or just no signings imminent.

Like I said, we didn't need to find out, it would have happened originally, but look, I am wrong, Saint Micky is right, let's go win the league.

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

PS I reckon Hogan's reaction to it has been proper professional and probably gona get him a medal when we storm the league

He has to be fair, he came across really well on I had trials Pod and said he completely understood why Mick wanted to change things. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Save me trawling. Anyone recall the names of the young  attacking midfielder, whose dad worked with MM, and the Oldham-born keeper we were linked with

Slicker would be the keeper can't recall the midfielder.

When did disagreement become something that had to be repeated over and over ad nauseam, verging on trolling?

I’m on the fence about MM, not at all convinced, but manage not to post a dozen times a day pointing it out.

Probably should report myself to the mods. 

Edited by Crusoe
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I’m on the fence about MM, not at all convinced, but manage not to post a dozen times a day pointing it out

This is where I am, but it’s tedious looking for every angle to dig him out before a ball has been kicked. 

7 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

Probably should report myself to the mods. 

😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

So another week has gone by and we are still a couple of players light fingers crossed something happens next week.

I'm not as confident as I'd like to be right now. 2 more should sort the starting 11 out kind of feel we might need a couple more after that to add that little bit of depth though.

We have Norwood and Kay in the gym and Garner a little further out. 

An additional two more as you say and I’ll be  more confident that we have a chance of being up there.