Transfer Rumours 24/25

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Was listening to stick to football (I know) and both Neville and Keane (I know) stated that if you miss a full pre season you never feel like you catch up. 

With Norwood and Garner missing the full pre season, and the ages of both of them, I am seriously worried about the amount of goals we are going to score. 

Kay and Jes don’t score many, the midfield in general don’t score many with only Gardner maybe being an exception. 

Our only source of goals is Fondop and that’s a huge worry. 

Yes, that's what prompted my post on the BPAS thread - I listened to it too and it raised concern, especially given their age...

38 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yes, that's what prompted my post on the BPAS thread - I listened to it too and it raised concern, especially given their age...

Yeah seen your similar post after posting the above. 

We can’t be relying on Reid and Fondop that’s for sure. 

On 8/5/2024 at 5:51 PM, BradKnowles1 said:

“I’ll bring him there now mate. He’s a striker that doesn’t score goals, Anne Boleyn would win more headers, doesn’t press, 1 goal in 36 League appearances last season. Please take him.“

from Wrexham however he’s played a lot of games for them so manager who is probably in the same style as Mellon rates him. 

That’s floored me ‘Ann Boleyn would win more headers’ very funny 😂 

17 minutes ago, meat pie sausage roll said:

That’s floored me ‘Ann Boleyn would win more headers’ very funny 😂 

To come up with a history themed footy joke is comedy gold . I proper laughed out loud.

On 8/5/2024 at 4:07 PM, oafcmb said:

Good player at Southend. How reliable is this? 

Yes, he was.

I think he was a better player than what his stats suggested at Southend. He didn't settle because we were going through managers like a dose of salts at the time. Once Kevin Maher came in we started seeing good things, then Wrexham signed him. Seemed to have a solid first season with them. Not good in league 2. The NL might be his level.

Based on his time at the Hall, a team player rather than an all out striker, good link up play, finishing was a bit wtf at times but also popular with the fans. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daniel said:

A full back? Seems a strange one.

No backup for Ogle and Kitching really so im not against it. The biggest problem i have is where are the attacking players coming in

11 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

No backup for Ogle and Kitching really so im not against it. The biggest problem i have is where are the attacking players coming in

Sutton and Hobson are fine as back up at RB and Jes has played Kitchings position the last 2 games. Seems a waste to me. 

1 minute ago, daniel said:

Sutton and Hobson are fine as back up at RB and Jes has played Kitchings position the last 2 games. Seems a waste to me. 

Not for me. Jes is a proper winger. Sutton cant kick a ball and Hobson meh at RB. Still though i would like to see some attacking players coming in 

58 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Rumours of Jake Caprice 

Would be a very good signing for the squad if true.  Mainly played RWB in Exeter's League 2 promotion-winning team but can also fill in at LWB.  Would be very good competition for Ogle and Kitching, maybe even starting ahead of them.

Also played in Mellon's promotion-winning Tranmere team.

19 minutes ago, daniel said:

We need players who actually play in the correct positions. Also means we have no competition in a position that lacked any quality last year. Played a decent number of games at L1 last year. Good addition if so. Still feel we are a playmaker, winger and a striker short. 

10 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We need players who actually play in the correct positions. Also means we have no competition in a position that lacked any quality last year. Played a decent number of games at L1 last year. Good addition if so. Still feel we are a playmaker, winger and a striker short. 

I’m not opposed to the signing, and competition is great but MM says the budget is nearly gone and I agree with you in that we are shorter elsewhere, so would rather strengthen there.