Anyone else a bit bored.....

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But it's not a case of wanting to get rid of him it might be the case him wanting to step back abd say that's me done I'm going out on a high.

I think he’ll go whatever the outcome.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Only Blue said:

I think we should all agree to let Southgate win us a tournament, just one for now,  no matter how we do it, and then going forward look at winning with style.

It's a massive monkey that needs getting off our backs. Southgate has put us in with a shout of doing that in every tournament, which is a huge shift forward from anything that has gone before him since 1966. As much as I'm shouting at the tv for him to make a change proactively rather than reactively, you can't deny that he and the squad have an air of calm and confidence about them, much more so than I can ever remember before. 

I saw a clip of TAA being asked for a one word summary of the game. Rather than "relief" or "tense" like many might have said in the past he just said "unstoppable".

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I think he’ll go whatever the outcome.

Yeah I do too. I think he just wants to break that final barrier of winning a tournament. After that I'm sure he won't want the hassle of changing his style to be free flowing and attacking which is what will be expected. Let someone else deal with that.

Dunfries completely missed the ball

Foul anywhere else on the pitch

We'll take it

Why didn't he play Foden in this position from the start?

It could and should have been like this

Edited by Littlemoor Lad

20 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Well who would have thought it. 

Exactly 

Bring on the right player's, get the job done and a huge amount of luck at every turn

Yep, before you say it, we're in the final 👍

8 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Exactly 

Bring on the right player's, get the job done and a huge amount of luck at every turn

Yep, before you say it, we're in the final 👍

Is luck scoring late? A goal in the 95th minute is worth the same as any other and scoring late is usually interpreted as a sign of character 

• Like 2

Who's to say that Watkins, had he been given the chance, wouldn't have scored in most games?

Atleast we'd of had an out ball instead of Kane predominantly behind the half way line and at times out on the wing, even taking corners ffs

What's his position? Does he even know?

11 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Who's to say that Watkins, had he been given the chance, wouldn't have scored in most games?

Atleast we'd of had an out ball instead of Kane predominantly behind the half way line and at times out on the wing, even taking corners ffs

And if my Auntie has bollocks...

20 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Kane the joint top goal scorer in the competition ?

Ah England fans. Absolutely buzzing for Southgate, the disrespect at this man gets and has received through the tournament is mind boggling. 

Another final for Gareth. Let’s get over the line! 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Kane the joint top goal scorer in the competition ?

Ah England fans. Absolutely buzzing for Southgate, the disrespect at this man gets and has received through the tournament is mind boggling. 

Another final for Gareth. Let’s get over the line! 

There’ll be many who’ve slagged Southgate for ages, complaining about intent and style or his subs. Last night we had all 3. So there’ll be something else now. Luck, draw, ref, if only he’d done this etc. Anything to be right eh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

There’ll be many who’ve slagged Southgate for ages, complaining about intent and style or his subs. Last night we had all 3. So there’ll be something else now. Luck, draw, ref, if only he’d done this etc. Anything to be right eh?

Yeah. It’s funny how he’s had a lot of grief about the subs. He’s got the big ones all correct and they have all made a big impact.

It’s boring getting to the latter stages continually….

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I am renowned, and with considerable justification and a compelling body of evidence, for being a miserable sod but even I wouldn't wish we had done things differently having reached the final of a major competition.  Just in case you hadn't noticed Kane is now join leading scorer at the tournament!  He may not have been at his best but he does know where the goal is.  Imagine Latics getting to the FA Trophy final (yes, I know many say they don't care but it's the only final we can get to (I'm not counting the U21 PL thing!)()and people saying , yeah but it would have been better if we'd played Fondop instead of Garner in the fourth round.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I am renowned, and with considerable justification and a compelling body of evidence, for being a miserable sod but even I wouldn't wish we had done things differently having reached the final of a major competition.  Just in case you hadn't noticed Kane is now join leading scorer at the tournament!  He may not have been at his best but he does know where the goal is.  Imagine Latics getting to the FA Trophy final (yes, I know many say they don't care but it's the only final we can get to (I'm not counting the U21 PL thing!)()and people saying , yeah but it would have been better if we'd played Fondop instead of Garner in the fourth round.

