Transfer Rumours 24/25

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

If Otis Khan has shown up well in pre-season and we haven't done the deal for whatever reason I'd have thought someone else would have come in for him.

He was at the match on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He was at the match on Saturday. 

Yes, I know.  It seems pretty clear that we want to sign h m but it appears that we may not be able to.  Not sure how long he'd want to remain unemployed for

Pure unfounded speculation, but I wonder if there was a move to sell Hudson, freeing up funds for Khan and perhaps Stones. If the latter is no longer available, and the former is too valuable (especially given Norman's drop in form) it may be out of reach unless we can shift somebody else from the wage bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

Pure unfounded speculation, but I wonder if there was a move to sell Hudson, freeing up funds for Khan and perhaps Stones. If the latter is no longer available, and the former is too valuable (especially given Norman's drop in form) it may be out of reach unless we can shift somebody else from the wage bill.

I can’t imagine Khan would be hanging around without the offer of a deal. 
Think it will become clearer in the next week or two when maybe the futures of possibly Reid, Hogan & Norman have been decided.

Reckon there’ll be more movement in out…..Rather like a chain when buying a house?

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Cos he’s coming here!!😆

Even if it’s a 1% chance I’m clinging on to the hope.

Personally I’d rather have Jonny Smith from them instead but he was a big part of their first team last season.

out of contract at the end of this season so one for next season when we win promotion 

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t imagine Khan would be hanging around without the offer of a deal. 
Think it will become clearer in the next week or two when maybe the futures of possibly Reid, Hogan & Norman have been decided.

Reckon there’ll be more movement in out…..Rather like a chain when buying a house?

l reckon the futures of Hogan, Reid and Norman have already been decided..

4 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Caprice missed the whole of last season I believe so has probably took what he could get 

Thought he played most of the season and considering it was at a higher level I doubt he's come cheap.

7 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

l reckon the futures of Hogan, Reid and Norman have already been decided..

Yep they'll be turning out midweek in the B team Cup then fighting over the last seat or two on the bench come Saturday, can't see any of them being played with any regularity in the first team particularly when Norwood, Garner and Kay return, that's before we strengthen further.

All three seem content to pick up their pay for the final year of their contracts which is their perogative and I think that's what will happen. Nobody would want Norman and Hogan and Reid have shown no inclination to want to move on for first team football.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep they'll be turning out midweek in the B team Cup then fighting over the last seat or two on the bench come Saturday, can't see any of them being played with any regularity in the first team particularly when Norwood, Garner and Kay return, that's before we strengthen further.

All three seem content to pick up their pay for the final year of their contracts which is their perogative and I think that's what will happen. Nobody would want Norman and Hogan and Reid have shown no inclination to want to move on for first team football.

Reid and Hogan will play about twenty matches score the odd goal and pick up a medal. seems decent.

Norman be gone soon.

Once Garner, Fay & Norwood return I don’t think even with 7 subs Reid would make the bench and we’d have to have an horrendous injury list for Hogan to start a game.

Apart from 15 minutes on Saturday Reid hasn’t played a competitive match for about 8 months which is not ideal should he want to carry on in the game.

I think Hogan will probably want to move on now if his severance can be agreed. They are both very fit lads so I’m fairly confident both will be gone soon.

No idea what the crack is with Norman?

55 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Reid and Hogan will play about twenty matches score the odd goal and pick up a medal. seems decent.

Norman be gone soon.

12 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Once Garner, Fay & Norwood return I don’t think even with 7 subs Reid would make the bench and we’d have to have an horrendous injury list for Hogan to start a game.

Apart from 15 minutes on Saturday Reid hasn’t played a competitive match for about 8 months which is not ideal should he want to carry on in the game.

I think Hogan will probably want to move on now if his severance can be agreed. They are both very fit lads so I’m fairly confident both will be gone soon.

No idea what the crack is with Norman?

two very differing predictions there..

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It might be different in non league but I think you can only play for two clubs in one season.

I found this on t’interweb 👍

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs.

9 hours ago, penrhyn said:

Hartlepool and two other clubs in talks with Gary Madine.

York & Fleetwood apparently.

He’s been involved in 3 acts of violence and jailed for one of them and just last year was involved in a police car chase for which he’s on a suspended sentence.

No thanks…we don’t need the disruptive influence of a nut case!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

York & Fleetwood apparently.

He’s been involved in 3 acts of violence and jailed for one of them and just last year was involved in a police car chase for which he’s on a suspended sentence.

No thanks…we don’t need the disruptive influence of a nut case!

Sounds like a Barry project 

• Like 1