Anyone else a bit bored.....

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I would also come down hard on the fans in the ground who spend most of the match goading the opposition supporters.

Zero tolerance.

What about players who goad the opposition fans?  Finger to the lips celebration, etc.

People complain.High cost of living. High fuel prices. Needing to use food banks, unable to afford food for children and labour promising free breakfasts for kids YET Germany heaving with pissed up football fans especially Scots. Somebody is lying and taking the piss. But who??

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

People complain.High cost of living. High fuel prices. Needing to use food banks, unable to afford food for children and labour promising free breakfasts for kids YET Germany heaving with pissed up football fans especially Scots. Somebody is lying and taking the piss. But who??

You know it's possible that whilst some people may be struggling, others have been lucky enough to be able to afford some summer jollies, or comfortable enough bunging it all on a credit card, right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

Have you heard of saving money ? 

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

I have but then I don't complain about the state of the countries finance.

I don't expect tax payers to pay for my kids breakfast and I support money to Ukraine.Finally never discuss religion or politics with friends 

Good luck to Scotland tonight . And us next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diggleblue said:

I don't expect tax payers to pay for my kids breakfast and I support money to Ukraine.Finally never discuss religion or politics with friends 

Reckon I could guess your politics...

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Wibble. 

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Obviously these pissheads haven't 

They'll wake up tomorrow not even knowing what week it is

They should of stayed at home instead of going to a civilised country

19 hours ago, diggleblue said:

There's one cunt who goes everywhere by helicopter. Therefore everything must be hunky dory for everyone and there is no cost of living crisis.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

It crossed my mind Latics could have beaten that Scotland side tonight. They were that slow and poor.

They were utterly awful weren’t they. And now they’ve given a less than brilliant German team a real confidence boost, thanks Scotland.

When you think about the conveyor belt of talent Scotland used to produce, at least up until the late 70s, it’s truly astonishing how far they have fallen. Small population yes, but nations like Croatia and Uruguay can still produce good teams.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

they’ve given a less than brilliant German team a real confidence boost,

Germany played a high tempo pressing game and moved the ball quickly with lots of clever ‘off the ball’ movement.

They may not be ‘brilliant’ but they looked a tough opponent.

They’ve won 4 and drawn 1 of their last five games including victories over Netherlands and France.

I’m interested to see how they go on in their next games 🤔

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

They were utterly awful weren’t they. And now they’ve given a less than brilliant German team a real confidence boost, thanks Scotland.

When you think about the conveyor belt of talent Scotland used to produce, at least up until the late 70s, it’s truly astonishing how far they have fallen. Small population yes, but nations like Croatia and Uruguay can still produce good teams.

I remember late 70's/early 80's the Scotland team had some fantastic players.  Dalglish, Hansen, McQueen, Jordan, Buchan, Macari, Souness just off the top of my head.  Last night I only knew two of the team, Robertson and McTominay.

Germany started their first game like that in 1966 World Cup. Is it an omen we could have a Germany v England final with England winning again, albeit the Euros?

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Sparkleking said:

I remember late 70's/early 80's the Scotland team had some fantastic players.  Dalglish, Hansen, McQueen, Jordan, Buchan, Macari, Souness just off the top of my head.  Last night I only knew two of the team, Robertson and McTominay.

McGinn is captain of a team that qualified for Champions' League 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparkleking said:

That was then and this is now

So happy that somebody called out Scottish football for what it is,

Total shite

Edited by Littlemoor Lad
Missing word

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

McGinn is captain of a team that qualified for Champions' League 

He was very poor last night, looked very slow and ponderous. 

Didn't appear fully fit to me.

Been watching series 2 and 3 of the Wrexham documentary.

Not a trendy thing to say, but I like Reynolds and Mcehlenney and the way they've done the documentary.  Hearing the individual stories of their players is interesting.  Everyone's always got something going on - worth remembering next time anyone's thinking of booing someone onto the pitch!

That said - lets have it right - Wrexham were an absolute tinpot club until all this kicked off.  Smaller then Latics on every level.

And part of the USP seems to be that their success story is "special".  Is it fuck - they've found good owners, been marketed well and spent ridiculously to get it.

On 6/14/2024 at 3:26 PM, diggleblue said:

What the fuck

What an absolutely ludicrous opinion

Jesus wept, possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever read

• Like 3