22 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's a beauty isn't it!

I hope he arrived in a jeep and in Double Denim before knocking back a fosters and throwing a shrimp on the barbie.

Shrimp are tossed and not merely thrown onto the barbie. sometimes off the back of a Ute.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Yeah I'm not going to bother trying to judge any individual signing. It's easier to do that if its an individual coming into a settled team, but as we basically need to put together a whole team I'm not going to think about it until I see them play together!

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Kitch

Hammond

Norwood

Garner

already form a very tasty spine of a team for me. and l know best so nerrr. is Green still with us?

4 hours ago, Boyyou said:

It's used alongside traditional eyes-on scouting, is constantly updated and, by all accounts, is particularly useful for data analyists to run the rule over the opposition- again alongside traditional scouting.

Incidentally, how much is StatsBomb costing you as it is a subscription service?

I used a similar free one called Kaggle as a one off.  You can download the spreadsheet to excel and search by various methods.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Money choice maybe?

remember his performances, attitude and red card at the end? he was a disgrace the poncey twit. he shuda pretended he was injured or gone and picked up some dogs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Kitch

Hammond

Norwood

Garner

already form a very tasty spine of a team for me. and l know best so nerrr. is Green still with us?

Raglan and Hobson together didn't work too well IMO. I'd be looking at Sutton in his correct  CD position with one of them.

1 minute ago, Monty Burns said:

remember his performances, attitude and red card at the end? he was a disgrace the poncey twit. he shuda pretended he was injured or gone and picked up some dogs.

I liked his no nonsense attitude.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Raglan and Hobson together didn't work too well IMO. I'd be looking at Sutton in his correct  CD position with one of them.

lt will this year tho stop lookin backwards. Will is owed a lot of playing time and a few mistakes by all concerned, great prospect.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet none of them have looked comfortable on the left hand side particularly Raglan who would cut back on to his right side whatever the situation. Hogan has the least ability but at least looked comfortable on the left, for me Hobson or Raglan should be allowed to leave and Sutton stays as cover. Whoever is responsible for Hogan triggering another year has fucked us as he holds us back and we can do better both from a Captain and his limited ability.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Kitch

Hammond

Norwood

Garner

Conlon with a summer to get up to scratch could still be an asset. Thought Lundstram improved towards the end of the season too. Still desperately need a creative player in there though

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I used a similar free one called Kaggle as a one off.  You can download the spreadsheet to excel and search by various methods.

So have you used StatsBomb?

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whoever is responsible for Hogan triggering another year has fucked us as he holds us back and we can do better both from a Captain and his limited ability.

Should they have just dropped him?

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Hudson

Hobson

Raglan

Kitch

Hammond

Norwood

Garner

What I meant was we need to recruit to create a team, rather than recruit a full team. Basically, they didn't play as a team last season, so when you add our new signings to our existing squad, we'll only see if they're capable of playing as a team then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Didn't realise Kaggle were into football.

Thought it was a competition platform for data analysts and researchers 

22 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

John Cooper Clarke called. He wants his Burnley gag back. 😂

First time I ever heard it was him at Glastonbury and it was about Oldham. I was most perturbed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

First time I ever heard it was him at Glastonbury and it was about Oldham. I was most perturbed. 

And he has been to Oldham. On a bill with Elvis Costello and Richard Hell at Queen Elizabeth Hall circa 1978. 

He was third on the bill, but by far the best act.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

So have you used StatsBomb?

Should they have just dropped him?

There would be an argument for doing that just based on his performances and that's before you even consider the triggered deal. Personally I think they should have after all we are not a charity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

And he has been to Oldham. On a bill with Elvis Costello and Richard Hell at Queen Elizabeth Hall circa 1978. 

All about opinions, but Costello is one of the best. 

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There would be an argument for doing that just based on his performances and that's before you even consider the triggered deal. Personally I think they should have after all we are not a charity.

Same behaviour was slated when last owners did it

1 hour ago, Dickie Down said:

Amusing that someone from the cultural metropolis of Salford can have a pop at backward Oldham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

Declan McManus is a prolific striker for TNS. He was linked with a big money move to the Premier League but he was adamant that he didn't want to go to Chelsea 

• Like 1