Pete Wild gone from Barrow

4 hours ago, League one forever said:

Careful BD. 

Running/grafting isn’t rated on here. 

If you dare mention it- you’re #anoldhamfanlovesarunnerlad. 

Good to see Mellon (with 5 promotions) actually agrees that it’s quite important- I’d also note that the original Runner - Paul Warne has gone to have 4 promotions as a manager. 

It’s almost like running and grafting is important, either that or 9 promotions is just technical players passing it to each other with pin point precision for 90 minutes, and thus negating any need for anybody to run. 

I remember going to watch Barcelona in 2005. They played Real Betis at home. Laziest, couldn’t-be-arsed team ever. Ronaldhino, Xavi and E’to stood around with their hands on hips all match whilst Deco did all the heavy lifting. Embarrassingly funny.

Betis had the best midfield player I’ve ever seen that day. Marcus Assunção. Literally ran the show with rangey, laser-accurate passes. Baller.

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Absolutely. Let’s face it, only 2 out of 24 teams will get promoted, so that fact alone illustrates that getting back into L2 won’t be easy. But it takes a colossal amount of pessimism to write off the season before it’s even bloody well begun!!

A manager who's had everything he's asked for and struggled, player's that can't be arsed, budget bashed to hell, an owner that must be wondering if he did the right thing?

Yes, there's alot to mull over before anyone gets carried away ever again 

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

A manager who's had everything he's asked for and struggled, player's that can't be arsed, budget bashed to hell, an owner that must be wondering if he did the right thing?

Yes, there's alot to mull over before anyone gets carried away ever again 

Do you actually consider it a blessing or a burden that you wake up in a morning?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you actually consider it a blessing or a burden that you wake up in a morning?

Every day holds it's own magic

Let's hope we see some at BP and then my fleeting day's will be far better

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Writing the season off before we've even made a signing is hilariously pessimistic even for this place

Oldham Sunday League are still playing their finals so even though our league has finished in my eyes the football season isn't even over yet. :)

There will be signings and players leaving so once that starts to happen we will have plenty of debate then

9 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Writing the season off before we've even made a signing is hilariously pessimistic even for this place

I think the best chance we had has already come and gone, so has most of the budget,

Starting a new season on the back foot will be even harder, call it realism and a much dampened down expectation.

We already know the drill

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I think the best chance we had has already come and gone, so has most of the budget,

Starting a new season on the back foot will be even harder, call it realism and a much dampened down expectation.

Let's wait and see what this summer brings we don't know how this is going to play out yet. I know that it can feel abit "here we go again" with how last season finished, we aren't the luckiest set of fans in the world and I do wonder if their are Oldham fans going round intentionally driving over black cats and walking under ladders on a daily basis. But let's see what happens.

I don't think the Rothwells took this project on with the notion that if we fail at the first attempt we are going to give up, and go full Simon Corney on us. It's a long time in football terms to the start of next season and things could look alot different then.

Edited by GlossopLatic

9 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We know the drill and we always do the same. New manager, few months, moan, sack, repeat. The knives are already being sharpened by many of those who’s minds are already made up, ready to plunge it in if we don’t have a ‘good start’. 

An experienced manager is at the helm who has a track record of promotion. Hopefully we’ll do something different and give him a full season. Just to see if something different happens. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Call it pessimism.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Do you set the budget ? Do you know the budget ? 

This idea we have spent all the budget is absolutely baffling and insulting to Frank and his family. 

Like I have said previously, if they have wasted all their funds on the first summer transfer window we are in trouble. Be they haven't, because they are not stupid. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Agree with the sentiment, but for 30 years we've signed 100's of players, how many we thought were good turned out crap, how many we thought were crap turned out good, and how many crap were crap. The two former you can probabl count on one hand!! I'm certainly not going to get carried away with any signings, no matter who they are. I prefer realistic!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

This idea we have spent all the budget is absolutely baffling and insulting to Frank and his family. 

Like I have said previously, if they have wasted all their funds on the first summer transfer window we are in trouble. Be they haven't, because they are not stupid. 

Frank hasn't wasted anything, others have seen to that but like I have said previously, nothing lasts indefinitely, especially when it comes down to money.

All that's left is goodwill on Franks part and if ever that's taken for granted like his money has, God help us and the club.

Frank hasn't wasted anything, others have seen to that but like I have said previously, nothing lasts indefinitely, especially when it comes down to money.

All that's left is goodwill on Franks part and if ever that's taken for granted like his money has, God help us and the club.

So you also believe that Frank has made a certain proportion of his wealth available and has no idea who is spending what and when ?

You can’t believe what you are saying, surely ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

So you also believe that Frank has made a certain proportion of his wealth available and has no idea who is spending what and when ?

You can’t believe what you are saying, surely ? 

I have no idea at all of what Frank has or has not and neither do you.

My own belief is that as a business man, regardless of sentiment, there's no way he'll continue footing avoidable management losses and their failure to deliver the success required to bring in much needed income to help sustain the club.

That's why after two year's of zero return and huge outlay on his part, I think this season could be make or break.

We cannot afford to remain as a non league club.

We cannot afford to remain as a non league club

Why can't we?

Plenty of ex lge clubs in this division.

My own belief is that as a business man, regardless of sentiment, there's no way he'll continue footing avoidable management losses and their failure to deliver the success required to bring in much needed income to help sustain the club.

So being a business man means success is guaranteed? You sort of imply that because he is a successful business man he has some higher intelligence-OK given that:- 

Do you really think he had no idea what he was getting himself into when he took the decision to invest?

Do you really think that looking around at other(many) football clubs he thought this is instant success?

Do you really think that given the recent Chron article about much bigger plans for BP he is only in it for the short term?

You can make a much stronger case that being a successful business man you would never go near a football club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Why can't we?

Plenty of ex lge clubs in this division.

The longer we remain at this level, the less income is generated and the more Frank will have to pay out, from what some imagine, is his forever flowing waterfall of gold.

So being a business man means success is guaranteed? You sort of imply that because he is a successful business man he has some higher intelligence-OK given that:- 

Unless you've done the same or have the same, I'd most certainly see him as streets above most nine to fivers, wouldn't you?

Do you really think he had no idea what he was getting himself into when he took the decision to invest?

He wasn't investing, he was saving the club from extinction and not because of the money, because it means more to him.

Do you really think that looking around at other(many) football clubs he thought this is instant success?

It all depends on what you define as instant success,

I can't speak for Frank but for me, that would have been, having a well backed manager with a competitive team, having the hope of making the play-offs.

Frank has kept his part of the bargain for 2 season's and has nothing to show for it, except a much smaller bank balance.

Do you really think that given the recent Chron article about much bigger plans for BP he is only in it for the short term?

Things in life can change in an instant, we all know that, there are no guarantees ever.

You can make a much stronger case that being a successful business man you would never go near a football club.

Be thankful that his inner emotions took over and he took the plunge,

Unless you have a brilliant youth set up and produce decent home grown player's to sell on for good money or have a good cup run, there really isn't many ways of breaking even at any football club.

That doesn't mean that anyone who becomes involved in one, will stick to a project that could leave them financially broke. 

Let's hope it never comes to that.

21 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s not an idea or made up. 

The manager told us, unless he was publicly lying- and just trying to insult the family. . .