Anyone else a bit bored.....

45 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Peaked too early son.

I was absolutely bouncing when Bellingham put that wonder goal in with seconds to go

Make no bones about it, Southgate has used up his nine live's and was saved from unimaginable fallout had the end result been any different 

He hasn't got a bloody clue, does he remind you of anyone in our recent history?

15 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Seeing England play so badly and still win gives hope that we can do well this coming season. 

That was like pulling teeth but you're absolutely right,

Although I'm certain that the Slovaks must be feeling totally cheated out of a famous scalp, they deserved far more in my own opinion.

Now watching Georgia who are certainly showing no fear against Spain, even though Rodri has just equalised 

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I was absolutely bouncing when Bellingham put that wonder goal in with seconds to go

Make no bones about it, Southgate has used up his nine live's and was saved from unimaginable fallout had the end result been any different 

He hasn't got a bloody clue, does he remind you of anyone in our recent history?

Yes one or two posters on here !  😄

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Moldham said:

After once again getting a much easier draw than Eriksson

We got an 'easy draw' because we always finish top of qualifying and we won our group. Other teams didn't. This isn't drawn out of a bag. Make your own luck.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The difference is Southgate has a fabulous bench. When someone gets injured and he HAS to change a player, we (England) get better! 😁

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

We got an 'easy draw' because we always finish top of qualifying and we won our group. Other teams didn't. This isn't drawn out of a bag. Make your own luck.

Another thing Southgate has changed - we win groups under him. Something that rarely happened before him. Like you say, always helps with the draw. 

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Another thing Southgate has changed - we win groups under him. Something that rarely happened before him. Like you say, always helps with the draw. 

Tonight the two top ranked countries in Europe, nos. 2 & 3 in the world, play each other in the last 16.  That's a direct result of neither of them winning their group, nothing to do with luck

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Tonight the two top ranked countries in Europe, nos. 2 & 3 in the world, play each other in the last 16.  That's a direct result of neither of them winning their group, nothing to do with luck

Really looking forward to it and then come Friday, there's what should be an absolute cracker, Germany v Spain

59 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

100%. We should have had to play Italy in the quarters and France in the semi. If we get to the final we'll play neither because one got knocked out against a "lesser" team and the other didn't win their group.

I had a look back at other tournaments too and not many winning teams have had to play more than 1 "big" team on the way to the final. Presumably because football is a bit unpredictable at this level and you rarely get the top 8 teams in the quarters, top 4 in the semis and so on.

39 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Really looking forward to it and then come Friday, there's what should be an absolute cracker, Germany v Spain

So before we go out, whatever happens on Saturday, Italy, one of France/Belgium and one of Spain/Germany will have gone home.  Not disputing how bad we have been but I'd rather go through luckily than go home early.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'd guess that the French press are quite cross that they managed to not top their group.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

So before we go out, whatever happens on Saturday, Italy, one of France/Belgium and one of Spain/Germany will have gone home.  Not disputing how bad we have been but I'd rather go through luckily than go home early.

What I don't get is why try and win by sheer luck instead of doing it on merit?

We most certainly have the player's to beat anyone on our day but it's clear that Southgate, is struggling with his own tactics and it's creating such imbalance and anxiety throughout the team. 

Next up, Switzerland and I'd still expect us to see them off, regardless of results.

Can we win it? I'd like to think so but Gareth really needs better decision making with player's, their positions and substitutions for us to even come close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We most certainly have the player's to beat anyone on our day but it's clear that Southgate, is struggling with his own tactics and it's creating such imbalance and anxiety throughout the team. 

This for me.

• It seems like Southgate and his coaching team do not know how to deal with the opposition playing a high press and closing us down.
  • It seems that Southgate is the only person who cannot see that his tactics are bringing a squad of hugely talented players down to average at best - resulting in abysmal performances so far.
  • It seems, despite press interviews to the contrary, that the players do not believe in the approach that they are being asked to adopt.

Despite his 'record' at recent tournaments, I would have sacked him after the previous Euros.

11 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This for me.

• It seems like Southgate and his coaching team do not know how to deal with the opposition playing a high press and closing us down.
  • It seems that Southgate is the only person who cannot see that his tactics are bringing a squad of hugely talented players down to average at best - resulting in abysmal performances so far.
  • It seems, despite press interviews to the contrary, that the players do not believe in the approach that they are being asked to adopt.

Despite his 'record' at recent tournaments, I would have sacked him after the previous Euros.

Said it before,

Imagine if either Pep or Klopp had been dealt this hand going into a major tournament 

Do you think we'd of looked anything like we do currently? I know I'd be far more upbeat as a fan.

17 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

This for me.

When a manager of a club is under pressure it's a daft question to ask who would he be replaced by.  But much less so for international positions - so who would have been on your list?  I believe, strongly,  that the manager of England should be an Englishmen.  I'd write that into FIFA regs, possibly with an allowance for lower ranked nations.  No overseas coach is going to achieve what Southgate has done in the wider sense, whether that is cultural or with working with all the different age groups.

5 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Said it before,

Imagine if either Pep or Klopp had been dealt this hand going into a major tournament 

Do you think we'd of looked anything like we do currently? I know I'd be far more upbeat as a fan.

There's no point pulling two stellar management names who, say, four years ago if Southgate had gone post the last Euros, but who would not have been remotely interested in the job into the debate.  And I want an English manager of the England team.