Stockport County (H)

31 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Clearly you don't know what good food is  if you think pucca pies are good.And flaky pastry is a southern concoction.  I agree with a previous post Village Manor pies are excellent and cheaper.Frank has done a lot of good things at the club  but bringing back pucca pies is a retrograde step and this will be reflected in lower crowds and hence reduced income which could ultimately cost us promotion.

At Huddersfield the pies were Hollands which I always looked forward to.

I did say it was all about opinions but you lost credibility when you praised Hollands pies which are awful now, and not a patch on how they once were!

6 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Pukka pies are shit. Only good thing about last season were the pies and bovril.

Anyway in the main stand yesterday they had no pies and no beer.

What's happened to make us go back to pucca pies?Hope we don't go back to Unsworth.

The pies last year were better than Deliahs that I had when we played Norwich. 

I shall be writing to the board because" I know what a good pie looks and tastes like." and it ain't a pucca pie or any pie with flakey pastry.

I was sat in main stand on Saturday and got a pie and a drink, Main bars were shut but could walk down the steps to main stand lower and the bar there was open 

5 hours ago, penrhyn said:

F**k the pie shit ,anybody comment on the new signings 

I'm guessing they must be ok 😂 I'll take a season of complaining about pies 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Clearly you don't know what good food is  if you think pucca pies are good.And flaky pastry is a southern concoction.  I agree with a previous post Village Manor pies are excellent and cheaper.Frank has done a lot of good things at the club  but bringing back pucca pies is a retrograde step and this will be reflected in lower crowds and hence reduced income which could ultimately cost us promotion.

Agree with all of this. Flaky pastry doesn't belong on a pie. Pretty unimaginative step from the club to choose to sell them!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diggleblue said:

I didn't realise that it was the pie offer, not the football, that was the crucial factor in attendance at home matches! Mind you considering the way we played at times last season......

8 hours ago, penrhyn said:

F**k the pie shit ,anybody comment on the new signings 

Monthe - not much to do comfortable on the ball looks quick too

Kay - quick not afraid to get stuck in, putting a lot of early crosses in which we’ve missed

Charsley - looks a decent signing

Doro - looked very good when he came on 

Jez - direct, skillful  

Trialist #31 - had a solid game when he came on definitely worth another look at 

Trialist GK - didn’t have a save to make but comfortable with the ball at his feet trying to play out from the back 

not a new signing but Conlon looked a different player to last season best I’ve seen him play 

Reid looking very fit and sharp 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I did say it was all about opinions but you lost credibility when you praised Hollands pies which are awful now, and not a patch on how they once were!

The originators of Total Pie in the 70s with Cruyff, Neeskens etc. but the influence of chips with mayonnaise didn't do them any f(l)avours. 

1 hour ago, oafc94 said:

Kay - quick not afraid to get stuck in, putting a lot of early crosses in which we’ve missed

Jez - direct, skillful  

Trialist #31 - had a solid game when he came on definitely worth another look at 

Trialist GK - didn’t have a save to make but comfortable with the ball at his feet trying to play out from the back 

not a new signing but Conlon looked a different player to last season best I’ve seen him play 

Good summary. 

2 hours ago, oafc94 said:

Jez - direct, skillful  

Agree with this, just to add I thought Sutton and then Kofi Moore when he came on both acquitted themselves really well, both very physical and Moore particularly has strengthened up from last season.

What was noticable was how strong and physical we looked, everyone has come back in great condition which is a credit to the group and something we are not used to, we looked professional and at it from minute one.

I mentioned it on Saturday at halftime but Raglan stood out for me in the middle of the three, he's come back this season in great form and he organised us well, I know we may well go with different versions of four at the back when Ogle is fit but I thought Hobson, Raglan and Monthe as a back three looked pretty formidable. Kay gave us that bite we've been missing on the right and Kitch was back to his usual self causing problems all afternoon wide left. 

We seemed to play through Conlon quite a bit which is where I think we should use him, he sat in with Lundstrum, both were far more committed and positive, on the odd occasion Lundstrum turned back to goal and found himself exposed, I wish he would stop turning on the ball like that as he invariably turns in to trouble. Chersley and Hammond played more advanced, pressed well but more importantly looked after the football, Mikey did what Mikey does and didn't give them a minutes peace.

I know I like a moan but I actually feel really positive after seeing us Saturday particularly looking at the strength in depth we have, Norwood, Garner and Ogle will all add to that group and I must say if we can add just one or two more in key areas we could really start to believe this season, it looks like the players certainly believe.

I'll leave the EIEIEIO's to my friend @League one forever but i've a feeling this could be a fun season.

• Like 6

I dont want to piss people off but ... I thought Kay had a good game as did Conlon.There were definate signs that we have put right the imbalance of last seasons team.  Monthe did look like a footballer and will terrify some of the newer teams to this god forsaken league. 

