Stockport County (H)

1 hour ago, Only Blue said:

Our hard-core fanbase never ceases to amaze me. Was there anything new e.g food and drink kiosks in the RRE?

N6tj88U.jpeg

It's now Pukka Pies, and there's was also meat and potato available.

Edited by Simpo

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

We should see less hoofs with no Sheron. Not a dig just a fact on what he use to do.

Do you not remember his ‘slide rule’ hoof from the half way line,(which someone on here actually described as intentional)  that Garner somehow got on the end of and scored at the Chaddy End?😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Simpo said:

N6tj88U.jpeg

Payment by card only which I didn't realise, so that's one lost customer  - how many more? They wont last long  turning customers away IMO.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Payment by card only which I didn't realise, so that's one lost customer  - how many more? They wont last long  turning customers away IMO.

There are very few who are cash only nowadays - if the club makes it clear that it’s cash only and people don’t have a card/phone then bring sandwiches! 😉

10 minutes ago, Simpo said:

N6tj88U.jpeg

Ahhh ……. Pukka pies, absolute quality they are and worth every penny.

£4.50 does seem a little excessive but they are in a different league to the crap served up last season!!

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

They did mention it on Twitter before the game:

At least you'll know for next time.

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

There are very few who are cash only nowadays - if the club makes it clear that it’s cash only and people don’t have a card/phone then bring sandwiches! 😉

Another know all post.

1. Show me where the club made it clear?

2, Explain why they cant take a cash as a secondary option so as not to lose custom?

3. Why don't you see any major supermarkets card only?

8 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

They did mention it on Twitter before the game:

At least you'll know for next time.

So everyone reads twitter? I wont be taking a card next time so custom lost.

As mentioned I can always take a sandwich an a flask.  With this policy caterers wont stay in business long.

Edited by BP1960

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

As mentioned I can always take a sandwich an a flask. 

Why wouldn’t you take a card ? Makes no sense. 

• Like 2

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Why wouldn’t you take a card ? Makes no sense. 

Why should I take a card to a football match when I have a season ticket? It makes no sense you think everyone has a card anyway.

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Why should I take a card to a football match when I have a season ticket? It makes no sense you think everyone has a card anyway.

Do you use a season ticket card or the season ticket on your phone ? 

Suspect you use the physical card. Assume you keep this in a wallet ? Why not put a debit card it the wallet also ? I don’t get it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do you have a debit card? 

If so, are you suggesting you prefer going to the bank, getting money out and paying cash, than tapping your card on a machine? 

• Like 2

My Grandpa is 95 years old and has never used a “hole in the wall” to take cash out in his entire life. 

However, he will always carry a debit card on him as he knows a lot of places do not take cash. It’s also generally safer for him to have that security of a card, should he need it. 

He doesn’t use contactless but he’s happy with chip and pin. I understand the age argument and different generations but carrying a debit card is hardly unusual these days for any generation. 

• Like 1

It's cashless for many reasons, just from a banking aspect it saves fortunes dealing with cash, saying that they were allowing people to pay cash on the turnstiles so they are quite happy to facilitate that when it suits.

Catering left a lot to be desired yesterday, hopefully it's a glitch and they will get on top of it before the season starts.

I hope when the season starts it’s both options I take a 7and 8 yr old.  When it’s near half time. The start to ask for drinks  I just give them the cash  so they can  go and get them  before the half time rush I wont  be giving them my card  also how will they go on  in the family stand  I believe there’s a tuck shop for the kids will this be  cashless also.  I went yesterday  and the guy behind me in the queue had only cash  so I paid for his coffee we need to use cash as a society  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

As mentioned I can always take a sandwich an a flask.  With this policy caterers wont stay in business long.

Entirely your prerogative to do so.

My guess is that the club has judged that the benefits gained from not having to handle cash outweigh any losses from people refusing to bring a debit card. 

Sorry. What I was hoping was positive replies about more food and drink options and started cardgate !!!  :)

I hate card only, but that's a war we can't win, a few pockets of resistance like my pub which prefers cash...  but it's inevitable it's gonna go. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

I was starting to get a bit worried that it was far too positive on here after yesterday's match...

Feel a bit better now, thanks!

Everyone bemoans the moaning, but secretly loves it. The reality is,  It would be really boring if everyone agreed and everything was great. 

• Like 1