Transfer Rumours 24/25

14 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Why so cryptic? Spit out what you've read.We too might be interested. 

“I’ll bring him there now mate. He’s a striker that doesn’t score goals, Anne Boleyn would win more headers, doesn’t press, 1 goal in 36 League appearances last season. Please take him.“

from Wrexham however he’s played a lot of games for them so manager who is probably in the same style as Mellon rates him. 

10 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

“I’ll bring him there now mate. He’s a striker that doesn’t score goals, Anne Boleyn would win more headers, doesn’t press, 1 goal in 36 League appearances last season. Please take him.“

from Wrexham however he’s played a lot of games for them so manager who is probably in the same style as Mellon rates him. 

Sounds just like Nuttall. 

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Mullin is injured, they need him at present. 

They are signing another striker soon. Still have no idea if this Dalby rumour is true though. 

So we’ve Norwood and Garner out next to weeks at least. I think it’s Kay out too. So much for hitting the ground running. We need a strong start and I hope we can manage it without the full compliment 

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Why so cryptic? Spit out what you've read.We too might be interested. 

He'a a striker that doesn't score. The reviews from the Wrexham fans are similar to what you would expect about a goal keeper that concedes 7 goals a game.

Wiki entry

I mean he wont make an impact in L1 for Wrexham but we don't need that we need someone who can compliment our strikers in the National League.

He was 1 in 4 at Southend prior to hus time at Wrexham and hes still relatively young so he might get better we might just be able to provide the right environment for him to flourish who knows.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

If Dalby is so bad, why did Wrexham exercise the option to extend his contract? Or give him enough games to trigger another year? A bit part player in EFL could be pretty useful in the NL playing more regularly.

On 8/2/2024 at 7:37 PM, Crusoe said:

When did disagreement become something that had to be repeated over and over ad nauseam, verging on trolling?

I’m on the fence about MM, not at all convinced, but manage not to post a dozen times a day pointing it out.

Probably should report myself to the mods. 

I'll report you. you fanny. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, penrhyn said:

He is a good player given a proper run of games would be great for us . Real handfull, mobile and strong . I said last week he would be perfect foil for Norwood .

Reckon he's worth a 3 month loan.I'm sure Mickeys  done his due diligence if he does come.

One for the boo boys at very least.

From a Wrexham supporting pal: 'If Dalby doesn't have to be your main source of goals he can be useful, I think his link-up play is tidy. But, because the manager loves him, he gets a bad rep'

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Not really. 

Nuttall had bagged a fair few at Scunny. One goal in 36 is dreadful. 

It may well be a bad record on the face of it but we aren't going to go and buy League 2's top scorer from last season or NLN top scorer from last (fingers burnt with Willoughby) for that matter. We are going to have to take a punt on a player with potential and Dalby could well click with us. 

Look at Mullin when he left Tranmere at 23, struggled to find a club after scoring about a goal every 10 games at Swindon and Tranmere then bags about 40 in a season for Cambridge, not looked back since, players develop at different rates and this lad may well be on an upward trajectory and at some stage we will have to take a punt, it may work it may not but we are going to have to kiss a few frogs to find the right one. From the little I can remember of him he would link the team up well which is what we've been missing pre season from the forward players who've been wasteful at times, I know his record is a worry but I'd be happy to take the chance particularly as he seems the perfect foil for a Norwood or a Garner.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It may well be a bad record on the face of it but we aren't going to go and buy League 2's top scorer from last season or NLN top scorer from last (fingers burnt with Willoughby) for that matter. We are going to have to take a punt on a player with potential and Dalby could well click with us. 

Look at Mullin when he left Tranmere at 23, struggled to find a club after scoring about a goal every 10 games at Swindon and Tranmere then bags about 40 in a season for Cambridge, not looked back since, players develop at different rates and this lad may well be on an upward trajectory and at some stage we will have to take a punt, it may work it may not but we are going to have to kiss a few frogs to find the right one. From the little I can remember of him he would link the team up well which is what we've been missing pre season from the forward players who've been wasteful at times, I know his record is a worry but I'd be happy to take the chance particularly as he seems the perfect foil for a Norwood or a Garner.

Aye, fair post. 

Lots of contributing factors go into whether a move works or not- he would be a punt, but we can’t afford two Norwood wages so it what it is. 

Was listening to stick to football (I know) and both Neville and Keane (I know) stated that if you miss a full pre season you never feel like you catch up. 

With Norwood and Garner missing the full pre season, and the ages of both of them, I am seriously worried about the amount of goals we are going to score. 

Kay and Jes don’t score many, the midfield in general don’t score many with only Gardner maybe being an exception. 

Our only source of goals is Fondop and that’s a huge worry.