Darren Royle Interview

11 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can't see how any stats system can play any part whatsoever in failing to recruit for specific positions. No stats system tells anyone to sign half a dozen strikers but not to bother about a right back.

Darren told us otherwise, but hey ho. Looks like Micky has got his way and they’ve binned it. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Stats bomb wasn’t working.  

So you say! You have no proof of this. You don't know how it was used, you don't know how influential it was, you don't know what the plan is with it in the future.

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

So you say! You have no proof of this. You don't know how it was used, you don't know how influential it was, you don't know what the plan is with it in the future.

Nope.

I do have proof. 

I do know how it works. 

I do know how it’s implemented. 

I know those things- because Darren said it publicly. 

He explained two seasons ago. . how it works, how it will be implemented and the potential benefits. 

Im then going off what Micky said multiple times in the media, about  knowing what good looks like, and saying publicly the board are lovely people but they’ve made mistakes. 

I’m then going off what Darren said in his most recent interview where he explicitly said Mellon and the head of recruitment will look after recruitment. 

All of this makes perfect sense when you read and listen to what the club tells you over a period of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

can't see how any stats system can play any part whatsoever in failing to recruit for specific positions. No stats system tells anyone to sign half a dozen strikers but not to bother about a right back

This.

CEO is the senior operational manager. I'd expect him to constructively challenge his staff. Why do you want to do X?, what benefit does it bring? What does it cost?, what are the downsides?

I'd expect a degree of strategic workforce planning too. What formations/ style do we aspire to play?

How do the players we have fit in to that system?

Who is surplus?, who has potential to develop? How do we develop them?

What do we need to recruit?

It doesn't take a football genius to see we had an oversized and unbalanced squad.

Lets see who is on the books at the beginning of July before we get too excited about the third season of our non league apprenticeship.

47 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Darren told us otherwise, but hey ho. Looks like Micky has got his way and they’ve binned it. 

He told us it said don't bother signing a right back??

3 hours ago, Longlostfan said:

This.

CEO is the senior operational manager. I'd expect him to constructively challenge his staff. Why do you want to do X?, what benefit does it bring? What does it cost?, what are the downsides?

I'd expect a degree of strategic workforce planning too. What formations/ style do we aspire to play?

How do the players we have fit in to that system?

Who is surplus?, who has potential to develop? How do we develop them?

What do we need to recruit?

It doesn't take a football genius to see we had an oversized and unbalanced squad.

Let’s see who is on the books at the beginning of July before we get too excited about the third season of our non league apprenticeship.

It would appear most on here believe everything is binary. Recruitment is delegated and therefore those at the top of the business do not have any control over recruitment and it’s not their fault if it goes wrong. As an example.

That’s obviously not the way any business (including this one) is run 

19 hours ago, nzlatic said:

I remember DU saying how great it was for ticking all the boxes he required. That worked out well didn't it?