9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Unfortunately, he's built up a lot of resentment from fans with his back foot tactics, the same fans who see no change and defeats at early home matches will be there to let him and the players hear what they think in no uncertain terms.

As you say though if we win the vast majority of home matches they will be subdued.

It was ever thus mate. 

Go on a bad run coupled with poor performances he’ll get stick. 

Win football matches the noise stops. 

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'd like to see a young Josh Stones type who will harass defences from the off brought in and Alfie Atherton start as he will certainly strongly run at the opposition with skill and pace.

Sure somebody said we are trying to get him again on a season loan. Be great if we can, he can do the running for Nors. 

Going back to the fans forum and particularly the bits that got my goat and the references to the effect that the fans can have then maybe he could of answered the question why he and his team bottled it in Frank's homecoming match in front of 11k plus positive crowd, not a boo or a jeer to be heard in front of the biggest crowd in the division last year yet we hardly broke sweat and rolled over to a team that ultimately got relegated with games to play, in the forum he referenced Frank's achievement yet sent out a team who played on the back foot in cruise control and we had two shots at goal all day one of those being Sheron's goal, was all that the fans fault as well because that was a massive missed opportunity on a number of levels.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

yet sent out a team who played on the back foot in cruise control and we had two shots at goal all day one of those being Sheron's goal

"Sit back lads, let them run at us. Don't break a sweat, and avoid having shots"

Yeah, sounds likely.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

"Sit back lads, let them run at us. Don't break a sweat, and avoid having shots"

Yeah, sounds likely.

Yes it's weird isn't it, in much the same way the season then fizzled out after that game.

3 minutes ago, PhilStarbucksSilkySkills said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already, but does anyone have any suspicions about what the massive annoucement was that Luke Rothwell wanted to make, but couldn't?

I think an update has been scuppered by the General Election announcement. It's probably with regards to developing the empty space in the OEC and little Wembley in to some sort of sporting education facility in conjunction with the Council, Luke seems quite excited by the plans so fingers crossed it can move us closer towards the self sufficient club the Rothwells are aiming for. That's my understanding of it anyway.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I think an update has been scuppered by the General Election announcement. It's probably with regards to developing the empty space in the OEC and little Wembley in to some sort of sporting education facility in conjunction with the Council, Luke seems quite excited by the plans so fingers crossed it can move us closer towards the self sufficient club the Rothwells are aiming for. That's my understanding of it anyway.

Let’s hope it isn’t scuppered by the election results as Sportspark 2000 was!