On to cardgate .... there re a couple of shops in Royton that only accept cash ... and I never have any and it winds me up a bit ... but not to the point I would forgo my custom if I did happen to have some money in my pocket. I dont mind Pukka pies ... having worked in the midlands in the very late 80s early 90s they were all he rage. £4.50 for one is a little steep but you do have a choice to eat beforehand. 

Finally .. hope the pre season is great and the matches are good ... Saturday was the only one I could make as Im going on holiday and will miss all the rest of them. 

Please lets get out of this league, Briantree ................................ and I dont care if its via Play Offs

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Pukka pies are shit. Only good thing about last season were the pies and bovril.

Anyway in the main stand yesterday they had no pies and no beer.

What's happened to make us go back to pucca pies?Hope we don't go back to Unsworth.

The pies last year were better than Deliahs that I had when we played Norwich. 

I shall be writing to the board because" I know what a good pie looks and tastes like." and it ain't a pucca pie or any pie with flakey pastry.

13 hours ago, diggleblue said:

So you are going to write to the board about the pies changing and believing it will cost us promotion.

FB_IMG_1576350956321.jpg.65084903e5f994349a7a03cc004cdc54.jpg

Ok pal!

8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you are going to write to the board about the pies changing and believing it will cost us promotion.

FB_IMG_1576350956321.jpg.65084903e5f994349a7a03cc004cdc54.jpg

Ok pal!

Serious business is pies in Diggle, just ask Shitpeas.....

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I'll leave the EIEIEIO's to my friend @League one forever but i've a feeling this could be a fun season.

😁

Don’t worry, I’ve gone the other way now. I want to see something a lot more concrete than being 5th for two weeks before I get giddy.*

*Permission to complete forget I’ve said this if we win the first 5 games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree with this, just to add I thought Sutton and then Kofi Moore when he came on both acquitted themselves really well, both very physical and Moore particularly has strengthened up from last season.

What was noticable was how strong and physical we looked, everyone has come back in great condition which is a credit to the group and something we are not used to, we looked professional and at it from minute one.

I mentioned it on Saturday at halftime but Raglan stood out for me in the middle of the three, he's come back this season in great form and he organised us well, I know we may well go with different versions of four at the back when Ogle is fit but I thought Hobson, Raglan and Monthe as a back three looked pretty formidable. Kay gave us that bite we've been missing on the right and Kitch was back to his usual self causing problems all afternoon wide left. 

We seemed to play through Conlon quite a bit which is where I think we should use him, he sat in with Lundstrum, both were far more committed and positive, on the odd occasion Lundstrum turned back to goal and found himself exposed, I wish he would stop turning on the ball like that as he invariably turns in to trouble. Chersley and Hammond played more advanced, pressed well but more importantly looked after the football, Mikey did what Mikey does and didn't give them a minutes peace.

I know I like a moan but I actually feel really positive after seeing us Saturday particularly looking at the strength in depth we have, Norwood, Garner and Ogle will all add to that group and I must say if we can add just one or two more in key areas we could really start to believe this season, it looks like the players certainly believe.

Happy to hear all this sounds like we have started to put things right . Liking the physicallity aspect , at times last season we were a pushover .

Fuming about the Kiosk's Saturday. I brought two sheep to trade for a pie some crisps and a bottle of coke. 

Apparently it is card only now and you can no longer trade livestock in the ground. 

Does anyone have Barry Owen's fax number? 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Greenacres Pie Shop’s are the best in Oldham anyway.

Preach!

Promising to hear about Conlon, early days obviously but I've said a few times on here that he could be like a new signing next season at full fitness and with a good pre-season behind him, fingers crossed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Does anyone have Barry Owen's fax number? 

118 118

Talking of that absolute tool I was watching a David Dunn podcast (think it was under the cosh) and he goes on about his time here as manager, couldn't argue with anything he said but found it interesting how he goes on to describe a certain 'Director' who would call him most nights around 10pm, offering him advice, bet we can all guess who that fucking muppet was.

Anyway best bit is when he describes that game when he put himself on and the shit he got from some in the MS, describes them as cock-a-roaches 🤣, make me piss that.

If anyone hasn't seen it here it is;

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

118 118

Talking of that absolute tool I was watching a David Dunn podcast (think it was under the cosh) and he goes on about his time here as manager, couldn't argue with anything he said but found it interesting how he goes on to describe a certain 'Director' who would call him most nights around 10pm, offering him advice, bet we can all guess who that fucking muppet was.

Anyway best bit is when he describes that game when he put himself on and the shit he got from some in the MS, describes them as cock-a-roaches 🤣, make me piss that.

If anyone hasn't seen it here it is;

Watched this a while ago. It toe curling regarding shitpeas. Said he would ring him constantly at night and offer him support and understanding; then in the boardroom threw him under the bus in front of Corney. 🤮