Pete Wild gone from Barrow

55 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s not an idea or made up. 

The manager told us, unless he was publicly lying- and just trying to insult the family. . . 

So you believe the owners havnt set aside a budget for this season and spunked it all in the first summer transfer window for the next 3 years ? 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

So you believe the owners havnt set aside a budget for this season and spunked it all in the first summer transfer window for the next 3 years ? 

I’ve no idea mate. From the noises the club make-  my guess is they have overspent, not to ridiculous ‘we can’t sign anyone’ levels but relative significant levels. The squad size over the last two seasons tells you that. As does Luke saying at the forum that family are still putting in 6 figures a month to make up the shortfall between income and outgoings

The manager told us when he came in,  that he would need to respect what the family have already spent in terms of signings players in Jan, (he got 3 contracted) he then told us again at the end of the season that signing players this summer would be really difficult with 19 already contracted. So he’ll need to wheel and deal. 

Are we going bust- no. 

Are we reigning in spending - from what the club and the manager says- it looks like it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Also - that is no bad thing. Darren and the manager need to get far better bang for their buck than we previously have. A lot of money has gone down the drain on players who have hardly featured for a number of reasons. 

Leaner spending, better recruiting, smaller squad with everyone contributing. Sounds very sensible to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

If we've overspent it's because they made a bad decision hiring and backing Unsworth.

The worst part must have been having to pay up the rest of his contract, I bet Frank would have rather of made a big bonfire of notes.

Money that could have been spent on better player's,

You really can't put a price on failure.

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The worst part must have been having to pay up the rest of his contract, I bet Frank would have rather of made a big bonfire of notes.

Money that could have been spent on better player's,

You really can't put a price on failure.

Anyone owning a football club should accept and understand that sometimes you’ll hire the wrong manager and sometimes you’ll sign the wrong players. 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Anyone owning a football club should accept and understand that sometimes you’ll hire the wrong manager and sometimes you’ll sign the wrong players. 

And sometimes you’ll do both!!😂😂

• Like 1