Who said anything about you being miserable?

It's a very low bar being set for the golden boot with an attacking midfielder/winger topping an illustrious list of so called world class striker's.

Watkins after scoring that goal said he'd waited weeks to get on to show exactly what he can do and what I'm saying previous is, had he been given a sniff from the start, especially in the group games, I'd wager he'd of offered far more than Kane in every department 

37 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Who said anything about you being miserable?

It's a very low bar being set for the golden boot with an attacking midfielder/winger topping an illustrious list of so called world class striker's.

Watkins after scoring that goal said he'd waited weeks to get on to show exactly what he can do and what I'm saying previous is, had he been given a sniff from the start, especially in the group games, I'd wager he'd of offered far more than Kane in every department 

I did!

For some reason hardly any of the many top-class forwards have been making much of an impact in this championship; it's a strange anomaly but he's done as well, in goalscoring terms, as nay of them and abetter than most.  You can never be proven right or wrong as to whether Watkins would have done better but the fact is - WE'RE IN THE FINAL!!!  That's our third major final ever so it can't have been that bad!  Is it not time to acknowledge that it's worked and get behind them rather than carping?  And you can go on all you like about soi called luck but it's irrelevant.

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Yeah. It’s funny how he’s had a lot of grief about the subs. He’s got the big ones all correct and they have all made a big impact.

It’s boring getting to the latter stages continually….

For me it’s not about the subs, it’s how little time he gives them. He has an unbelievable squad. Of course he is bringing on players who can change the game and have an impact. That bit is guaranteed by their quality. 

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

For me it’s not about the subs, it’s how little time he gives them. He has an unbelievable squad. Of course he is bringing on players who can change the game and have an impact. That bit is guaranteed by their quality. 

It’s easy to sit there and say bring X on to change the game. The reality is, will that player actually come on and change the game. 

Southgate has been spot on, clearly. 

46 minutes ago, Pidge said:

It most certainly isn't guaranteed!

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s easy to sit there and say bring X on to change the game. The reality is, will that player actually come on and change the game. 

Southgate has been spot on, clearly. 

We've been seconds away from going out, played mind numbingly dull football and fallen as lucky as we could of dreamed of with the draw, Southgate hasn't been spot on he's been fortunate but I'll take it.

We played consecutive games having only one shot on target (which led to goals) in 90 minutes and scraped through on penalties yet somehow will walk out for the final in Berlin. We have got better the last couple of weeks and will need to improve again Sunday but we have a chance. All that is despite having Southgate as boss not because of him in my opinion.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We've been seconds away from going out, played mind numbingly dull football and fallen as lucky as we could of dreamed of with the draw, Southgate hasn't been spot on he's been fortunate but I'll take it.

We played consecutive games having only one shot on target (which led to goals) in 90 minutes and scraped through on penalties yet somehow will walk out for the final in Berlin. We have got better the last couple of weeks and will need to improve again Sunday but we have a chance. All that is despite having Southgate as boss not because of him in my opinion.

Why do people not get that we didn't get lucky with the draw.  We breezed through qualifying and won our group.  Others didn't.  that's not luck, that's how it works!  It's why France and Belgium, ranked 2 & 3 in the world had to play each other in the last 16.  You make your own 'luck'.

• Like 1

For me its all about tournament football.  and how you manage the group of players throught the stages of the competition. All that matters in the group stages is qualifying by hook or crook. Knock out stages are different, we have improved hopefully to peak at the right time . But it will be difficult against a a very good Spain team who have efectively played a game less  than us with an extra day to recover. But we have players to hurt any team as  the dutch found out and changed their system . You never know , whatever the outcome Southgate deserves a lot of credit he has totally transformed our international game . Our second consecutive Euro final  60% possesion more shots at goal than a good Dutch side when did that last happen , He has also changed the mentality 15 years ago we would have lost that 2-1 . The future is bright but its white.