@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

So 13 which is certainly enough for a little gathering although experience tells me that there is little prospect of all being available at the same time

Wide range of abilities so no point in trying to play at a really tough course - no fun for anyone

Two need buggies, not a a problem.  I imagine you'd share one and split the cost

Date to be set.  Most likely on a Friday afternoon the day before a home game.  Will have a look when the fixtures come out.  To give plenty of notice would be towards the end of next season and probably after the clocks change, so next April.  That will help those who would travel (including me!)

Obviously not looking for commitment at this point but an indication of genuine interest would be handy.

If anyone wants to suggest any other venues, bearing in mind this is supposed to be fund for all!, please message me.

I'm definitely in. If next season is anything like the last (please no!) then the golf and a few beers in the evening will be the fun part of the weekend!

I agree towards the end of the season would be better, hopefully better weather and after the clocks have gone forward.

Posted (edited)

No problem with paying for a buggy or sharing the cost if another needs one.Saddleworth is a nice course with lovely views and on the short 15th we used to have nearest the flag and put a couple of quid in to make it more interesting. Also nice clubhouse with plenty of outside tables .I'm in it for a good day out and just a bit of fun hopefully hit a few decent shots and meet others on here.

Edited by Flemboy

17 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

No problem with paying for a buggy or sharing the cost if another needs one.Saddleworth is a nice course with lovely views and on the short 15th we used to have nearest the flag and put a couple of quid in to make it more interesting. Also nice clubhouse with plenty of outside tables .I'm in it for a good day out and just a bit of fun hopefully hit a few decent shots and meet others on here.

I was the first ever junior captain at Saddleworth (1977).  One from my era made a living as a pro and still does - pro at Rochdale GC

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Right. here's the plan.

These are interested

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

So 13 which is certainly enough for a little gathering although experience tells me that there is little prospect of all being available at the same time

Wide range of abilities so no point in trying to play at a really tough course - no fun for anyone

Two need buggies, not a a problem.  I imagine you'd share one and split the cost

Date to be set.  Most likely on a Friday afternoon the day before a home game.  Will have a look when the fixtures come out.  To give plenty of notice would be towards the end of next season and probably after the clocks change, so next April.  That will help those who would travel (including me!)

Obviously not looking for commitment at this point but an indication of genuine interest would be handy.

If anyone wants to suggest any other venues, bearing in mind this is supposed to be fund for all!, please message me.

Looking forward to it, also anybody who is looking for a round of golf anytime after work or the odd weekend local to Oldham let us know, going to get a round or two in hopefully over the summer, always good to have company and meet some fellow latics fans.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Right. here's the plan.

These are interested

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

Sounds like a plan Dave. 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Right. here's the plan.

These are interested

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

Count me in, dates permitting. 

Gives plenty of time to practice 😂

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Count me in, dates permitting. 

Gives plenty of time to practice 😂

I'll donate £30 to the charity of the winners choosing.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Working on it.  Likely date is 21 March (day before we play Halifax at home) and I'll be looking for commitments soon.

We're looking at c. £30 including bacon buttie and coffee (or similar) with buggies available for an extra £30

Edited by Dave_Og
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Working on it.  Likely date is 21 March (day before we play Halifax at home) and I'll be looking for commitments soon.

We're looking at c. £30 including bacon buttie and coffee (or similar) with buggies available for an extra £30

Where you looking to book pal? 

Tagging everyone who has shown an interest.

Can you please PM me to confirm whether you can commit to playing on 21 March?

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

@Pidge

@Laticfanatic

I think we'd need to get double figures or close to make it a thing

Anybody interested who is not tagged, feel free to PM me as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

@Pidge

@Laticfanatic

Still interested, what’s the cut off date you need to know by ? 

Appreciate asap. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Still interested, what’s the cut off date you need to know by ? 

Appreciate asap. 

Nothing definitive but I'd like to get it nailed down by, say, the end of August.  I've too much experience in organising events to think that if people haven't committed by then they will do so later and if I have to start chasing for it then it's a non-starter

Edited by Dave_Og

On 5/22/2024 at 11:07 AM, Dave_Og said:

I was the first ever junior captain at Saddleworth (1977).  One from my era made a living as a pro and still does - pro at Rochdale GC

Count me in .I'll  pay for a buggy before if required 

On 7/24/2024 at 8:37 AM, Dave_Og said:

@LightDN123

@PeteG

@pcassist

@shaw_blue

@League one forever

@disjointed

@LaticsLegend

@Worcester Owl

@Stainrod

@BradKnowles1

@Flemboy

@dannyboy55555

@Pidge

@Laticfanatic

Thanks to those that have messaged.  As at now we are just 7 but hopefully more to confirm

Up to 9 now which would be enough if all confirm when I have the details, hopefully next week, but room for more.

The scary bit coming soon when I have to ask for your real names... :)

• Like 3