6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Same behaviour was slated when last owners did it

Not at all, I'm not saying he should of played and trained with the youths and been forced out, he could of been left out of matchday squads though, it's not like we were short of options. It's called business and that chunk of money from his triggered deal which I suspect is 50k plus could of been better spent on someone Mellon wants to work with.

I'm taking the emotion out of it and basing my opinion on what's best for the team going forward. I'd much rather put Hogans wage for instance in to offering Fondop or Green a deal and we'd probably have change as well, if it were your money you wouldn't just allow it particularly if he isnt in the plans for this season as I suspect he isn't as he's been made available and had the captaincy took off him. We've enough right footed centrehalfs on the books and if he stays I see him as probably a squad player at best.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Declan McManus is a prolific striker for TNS. He was linked with a big money move to the Premier League but he was adamant that he didn't want to go to Chelsea 

Neither did Elvis Costello 

12 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

He is. 

On that night, however, he couldn't be arsed. Did forty minutes and no encore.

Yes, he has upset audiences now and again in his career. Australia and the US spring to mind and I don't think he enjoyed playing Glastonbury.

I only saw him live once, he played a gig at my university in 1980 and played for an hour or less then was straight off, no encores and just didn't look as if he wanted to be there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes, he has upset audiences now and again in his career. Australia and the US spring to mind and I don't think he enjoyed playing Glastonbury.

I only saw him live once, he played a gig at my university in 1980 and played for an hour or less then was straight off, no encores and just didn't look as if he wanted to be there.

"Played for an hour or less, straight off, no encores, just didn't look as if he wanted to be there"

Sounds like some of our players!

• Like 5

To bring the thread back on track, who's everyone's favourite Aussie bands?

Got to be the Go-Betweens or The Triffids, right? The former were just about to sign for Rough Trade until the emergance of the Smiths in 1983 gazumped them. Nick Cave's good, but since he's lived in Brighton from about 1986 then I'm not classing him as an Aussie any more.

10 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Got to be the Go-Betweens or The Triffids, right? The former were just about to sign for Rough Trade until the emergance of the Smiths in 1983 gazumped them. Nick Cave's good, but since he's lived in Brighton from about 1986 then I'm not classing him as an Aussie any more.

Mental as Anything 

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Not at all, I'm not saying he should of played and trained with the youths and been forced out, he could of been left out of matchday squads though, it's not like we were short of options. It's called business and that chunk of money from his triggered deal which I suspect is 50k plus could of been better spent on someone Mellon wants to work with.

I'm taking the emotion out of it and basing my opinion on what's best for the team going forward. I'd much rather put Hogans wage for instance in to offering Fondop or Green a deal and we'd probably have change as well, if it were your money you wouldn't just allow it particularly if he isnt in the plans for this season as I suspect he isn't as he's been made available and had the captaincy took off him. We've enough right footed centrehalfs on the books and if he stays I see him as probably a squad player at best.

That's ehat happened to Andy Taylor,  just dropped... and that was out of order as well 

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Men At Work!

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

There are some good Australian bands around at the moment…

Tame Impala, Gang Of Youths, Spacey Jane, Royel Otis to name but four…

16 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

There are some good Australian bands around at the moment…

Tame Impala, Gang Of Youths, Spacey Jane, Royel Otis to name but four…

You've made the last two of those up, haven't you?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ackey said:

The correct answer is, was and always will be simple: Crowded House. 

This sort of claim could start a war. Definitely don’t start talking about the pavlova either. 

I have lived here nearly half my life and never really endeared myself to Aussie music. Mainly because of the accent and also because it is made up of English and Scottish musicians who were never really good enough at home.

Brian Johnson/ACDC being the exception.

Geordie were excellent. Johnson was the only singer that could ever match Bon Scott.

INXS are possibly another.

There is nothing really original though.

No Rainbow, no Marillion, no Dream Theater, no Rush, no Pearl Jam, no Nirvana; nothing that makes you sit up and take notice and say that's different; that's original.

That is, until I heard Powderfinger.

They changed my whole perception on Aussie music.

Odyssey #5 and Vulture Street are masterpieces in their own right. 

Then there are Hunters and Collectors.

Their song Holy Grail is for me the greatest Aussie rock song ever and one of my favourite songs.

Then Hoodoo Gurus, Screaming Jets, Baby Animals, The Church, Icehouse etc.

There are some real gems here, but they are few and far between.

Most Aussie bands tend to be Gimmicky and are only usually ever big here.

Oh. Joe Dolce...

I haven't posted for a while...

11 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I have lived here nearly half my life and never really endeared myself to Aussie music. Mainly because of the accent and also because it is made up of English and Scottish musicians who were never really good enough at home.

Brian Johnson/ACDC being the exception.

Geordie were excellent. Johnson was the only singer that could ever match Bon Scott.

INXS are possibly another.

There is nothing really original though.

No Rainbow, no Marillion, no Dream Theater, no Rush, no Pearl Jam, no Nirvana; nothing that makes you sit up and take notice and say that's different; that's original.

That is, until I heard Powderfinger.

They changed my whole perception on Aussie music.

Odyssey #5 and Vulture Street are masterpieces in their own right. 

Then there are Hunters and Collectors.

Their song Holy Grail is for me the greatest Aussie rock song ever and one of my favourite songs.

Then Hoodoo Gurus, Screaming Jets, Baby Animals, The Church, Icehouse etc.

There are some real gems here, but they are few and far between.

Most Aussie bands tend to be Gimmicky and are only usually ever big here.

Oh. Joe Dolce...

I haven't posted for a while...

The Geordie band record producer Roberto Danova is a good friend of mine.