Anyone else a bit bored.....

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was more a pop at our resident xenophobe. 

Enjoy. I've got tickets for the Lowry. But he's not here until February. 

indeed.  I'm at the usual Leicester Square residency although that's a bit more of a trek than it used to be

2 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

It was more a pop at our resident xenophobe. 

Enjoy. I've got tickets for the Lowry. But he's not here until February. 

indeed.  I'm at the usual Leicester Square residency although that's a bit more of a trek than it used to be

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

The shirt pull happened a split second after the initial contact to the back of his leg I thought. Under current rules I don't see how that isn't a penalty. But there seems to be a pattern of favouring the defending team with some of these decisions (Holland "goal" v France, Germany "goal" v Swiss).

Agreed, it was definitely a penalty, while it might have been a bit of the Scottish player seeking it, the initial clumsy contact from the Hungarian is enough. The Scot lad only pulls on the defenders shirt after contact is made. Regardless, it should have been reviewed at least which is what amazes me the most considering how it is these days, when there are reviews for even the most minor infringements.

On the other hand however.....

Hahaha fuck um! As other have rightly pointed out the vast majority of Scots (even the more sensible ones) will greatly enjoy ourselves being (eventually) knocked out. We'd get no such fair analysis from them if this was us in their shoes.

Edited by Oafc88

20 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Good grief 

Yes,

It really makes me laugh and here's a little tale for you,

An old work colleague of mine is an ardent Celtic supporter, as English as the rest of us but his surname has links to the emerald isle, the vitriol he used to come out with about Rangers and the English, Hun bastards, hope they all rot in hell etc etc, the silly sod even lives in ENGLAND of all places.

I'm born and bred in Oldham and couldn't give a shit about either Celtic or Rangers but I never told him that I was a protestant who turned catholic so that my wife's parents, who were practising Catholics, felt more comfortable about me marrying their daughter 😂

40 years on I'm exactly the same person I ever was and still happily married.

If folk are nice to me, I will be exactly the same towards them, sadly because my family are English, some visits to Scotland and most of all Wales have been totally ruined by nationalists who are still blaming us for what went on before.

They need to get a life and realise that without English funding and tourists, both Scotland and Wales would be nothing.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Yes,

It really makes me laugh and here's a little tale for you,

An old work colleague of mine is an ardent Celtic supporter, as English as the rest of us but his surname has links to the emerald isle, the vitriol he used to come out with about Rangers and the English, Hun bastards, hope they all rot in hell etc etc, the silly sod even lives in ENGLAND of all places.

I'm born and bred in Oldham and couldn't give a shit about either Celtic or Rangers but I never told him that I was a protestant who turned catholic so that my wife's parents, who were practising Catholics, felt more comfortable about me marrying their daughter 😂

40 years on I'm exactly the same person I ever was and still happily married.

If folk are nice to me, I will be exactly the same towards them, sadly because my family are English, some visits to Scotland and most of all Wales have been totally ruined by nationalists who are still blaming us for what went on before.

They need to get a life and realise that without English funding and tourists, both Scotland and Wales would be nothing.

I've been to Scotland literally hundreds of times and never had the slightest problem. My brother lives there; likewise. Devon on the other hand...

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I've been to Scotland literally hundreds of times and never had the slightest problem. My brother lives there; likewise. Devon on the other hand...

We absolutely love Scotland and I've travelled from coast to coast but when it comes to the English, we're nothing to them

Ofcourse, Wales is absolutely shocking, been 3 times and refuse to ever set foot in that country ever again, yes it's beautiful and how green is your valley and all that but as soon as you open your gob it really is over

Straight into Welsh language and even the road signs are showing that anyone from England, clearly shouldn't be there.

The sheep shaggers can do one big time and another, like Scotland that should go alone without any help from the so called United Kingdom 

Sadly, we have zero in common and that's how it will always be because of the past, where old wounds will never, ever heal.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad

21 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We absolutely love Scotland and I've travelled from coast to coast but when it comes to the English, we're nothing to them

Ofcourse, Wales is absolutely shocking, been 3 times and refuse to ever set foot in that country ever again, yes it's beautiful and how green is your valley and all that but as soon as you open your gob it really is over

Straight into Welsh language and even the road signs are showing that anyone from England, clearly shouldn't be there.

The sheep shaggers can do one big time and another, like Scotland that should go alone without any help from the so called United Kingdom 

Sadly, we have zero in common and that's how it will always be because of the past, where old wounds will never, ever heal.

You mean the dual language signs?

Lived in Wales for 7 years. The fact I'm English was barely acknowledged.

It appears to be Happy Hour on the owtb forum...

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I tend to find that if people want to be offended they'll find it quite easy to be so 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Don't kid yourself 

Nobody from England is welcome in Wales, walked in and instantly out of a pub I was going to take my wife and kids for an evening meal because of what I've mentioned and that parking ticket on one of their carparks because of our registration has always stuck with me and was all the proof I ever needed, maybe I should put a dragon badge on my car and try again

Ah,  bollocks, they can fuck right off the lot of em

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Apologies 

Edited by Littlemoor Lad

Slovenia 57th in the world rankings and making us look very average 

80 minutes gone, bored shitless and off to bed

God help us when we play a top side, get the plane ready.

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
I was upset and out of order

12 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

When you look up vast generalisation in the dictionary,  there's a picture of you.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think it was a penalty (Scotland v Hungary) - six of one and half a dozen of the other, both players were at it. No need for VAR to get involved, not at all a clear and obvious error by the referee. 

10 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I don’t think it was a penalty (Scotland v Hungary) - six of one and half a dozen of the other, both players were at it. No need for VAR to get involved, not at all a clear and obvious error by the referee. 

Defo a pen. The Hungarian's knee had already gone into the back of the attacker's leg before he pulled back on the shirt.

My only gripe with VAR before its introduction was the fact it'd remove any element of debate from the game. Needn't have worried.

On 6/26/2024 at 1:04 PM, longtimeblue said:

Defo a pen. The Hungarian's knee had already gone into the back of the attacker's leg before he pulled back on the shirt.

My only gripe with VAR before its introduction was the fact it'd remove any element of debate from the game. Needn't have worried.

Here, this is the official interpretation 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cz5rg5p1keko