Transfer Rumours 24/25

Just now, daniel said:

I’m not opposed to the signing, and competition is great but MM says the budget is nearly gone and I agree with you in that we are shorter elsewhere, so would rather strengthen there. 

We still need some depth. One player to cover both full backs who is an actual fullback I thinks sensible personally 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We still need some depth. One player to cover both full backs who is an actual fullback I thinks sensible personally 

Yes and he has played at a higher level so hopefully a decent steady signing if true.

I would love though that OAFC themselves got there first and announced a signing before it is ruined by the ITK lads because I have already googled him and awaiting the confirmation drags on forever.

Caprice can play anywhere up both the right and left hand sides, so a player of his calibre who can play in so many different positions would be very useful indeed. 

Also if we're gonna start the season with wing backs, and we are able to use up to five subs, we're probably gonna want to sub then both off at some point to save them getting too tired and being susceptible to late goals. 

Wise move if so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Sutton and Hobson are fine as back up at RB and Jes has played Kitchings position the last 2 games. Seems a waste to me. 

They're not really, especially as wing backs, and I'd rather not go back to square pegs in round holes. 

People have said we lack depth. This would give us depth in a problem position 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

I have a feeling Mellon is not 100% on Kitching and looking for an upgrade, he's favoured Uchegbulam last couple of games even though Kitching had been flying previous. I suppose Kitchings alarming dip in form back end of last season would also still be at the back of his mind. This also emphasises Mellons view that we are always trying to improve. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Same source who told me about Caprice says Dalby is a no go atm after a bid last week was turned down. 

Stones another bid has been made 

Said anything about Khan? 

1 minute ago, diggleblue said:

Really glad the club has stopped those stupid cryptic videos before a signing is announced although a picture of a pile of rocks/stones would be nice.

Haha or a pint of bitter

15 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Otis khan next to be announced 

Caprice,  Khan and a striker (preferably  Stones) makes this look a strong squad.

Be amazed if we don't see outgoings, permanent or loans.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Really glad the club has stopped those stupid cryptic videos before a signing is announced although a picture of a pile of rocks/stones would be nice.

Oh sod off they are great just abit of fun.

Hope we do one when we sign Stones....

I hope we have Mick and Keef doing satisfaction.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

So where does Peroni play??

My son messaged me once saying "we've got Korev"

I thought we had signed a player from Eastern Europe, he meant it was the name of the lager he was drinking in Cornwall :)

• Like 1

Can you have too much experience? Still think we need some younger legs in midfield and up front but MM seems to be very much in the older ex EFL camp. Short term so needs to work this season.

5 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Can you have too much experience? Still think we need some younger legs in midfield and up front but MM seems to be very much in the older ex EFL camp. Short term so needs to work this season.

Perhaps the younger legs will be with loan signings