RIP Phil White (Pud)

Posted (edited)

Heard the sad news tonight that Phil White @philwhite passed away whilst on holiday, posted regularly on here. Followed Latics literally everywhere and one of the nicest most genuine men you could meet, first introduced himself to me at Haydock races years ago, loved his horses and dogs and also followed England home and away.

Condolences to Sue and the family he would be a familiar face to many, RIP Phil.

Edited by yarddog73

Incredibly sad news 

Had known Phil for years and years since he was a lad in Shaw (and proud to be a Gawbie)

True supporter, always there in rain or shine.

He and Sue loved their life , and she deserves all the support and love we can send her.

• Like 1

Really really sad news. An absolutely brilliant lad and a great friend. He was great company, always positive, kind and supportive. He never had a bad word for anyone. Everyone who met him thought he was a great lad. First met him in the early 70s in High Crompton and used to go home and away with him. He will be sadly missed by everyone who had the pleasure to know him. Condolences to Sue, his brothers and all the family.

• Like 2

Truly saddened by Phil's passing. It's been said already but Phil was absolutely one of life's good guys. He will leave a massive hole in the Latics family and will be sorely missed by so many.  Thoughts with Sue and family. Good night my friend but not goodbye. 

Knew Phil and Sue through greyhound racing primarily and can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

They both seemed to enjoy life to the full so perhaps it's sadly fitting that he passed on holiday. 

RIP Phil.

Mrs S, OAFC_OK and I first met Phil and Sue in Hartlepool in July 1987 at a pre-season friendly match, where we were the only away supporters. We hit it off straight away and stood together in the Chaddy from then onwards, experiencing the ‘glory years’ together. Agree with all the tributes – Phil was one of the best! Our thoughts are with Sue and our condolences go to all the family. R.I.P Phil.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil's funeral will be held at Hollinwood Crem on Thursday 20th June at 2.30pm. Followed by a wake at Crompton Cricket Club. The England v Denmark match will be showed as Phil should have been attending that game.

• 2 weeks later...