Stockport County (H)

£7.50 for a pie and a cold drink is just ripping people off. You’ll always pay more at football grounds I get that but there is just no need for £4.50 pie and £3 for a pepsi. I guess people will still pay it, so thats how they justify it but I do hope people think twice before paying that. Still insisting on taking lids off as well which is one of life's mysteries to me. 

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

£7.50 for a pie and a cold drink is just ripping people off. You’ll always pay more at football grounds I get that but there is just no need for £4.50 pie and £3 for a pepsi. I guess people will still pay it, so thats how they justify it but I do hope people think twice before paying that. Still insisting on taking lids off as well which is one of life's mysteries to me. 

I won't be buying at those prices but some will, unfortunately everywhere you go now it feels like you're having your pants pulled down, recent trips to the darts and racecourse have done nothing to dispel that and a recent concert I attended where they wanted £8 for a can (not even a pint) of warm piss. 

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

Aye, it is expensive that. But many times last season, the half time refreshment was the only reason my daughter would still come. . 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Another know all post.

1. Show me where the club made it clear?

2, Explain why they cant take a cash as a secondary option so as not to lose custom?

3. Why don't you see any major supermarkets card only?

Your posts really are so miserable… careful @BP1960or you’ll get a reputation for being a grumpy old man 🥺

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Simpo said:

N6tj88U.jpeg

It's now Pukka Pies, and there's was also meat and potato available.

I didn't know Boddingtons still existed. Could never drink it because it's horrible but also because they closed OB down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I didn't know Boddingtons still existed. Could never drink it because it's horrible but also because they closed OB down.

In the seventies Boddies bitter was like mothers milk…an absolutely awesome pint!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Your posts really are so miserable… careful @BP1960or you’ll get a reputation for being a grumpy old man 🥺

I am a grumpy old man, look out for it when 79yo. 😉

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

In the seventies Boddies bitter was like mothers milk…an absolutely awesome pint!!

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Nah, wasn't a patch on OB

Boddingtons beer was never good. Oldham bitter, on the other hand, was a great pint. My formative drinking years were often spent in the Friendship in Middleton in the 70s drinking OB.

Amazed people think £4.50 for a pie is a rip-off - provided it’s decent quality of course. Those prices look pretty reasonable compared with a lot of eating out locations, especially in my part of the world. The club will presumably have benchmarked the prices against local cafes/restaurants/pubs. If they charged much less I might wonder what exactly the meat filling was!

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Amazed people think £4.50 for a pie is a rip-off - provided it’s decent quality of course. Those prices look pretty reasonable compared with a lot of eating out locations, especially in my part of the world. The club will presumably have benchmarked the prices against local cafes/restaurants/pubs. If they charged much less I might wonder what exactly the meat filling was!

Completely disagree. I go to Village Manor bakery in Waterhead most weeks who arguably do the best pies in Oldham, and they are around the £2 mark and are a million times better than a pukka pie. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Pukka pies are shit. Only good thing about last season were the pies and bovril.

Anyway in the main stand yesterday they had no pies and no beer.

What's happened to make us go back to pucca pies?Hope we don't go back to Unsworth.

The pies last year were better than Deliahs that I had when we played Norwich. 

I shall be writing to the board because" I know what a good pie looks and tastes like." and it ain't a pucca pie or any pie with flakey pastry.

6 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Pukka pies are shit. Only good thing about last season were the pies and bovril.

Anyway in the main stand yesterday they had no pies and no beer.

What's happened to make us go back to pucca pies?Hope we don't go back to Unsworth.

The pies last year were better than Deliahs that I had when we played Norwich. 

I shall be writing to the board because" I know what a good pie looks and tastes like." and it ain't a pucca pie or any pie with flakey pastry.

It’s all about opinions and in mine they are definitely not….pukka pies along with their flaky pastry are bang on!!

Last seasons pies were awful.

9 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I won't be buying at those prices but some will, unfortunately everywhere you go now it feels like you're having your pants pulled down, recent trips to the darts and racecourse have done nothing to dispel that and a recent concert I attended where they wanted £8 for a can (not even a pint) of warm piss. 

At least we won't be singing " who ate all the pies" anymore cause they won't be selling many and there'll be loads left over.

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s all about opinions and in mine they are definitely not….pukka pies along with their flaky pastry are bang on!!

Last seasons pies were awful.

Clearly you don't know what good food is  if you think pucca pies are good.And flaky pastry is a southern concoction.  I agree with a previous post Village Manor pies are excellent and cheaper.Frank has done a lot of good things at the club  but bringing back pucca pies is a retrograde step and this will be reflected in lower crowds and hence reduced income which could ultimately cost us promotion.

At Huddersfield the pies were Hollands which I always looked forward to.

• Like 2